Fantasy World Cup Football....Join Here.

General sports news and discussions.
beer monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Fantasy World Cup Football....Join Here.

Post by beer monkey » June 17, 2010, 3:50 am

Trevor Wynn takes top slot....and Souey Comes flying up to second with an 11 pointer from Forlan.

No transfers allowed yet..... :evil: so we are stuck with what we got till this stage is finished.

polehawk
udonmap.com

Post by polehawk » June 17, 2010, 3:33 pm

....and when transfers are allowed has anyone thought about a good strategy plan? Remember, we will only be allowed to make five transfers the rest of the way. :-k

thai_tan
udonmap.com

Post by thai_tan » June 26, 2010, 12:14 pm

Good question polehawk, awkward as hell and I doubt anyone will share their strategy, I have made one transfer and will leave it at that unless I drop dramatically during the final 16 knockout, even then probably not, I guess if anyone is very low on points they might take a gamble and do more transfers, fortune favours the brave as they say (major potential for big upsets given the draws).
By the way I am top by pure luck and I don't expect it to last, wonders of the internet, quick research assisting me to pick my original team, the only really original descion I made was gambling on drogba and that was purely out of experience being a Chelsea supporter and knowing Drogbas ability to overplay his injuries and guess what, he didn't do that great anyway lol.

The best news is the games have improved massively and it is starting to look like a really exciting world cup after a dismal start. Now can England beat Germany and avoid the flippin penalties for once, that would be enough for me honestly heh heh!

GL everyone,

thai_tan

polehawk
udonmap.com

Post by polehawk » June 26, 2010, 1:37 pm

I didn't really think anyone would divulge their secret strategy, thai_tan. Just trolling a bit. :lol: Nice showing for your team, so far.

Checked the table this morning and able to see how many transfers and who was transferred by each team. I made four since three of my defencemen are on the big birds going home and my favorite player wasn't producing so he's gone. Now he will probably score a hat trick against the Germans. Leaves me with one transfer for the rest of the tournament.

I have hopes that the US gets by Ghana but Uruguay would be a problem. No cinch picks but Argentina, Brazil and Spain look strong although can't rule out England and Portugal.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » June 26, 2010, 6:38 pm

thai_tan wrote:purely out of experience being a Chelsea supporter

thai_tan
So you admit,you know little about football ! [-(

thai_tan
udonmap.com

Post by thai_tan » June 26, 2010, 7:01 pm

I admit nothing but I do know football is a game of two alves where some players give at least 110% and it takes me back to my childhood of jumpers for goal posts, marvelous! :mrgreen:

C'mon England

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » June 26, 2010, 7:28 pm

thai_tan wrote:I admit nothing but I do know football is a game of two alves :mrgreen:

C'mon England
So are you saying the World Cup revolves around Alves of Brazil or Alves of Portugal ?
But I'll make allowances for a Chelsea supporter ! Come on England! England 4 Germany 0....OK ! 8)

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » July 8, 2010, 4:24 am

Just The Final To Go, the Standings before the Big One....well done to the top players.

poolshark
udonmap.com

Post by poolshark » July 8, 2010, 4:55 am

thanks beer monkey,
just the final and 4 players each except for third placed team who has 5 in the final.
i want GOALS as I have no defenders involved.
5-4 to whoever would suit me fine. :D :D :D :D

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » July 12, 2010, 4:48 am

Well Done To Steve (poolshark)....Winner of The FF World cup League and to the runners up, Its been a battle at the top, well not for me anyway.. :-({|= And Thanks To Zid, Roy, Ralph, Pole'H, I/Alan,Joe,Brandt,Hamyai, Dean, Statts, Souey,Farang, Trevor, and Thomas G for playing.

Final Standings.

Click image above for clearer shot...or click this link.

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/535/ffworldcup.jpg

SanukJoe
udonmap.com

Post by SanukJoe » July 12, 2010, 1:42 pm

BM thanks for setting up this game, it's been great fun to me.

I expect you will get the following game started in August: Fantasy Kickers (www.fantasykickers.com) from the same FSports as the world cup. It's Premier League but not very complicated so that even a non-English Chelsea fan like me can play it... ;)

I have my team ready, just waiting for your details...

Come on BM, time to play again....

Cheers
Joe

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » July 12, 2010, 3:58 pm

Joe,
The last two years we have had a Fantasy Udon League which is linked to the Barclays Premiership.
Last year there were about 18 players and it was good fun,if not a little frustrating ! [-(
There is the Fantasy League,a Head to Head competition and also a cup competition which involves everyone registered with Barclays....last year there were over two million players worldwide.
I'm presuming there will be something similar this year which will be advertised on the forum in the next week or two.
The website is/was fantasy.premierleague.com/ or just google Barclays Premiership Fantasy League

PS:thanks to bm for setting up this World Cup competition :D

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » July 12, 2010, 7:22 pm

hello Joe,
Yes i saw that Fantasy kicker league, it will be simplistic like the World cup one...but i like a bit more control plus you can earn Millions in trading players with transfers when you like so you can upgrade your team, however we usually do the Premiership Fantasy Football as Zid mentions above, Galee does a league its called the 'FU league' and this will be the 3rd season coming up, i will also do a league when the doors open, (You can join as many as you want) i am sure you will pick up the FF league easy enough when it starts...plus you can ask any questions and you will get an answer.
Will post as soon as its set up as i am sure Galee will do too.

bm.

SanukJoe
udonmap.com

Post by SanukJoe » July 15, 2010, 2:09 pm

Thanks BM and Zid, I will give it a try, sounds like fun!

Cheers
Joe

Return to “World Sports”