Sawang Daen Din

General Udon Thani topics only!
harrison
udonmap.com

Sawang Daen Din

Post by harrison » April 14, 2010, 4:33 am

Hi Folks, Anybody on here familar with town of Sawang Dan Din, which i think is about one hour west of Udon.....i am trying to obtain information on a new house development there......i have vague info that development is beside Tesco in the town, Any info, telephone nos etc would be very much appreciated. Present location,Europe. :guiness:

parrot
udonmap.com

Re: Sawang dan din

Post by parrot » April 14, 2010, 7:37 pm

Sawang Daen Din (สว่างแดนดิน) is east of Udon, about 1 hour. We knew an American who lived there a few years ago and visited him a few times. Not much in town....might be a smaller version of Tesco nowadays, but you won't find much in the way of entertainment, hospitals (other than a government one), and big-town shopping (Global, Index, Makro, etc). Our friend used to drive to Udon once a month to do his shopping.

Alchai
udonmap.com

Post by Alchai » April 14, 2010, 7:45 pm

I found this comment posted on Teak Door forum for a year ago..
http://teakdoor.com/north-east-thailand ... -22-a.html

harrison
udonmap.com

Post by harrison » April 15, 2010, 2:21 am

Alchai, thanks for that and parrot, meant to say East of course, Geography haywire.

luangtom
udonmap.com

Post by luangtom » April 16, 2010, 4:37 am

Sawang has changed considerably in the past few years. There were once no internet - cafes intown and now there are at least a half-dozen. Resorts and dining has grown, as has accommodation for visitors. Tesco-Lotus is fairly large in size for a town the size of Sawang Daen Din. A Chevrolet dealership even recently opened there. The project by Tesco is not too inviting for one used to rural and quiet life in the Isaan. Dwellings seem far too close in proximity to each other for me. I will continue to be happy with our family farm-site abode that we frequent each Winter. I can still hear the water trickling by in the creek, the frogs at night and feel the wind daily, all the while lying in my hammock.

triton

Post by triton » May 23, 2010, 12:31 am

@ harrison

house development is behind tesco lotus.

72 houses are planned.

36 houses are already finished now.

Price from 500.000 to 1.900.000 Bath.

4 catagories.

Bought one in May already. Very nice houses.

Office is on the mainroad , nearby this development. N22. Name : Suptawee. For telephone number i have to call my wife again.

harrison
udonmap.com

Post by harrison » June 17, 2010, 9:35 am

Thanks TRITON +LUANGTON, bought a house myself in the development, but there seems to be a problem with motorcycles using the development as a shortcut to a village to the rear of the houses....boundary walls are promised.
:^o :^o

Alice

Re: Sawang Daen Din

Post by Alice » October 2, 2010, 7:36 pm

Hi all,

I am a 28 year old Australian female, married to a Thai guy whose family is in Sawaang Daen Din. Their house is just behind the Tesco-Lotus.

We will be visiting in November / December this year and I wouldn't mind catching up with the other local expats, if any of you guys are interested.

Also, I want to hook them up with an internet connection at the house. I'm told that landlines are impossible to get, and the best way to go is satelite. If any of you have any experience with this and can give advice on how best to proceed this would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance.

KHONDAHM
udonmap.com

Post by KHONDAHM » October 3, 2010, 3:33 am

Hey! My wife is from there and we still maintain the old house in the village (although I have no idea why other than it is sentimental to the Mrs.). Anywho, don't go satellite. Been there, did that. If DSL is not available in the town proper, you are better off using an aircard. You can get unlimited 128 Kbps service for THB 999 per month with 1-2-Call.

It's been a year or more since I last visited myself, but I recall the Internet shops in town had DSL. If they have it, I imagine you could get a line if so close to the Lotus.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » October 3, 2010, 7:05 am

i think it must be possible to get internet in sawang, it will be TOT, for the moment 6mbit for 599 bath working descent
(do not expect 6 ...), maybe you can call them: 006642247702/ 006642247703...
good luck...

SanukJoe
udonmap.com

Post by SanukJoe » October 3, 2010, 12:21 pm

Hi Alice

I'm a regular visitor of Sawan daendin and Tesco is one of my stops, occasionally having a drink with my Oz friend John who lives close by too. There are quite some farang around so it shouldn't be too difficult to make contact.
If you would like to meet you can send me pm once you're in Sawan or before.

There are landlines in Sawan so you should be able to get a proper Internet connection, don't know about DSL but anyway faster than air-card (I have an air-card myself due to living in a rural village but it's slow and drops many times).

Cheers
Joe

virginprune
udonmap.com

Post by virginprune » October 3, 2010, 7:43 pm

I shall be in SW as well for a couple of months from mid november...my g/f who is there on a temporary basis says she has room near a farang bar ? I don't know as not been there yet but looking forward to it. I will have my bicycle with me so hope the exploring is good around there :D

kipperthai

Post by kipperthai » October 4, 2010, 2:49 pm

Where is the farang bar in Sawang ? There was one a few years back but sadly the owner died. I was there in April and did not see a farang bar.

virginprune
udonmap.com

Post by virginprune » October 5, 2010, 6:27 am

kipperthai wrote:Where is the farang bar in Sawang ? There was one a few years back but sadly the owner died. I was there in April and did not see a farang bar.
I dont know but if there is one I shall find it in novemb :guiness: er

jks

Post by jks » October 5, 2010, 8:20 pm

Hi - there used to be two farang bar's/restaurant's "hidden" on a small road south of and parallel with the main road (highway 22) close to centre of Sawang Daen Din. I plan to go there in February to check it out! Would like to meet other farangs living in the area ;-)

harrison
udonmap.com

Post by harrison » October 21, 2010, 6:59 am

Will be there January for 6 months, ...house rear of tesco 8)

kevin2009
udonmap.com

Post by kevin2009 » February 11, 2011, 12:26 am

Hi JKS....be there end of March and April :guiness:

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”