Violent accident involving a pick-up truck

This forum is for personal video clips or favourite clips from youtube etc. (Only videos relating to Udon Thani and Thailand please)
Flatlander
udonmap.com

Post by Flatlander » July 25, 2010, 7:15 pm

They are immensely popular in Thailand pick-up trucks. The bigger the better. It is also a status symbol in Thailand. Sometimes you see a shack of a house, but a brand new pickup truck parked alongside. Course on credit or lease.

Although they are not intended, you see the pick-up trucks regularly pass with many people left in the tank. Often packed with Thai construction workers or laborers. Sometimes with small children.

You understand that this is fatal. You have absolutely no protection during an accident. Chances are that you will be launched by the hit your head against something and aanvliegt or on the street collapsed. But in Thailand there are few rules and are therefore dozens of deaths each day in the "Land of Smiles".

The following video I got sent. I do not know what exactly happened and whether it is in fact in Thailand has played but it seems to. At least it shows how dangerous a pick-up can be when you people will be transported. In the video you can see how far they are thrown away. Some state happy again. Looks like the driver and his passenger are worse off. I also wonder if she had the seat belt on.

Warning: it's a violent movie is probably not for everyone.
http://vimeo.com/13601637

Eazy-Going
udonmap.com

Re: Violent accident involving a pick-up truck

Post by Eazy-Going » July 25, 2010, 10:39 pm

Totally gruesome, so many people in the back had no traction on front axle....horrific. Naturally no-one inside wearing seatbelts, TIT.

Always makes my blood run cold when I see four people on a motorcycle, one being a small child and one a babe in arms, no helmets, no road sense and def no common sense, and the stupid BIB spend their time making a bit of somchai from the few adolescents in the town centre between the hours of 11 and 4pm before going home for the day. Motorcycles should be impounded, tests should be taken...but who cares as long as they get their tea money for the day. Even saw a BIB on Thursday on MC, in uniform, no helmet and taking his 2 small kids to school in the morning...TIT!!!!

Texpat
udonmap.com

Post by Texpat » July 25, 2010, 11:03 pm

Eazy-Going wrote:Even saw a BIB on Thursday on MC, in uniform, no helmet and taking his 2 small kids to school in the morning...TIT!!!!
One afternoon about two years ago, I sat at the Down Under bar watching two cops shake down helmetless riders for about two hours. When they were done, about 4 p.m., they both jumped on a single motorcycle and drove away -- no helmets.

Simply astonishing.

panick
udonmap.com

Post by panick » July 26, 2010, 1:18 am

Texpat wrote:
Eazy-Going wrote:Even saw a BIB on Thursday on MC, in uniform, no helmet and taking his 2 small kids to school in the morning...TIT!!!!
One afternoon about two years ago, I sat at the Down Under bar watching two cops shake down helmetless riders for about two hours. When they were done, about 4 p.m., they both jumped on a single motorcycle and drove away -- no helmets.

Simply astonishing.

Gotta go with you there Sexpat ;)

Got pulled for running a red light ..... Sgt ( Please pay me! ) had a Honda Shadow with a recycled plate ( Honda Wave )
Got talking and he wanted to sell it ... mentioned about the recycled plate and that he ought to write himself out a fine for the same as he was abusing, not upholding. the law ;)
Fine reduced to ฿200 from ฿500 and got his phone number if anyone wants to buy his bike! \:D/

Funman
udonmap.com

Post by Funman » July 26, 2010, 5:47 am

In California it is illegal to ride in the back of a PU unless there are seats with restraints for each person. Even if they had such a law in Thailand it wouldn't be enforced so it's a moot point.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 26, 2010, 7:39 am

I understand this video is actually from Mexico.

It is certainly not Thailand, as you can see from the style of houses at the beginning, the clothing, and the fact the pickup is right hand drive and driving on the right.

It was probably only 10 or 15 years ago the practice of having passengers in the tray of a pickup - or more likely, a ute - was banned in Oz.

nkstan
udonmap.com

Post by nkstan » July 26, 2010, 7:41 am

Funman wrote:In California it is illegal to ride in the back of a PU unless there are seats with restraints for each person. Even if they had such a law in Thailand it wouldn't be enforced so it's a moot point.
Oh ,it would be enforced alright!A sure winner for ''the Mia Noi funds'',probably better for the police than the ''no helmut'' stops and a no argument positin for the ''money stops'' on the open highway :lol: :lol: :lol:

mrbeerlao
udonmap.com

Post by mrbeerlao » July 26, 2010, 8:10 am

WOW thats really bad,Cant beleive the guy withnthe camera was just standing there,...ALL ABOUT TIMING

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 26, 2010, 8:18 am

jackspratt wrote:I understand this video is actually from Mexico.

It is certainly not Thailand, as you can see from the style of houses at the beginning, the clothing, and the fact the pickup is right hand drive and driving on the right.

It was probably only 10 or 15 years ago the practice of having passengers in the tray of a pickup - or more likely, a ute - was banned in Oz.
Correction - left hand drive and driving on the right. :oops:

Funman
udonmap.com

Post by Funman » July 26, 2010, 8:55 am

JS, didn't know it really mattered over here (right or left) on that type of road. :lol:

Prenders88
udonmap.com

Post by Prenders88 » July 26, 2010, 9:43 am

Pick-ups are no longer status symbols they once were, when banock villagers traded in thier bulllock carts, now it's either a Benz or SUV's like the Fortuner, Mu7, Captiva, and the CR-V.
Mitsubishi finally got on the bandwagon with the Pajero.
Next down the pecking order of Thai snobbery is a saloon car, lastly the pick-up truck that marks you out as a farmer, or farang kee-nok, if you're a white bloke driving one, especially if it has a green plate.

The Honda Phantom for sale sounds like its got no Green book.

AussieBoy
udonmap.com

Post by AussieBoy » December 30, 2010, 11:12 pm

sissor-mouth
udonmap.com

Post by sissor-mouth » December 31, 2010, 1:59 am

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh my goodness scary stuff I thing the fella who looked as if he come out of the window and ended up under the truck would have been lucky to still in the land of the living if I was him i'd haunt the driver for driving like a complete loon .

DermotC
udonmap.com

Post by DermotC » December 31, 2010, 2:04 am

sissor-mouth wrote:Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh my goodness scary stuff I thing the fella who looked as if he come out of the window and ended up under the truck would have been lucky to still in the land of the living if I was him i'd haunt the driver for driving like a complete loon .
Now Now sissor, remember 'Rose coloured Glasses' hahahahahha

DermotC
udonmap.com

Post by DermotC » December 31, 2010, 3:57 am

Guys apologies forthe hahahahahah at the end of my last post. Private Joke with me and sissor. Given the topic, in bad taste, apologies again

ron-davis

Post by ron-davis » April 15, 2011, 7:52 pm

If you or your kin are a victim of any such construction accident, then contact a accident lawyer to get justice and compensation from the negligent construction company or any other negligent party involved.

Return to “Udon Thani & Thailand Video Clips”