A Tailor in Udon Thani?

Have a question or comment about Shopping in Udon Thani? Post it here!
PAUL STAKER
udonmap.com

A Tailor in Udon Thani?

Post by PAUL STAKER » July 30, 2009, 11:17 pm

When I am in Udon Thani I would like to have some clothing made. Can somebody please recommend a tailor that could make me some suits and I'd also like some traditional Thai style silk shirts.

Thank you.

Paul.

jingjai
udonmap.com

Re: A Tailor in Udorn Thanee?

Post by jingjai » July 31, 2009, 4:44 pm

Wattana Nuwong Rd., map ref: O-10. Next to the 108 IT shop. Across the street from the old Molly Malones/Down Under Bar, is a tailor shop.
I've never used them, but when I had a look in the shop, their work looked good.
The girl in the shop isn't too hard on your eyes either ;) .

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » July 31, 2009, 5:16 pm

There is a Place That specializes in Thai Silk, Called Ban Nakha Its on the Udon-Nong Khai Road,They will have some items available, i am not a fan of them myself a bit too gaudy for me,...but each to there own....although saying that i did buy some purple boxer style shorts (underpants) many moons back, nice and smooth and cool next to the skin, but fell to bits after some time.... :(

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » July 31, 2009, 5:28 pm

beer monkey wrote:There is a Place That specializes in Thai Silk, Called Ban Nakha Its on the Udon-Nong Khai Road,They will have some items available, i am not a fan of them myself a bit too gaudy for me,...but each to there own....although saying that i did buy some purple boxer style shorts (underpants) many moons back, nice and smooth and cool next to the skin, but fell to bits after some time.... :(
Yes, it's worth the trip. The ville is about 20k up the road from Tesco. But don't go to the area that's immediately visible from the hwy, my understanding it's a tourist trap. The locals shop in a soi of shops just inside and to the left of the tourist trap. I was there last week. A light weight silk shirt under 200bt and the slightly heavier weight about 350bt.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Re: A Tailor in Udon Thani?

Post by BobHelm » July 31, 2009, 5:47 pm

Yes there are shops in the Sois that are after the turn off to Bandung on the way back to Udon.
From memory I think that there is a walkway over the dual carriageway, immediately after the Bandung turning. If you park on the side of the main road after the bridge is probably easiest - the Sois are not very wide.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » July 31, 2009, 5:50 pm

Yes Go round the back of the Temple (wat) past the big tree in the middle of the road and carry on...lots of shops lots of silk, there is even an ATM somewhere....(seeing as you was asking on another topic)

cali4995
udonmap.com

Post by cali4995 » July 31, 2009, 11:27 pm

Are they authentic Indian tailors working illegally? :lol: I suspect Thais daring to engage in
this restricted profession might not offer goods of similar quality? (most likely better). :lol:

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » July 31, 2009, 11:33 pm

To Be Authentic they need a 'Door Man' and some goudy Racing Coloured Jackets on display in the window.......well you know the rest.

PAUL STAKER
udonmap.com

Post by PAUL STAKER » August 1, 2009, 12:08 am

Thank you so much for your replies I really appreciate it.

Paul.

tinpeeba
udonmap.com

Post by tinpeeba » August 1, 2009, 1:50 am

Have a look at this:

http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/d ... t3997.html

There is another tailor in the same row of shops as "New Look" but don't know what they're like.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » August 1, 2009, 7:41 am

personally, I have used upon a recomendation and been very pleased with a tailor called New Look for the past 5 years. H is on the same road as the karin Hotel, just past the second set of lights coming from the Complex.
The shop is called new look, next to a new Gold shop on the lhs side.
he is Thai Chinese and very good and honest.
I have purchased silk from Naka and he makes shirts, trousers or even jackets upon request to your design, allowing for your shape etc, very good.
There are tailors in nakas but none I would call good, but to each their own.

PAUL STAKER
udonmap.com

Post by PAUL STAKER » September 5, 2009, 1:31 am

As I am quite a large man I would like to purchase some shirts . My lady freind has told me that farang men there like to wear a white v-neck shirt like a kaftan type shirt . Where is the best plaice in udorn thanee to purchase them?

Regards,

Paul.
PAUL MICHAEL STAKER

The Farmer
udonmap.com

Post by The Farmer » September 5, 2009, 1:44 am

350,-Bth/ Shirt XXXL
800,-Bth/Trousers Sz. 42
include everything,
not the daughter,

this Lady is copying the Pakki's/Indians in Pattaya.

You wait 1 day.
Ask Nobi :D

PAUL STAKER
udonmap.com

Post by PAUL STAKER » September 6, 2009, 6:27 am

Wow that is like only 10 bucks for the shirt. Thank you for that Farmer.
PAUL MICHAEL STAKER

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » September 6, 2009, 6:56 am

PS.there is an extra large mens store in the mall in Udon,although the one in NK has a bigger and better selection.I am 6' and used to weigh 278 and I fitted out OK.I didn't like any of their long pants,so always wore long shorts with the tie string versus the belt which can be found in various locations,although I have not seen a good selection in the malls lately,the ThaSadet market in NK has several shops selling them ,approx 200 baht.
At 220,I can now wear my old long pants,but still prefer the the long shorts which I now buy in the large size.I have a few fairly new XXXL that I bought just before going on my weight loss program,if anyone is interested!

My lifestyle doesn't warrant or need ''fancy wear clothes'',unless a a wedding,funeral or cultural formal situation occurs!

300B for shirts and 800B for slacks sounds like a good deal to me,though :D

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » September 6, 2009, 7:07 am

cali4995 wrote:Are they authentic Indian tailors working illegally? :lol: I suspect Thais daring to engage in
this restricted profession might not offer goods of similar quality? (most likely better). :lol:
Many of the Indian tailors are actually Thai citizens!There seems to have been less cross race breeding amongst them than in some of the other Nationalities that migrated to Thailand way back when :lol:

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » September 6, 2009, 9:31 am

and they have substanial holdings in Sukhumvitt area, all landlords,

Omni Tower, Sofitel Hotel, Nana Plaza, Condos in Soi 6,

beastdalen

Post by beastdalen » June 12, 2010, 9:10 am

Hello there, i'll be in Udon from the 18/7-23/7. Looking to get some suits done. About 6 ft tall and weighing around 85 kilos. Any reasonably priced tailors in Udon or would i be better of buying them in Bangkok ?

Prenders88
udonmap.com

Post by Prenders88 » June 12, 2010, 10:30 am

beastdalen wrote:Hello there, i'll be in Udon from the 18/7-23/7. Looking to get some suits done. About 6 ft tall and weighing around 85 kilos. Any reasonably priced tailors in Udon or would i be better of buying them in Bangkok ?

Unless you want to walk around Udon looking like Norman Wisdom, you're better off buying from Bangkok or Pattaya.
The tailors down there have a larger range of cloth.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » June 12, 2010, 8:53 pm

No not the best reply, there are tailors in udon, many have cloth for you but you can also supply cloth brought elsewhere, be it silk or whatever to have made up.
Seek and ye shall find, four to five days is probably not enough time though to be honest, so you could buy in bangkok, but speed does not neccessarily mean good tailoring.

Return to “Udon Thani Shopping”