Going Back to Khorat

This forum is for personal video clips or favourite clips from youtube etc. (Only videos relating to Udon Thani and Thailand please)
Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Going Back to Khorat

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » August 11, 2010, 9:22 pm

Yes, that is right. I am getting on a Cathay Pacific flight to Bangkok via Hong Kong tonight at 1:30 a.m., and will arrive in Bangkok at 10:30 a.m., Friday morning. I should be able to arrive in Khorat within 5 hours or so, and get to see Sunaree perform at the Scout Jamboree, 13-15 near the Thao Yaa Mo shrine.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4_HIT0UznbY&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4_HIT0UznbY&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

nkstan
udonmap.com

Re: Going Back to Khorat

Post by nkstan » August 12, 2010, 7:58 am

Tilo,you seem to have an obsession about this performer,unless I missed a description of your personal relationship with her somewhere in the many posting you have made about her! :lol:

Is she your favorite of all the present day performers in music? :confused:

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » August 12, 2010, 8:10 am

Hope you can stay awake to enjoy the concert after that long journey Tilo . Think she might give you a VIP seat for all the plugs you've been giving her on here .? :lol:
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » August 19, 2010, 2:15 pm

True Brit and nkstan, thank you for your recent comments.

I met some nice people from Korat and have been staying with them since my arrival in Thailand. One of the family worked on tour with Sunaree for over 5 years, and still has contact with her.

In fact, Sunaree spoke with me over the telephone yesterday afternoon and invited me to dinner with her troupe before her show at Khao Yai National Park on Saturday. I was very excited to speak with her. Sunaree does not know much English, but our conversation was interesting for me to say the least.

Sunaree telephoned me about one hour ago before her flight to Haadyai, to say hello and remind me about dinner on Saturday.

The upshot is, yes, I would say Sunaree is my favourite singer at this time.

Oh, she is 42, and would like to find a nice farang man, as she is fed up with Thai men. She lives with her parents and sons outside Korat, near the parents of Tukatan Chollada, and does not have a man in her life.

I hope to get some nice photos on Saturday, and videotape some of Sunaree's performance too.

Thanks again for the comments and questions.

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » August 19, 2010, 3:02 pm

Hello Tilo . Looks like you could be in with a chance there then? Don't forget everything you learnt at WBU though .I attach an old photo of her and her two sons by her record producer husband !!
l_dd288cb52b7e469a952574894dea7cc9.jpg
Did you see the recent TV series on Channel 3? The kids are now 13&14 and she is looking to go to America . :lol:
If I can find it I will post a link .

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » August 19, 2010, 3:12 pm

Tilo . Found the link but as it is all in Thai decided to PM you instead .

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » August 19, 2010, 3:51 pm

Sorry just realised the interview was from 2008 so the kids are now 15&16. But I know you will find it interesting.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » August 23, 2010, 5:34 pm

TrueBrit, thanks so much for the additional information and photo of Sunaree. I am having great difficulty in logging on using windows, and it is the only server available at the internet cafes that I frequent.

You are correct, the two boys are 15 and 16, and they are attending high school in Khorat.

I had a very interesting meeting with Sunaree, and saw her show. She is a very nice lady. I videotaped most of the show, and only embarrassed myself a bit by dancing with her on stage. The crowd seemed pleased but....

When Sunaree returns from her short tour to Khorat, she is inviting me to her home to meet her parents and two sons. This is, by the way, about friendship. She is a longtime friend of one of the people that I am staying with in Khorat. As soon as possible, I will post a video of her performance and, a few of the photos of her that I took.

This morning Sunaree sent me two photos of her sons via telephone.

Thanks again.

Return to “Udon Thani & Thailand Video Clips”