How do YOU like it?? (Burgers)

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
nkstan
udonmap.com

How do YOU like it?? (Burgers)

Post by nkstan » September 2, 2010, 6:51 am

What is the ''best burger''?I think it is the burger that is prepared and cooked the way I like it!Served by a knowledgable,pleasant acting person that provides plenty of napkins as I ''experience'' the burger

For me,it starts with a thick 200gram beef pattie,broiled dark on the outside and pink(not red) in the middle,served on a lightly toasted bun(no butter on the bun,thank you :roll:) or French bread,thin slice of onion,generous slices of tomato,generous amount of reasonably fresh green lettuce and 2 slices of cheese!Salt and peppered to taste by me,mayonaise on the lettuce and tomato side and yellow mustard on the onion and cheese side,also put on by me,no ketchup on my burger,thank you !

It should be difficult to open my mouth wide enough to bite into it,therefore I must squeeze it ,causing juices and condiments to run out on my fingers(washed ,of course :lol: ),so that I can lick them and solidify the dining experience! :D

If I was to ask where I could get the ''best burger'',it would be the establishment that comes closes to meeting my description!
I would describe this ''best burger'' as a ''Nothern California Burger''! :D :D

firsttimebangkok
udonmap.com

Re: How do YOU like it??

Post by firsttimebangkok » September 2, 2010, 7:24 am

Great got my mouth watering first thing in the morning....now where can I find this in Udon ????

TJ
udonmap.com

Post by TJ » September 2, 2010, 7:38 am

Yes. Ground beef should be from shoulder. In the U.S. the cut is called chuck. Ground sirloin from the back is another good choice. A rump beef cut is unacceptable. Lean to fat ration 4 to 1. Choice of cheese. Tomatoes should be ripe and juicy, not the common sort-of-ripe plum tomatoes. Lettuce: iceberg or butter. Pepper freshly ground. Pickles on the side. Sufficient napkins to handle the drippings. With properly prepared fries.

Uh. A fried egg or other IAW what momma used to make.

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » September 2, 2010, 8:26 am

For me, it's all in the beef. Minced beef, seasoned and hand formed patties is what makes the difference to me. Not frozen pre-formed patties, for that I may as well go to Micky Dee's. There are only a hand full of places that I have experienced a good burger.

TJ's
Burger Station (near train station)
Sangkaew (awesome burger served with a cumber sauce)

nkstan
udonmap.com

Post by nkstan » September 2, 2010, 9:13 am

firsttimebangkok wrote:Great got my mouth watering first thing in the morning....now where can I find this in Udon ????
That is really a question for another topic,this is ''How do you like it'',not where to find it,which is a near impossibility anywhwere in my experience,except a few times,but not consistent! :D

Farang1
udonmap.com

Post by Farang1 » September 2, 2010, 9:27 am

I had close to what you described at the Book House. They were very accommodating to customizing the sandwich. Swiss is the cheese of choice. I'll order the onion ring instead of fries and put a couple ring on the burger. I also like to put on a slice of ham and/or bacon. I'll take the catchup or BBQ sauce or Heinz 57 sauce. =P~

Texpat
udonmap.com

Post by Texpat » September 2, 2010, 3:44 pm

For me:

Not too much sauce please.
The only thing dripping should be juice from the burger.
No ketchup, a little spicy brown mustard, maybe some horseradish. The taste should be in the burger and the bun, not all the fluff piled on top. When grilling the burger, splash on some Tabasco.

A slider-burger is no fun to eat.

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » September 2, 2010, 4:11 pm

sounds good Stan, but hold the mustard and grill the onion.

652...............serving food again for that pig out burger.

TJ's ..............for a normal serving.

BookHouseCoffee.............very nice also, but patties.

Sangkaew...........use to get there, haven't tried new location yet.

8)

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » September 2, 2010, 6:43 pm

laphanphon wrote:sounds good Stan, but hold the mustard and grill the onion.

652...............serving food again for that pig out burger.
Yes indeed, thick & juicy freshly made beef patties with a side of fries, Worth the wait. Best burger value in town, IMO.
TJ's ..............for a normal serving.
Again, freshly made patties, good value. The sausage (pork) burger is good too.

BookHouseCoffee.............very nice also, but patties.
Maybe a one off, but the beef patty was over cooked.
Sangkaew...........use to get there, haven't tried new location yet.

Nok's uses a cucumber sauce on her burger's that give them a unique taste. The kind of sauce used on a gyro back in the States. It's different yes, but very tasty. Burgers can be ordered without the sauce.

polehawk
udonmap.com

Re: How do YOU like it?? (Burgers)

Post by polehawk » September 2, 2010, 7:27 pm

Have tried burgers at TJ's and they are good and will get around to trying the others sometime but the BEST burger in town? Only IMO but Harry's Bar has to be in the running. Don't know where they buy the buns but they're always fresh and plump. Handmade patties cooked to your liking with the large fries that a lot of us prefer. Fresh lettuce, pickle and tomato. Harry's wife is an excellent cook and if you don't believe that, take a look at the size of him. :lol:

Another place I like is the burger with salad bar at Sizzler at the complex. Burger is huge and tasty. Nobody there tries to say you can only make one trip up to the salad bar either. I like the tiny guinea hen eggs, small tomatoes and macaroni salad best. Two or three different soups and desserts. Costs a little more but worth it, again IMO. =P~

DermotC
udonmap.com

Post by DermotC » September 2, 2010, 9:06 pm

Unfortunately Ive NEVER had a really good burger in Udon.....For me its the beef, Thais seem to do Pork and Chicken very well but Beef, imo, forget about it!

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » September 3, 2010, 7:38 am

I will be a complete philistine - I quite like the 7-11 burgers! Well, I like the price, does as a snack.

old-timer
udonmap.com

Post by old-timer » September 13, 2010, 10:30 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lI_6KtMOJ7g&NR=1

This is the perfect burger and the bloke with the WFB reminds me of LA. (laphanphon).

OT............. \:D/

old-timer
udonmap.com

Post by old-timer » September 13, 2010, 10:35 pm

Sorry folks, OT just checked out the clip again and realised she's not a WFB. Pig ugly actually.
I can't believe I made such a stupid mistake.

OT.....well on subject as usual..... \:D/

Return to “Open Forum”