Is there an increase in property crime in Udon?

General Udon Thani topics only!
fatbas***d
udonmap.com

Is there an increase in property crime in Udon?

Post by fatbas***d » October 24, 2010, 8:27 am

I think it is, many residents around me in the Sukasem estate agree.
Up until this year an incident of property violation was rare, once a year or so.
Now the frequency of reported incidents is almost a weekly occurrence.

Sukasem has its own particular features making its residents an easier target, a high proportion of relatively affluent residents , no obvious security and isolated by surrounding farm land.
Its an easy hit and run target, do the businesses and jump over a wall then away.

I believe most of the perps are from surrounding areas, local lads with plenty of time on their hands and a glue or yaa baa habit.
I have seen evidence of glue sniffing parties lying around the estate surrounding farmland.
As these lads can and do freely access Sukasem estate without questioning. its easy for them to log residents movements.
I personally am thinking of moving to a safer environment and would appreciate advice as to if there is a more central location and more importantly an estate with security patrols and an obvious police presence.

jingjai
udonmap.com

Re: Is there an increase in property crime in Udon?

Post by jingjai » October 24, 2010, 10:35 am

...many residents around me in the Sukasem estate agree.
...a high proportion of relatively affluent residents...
Perhaps the residents ought to form a homeowners association, and hire a real security company to police the area 24/7. It's obvious the charming Violet isn't going to take any action. For those that don't know, Violet is the developer of Sukasem. She and her family also live in the estate.

It's a shame really, as Sukasem Estate should be a really nice place to live.

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by pienmash » October 24, 2010, 11:20 am

Fat bast***d , i lived on Sukasem when first moved to Udon 2 years ago .... at first i thought it was ok and indeed was good for my son to play safely and well accessable .... but there appeared to be an increase in the amount of house breakins which as developed into an almost weekly accurance , many of my customers at CC are from that estate and all tell of a dramatic increase in crime / burgaries etc and a lack of proper security . Having met the lovely Voilet and delt with her its plain to see she doesnt give a sh*t about the residents there , the ones who pay her to provide decent street lighting/cleaning , refuse collection and also security (which is a joke).

IMO it shouldnt be down to the residents to hire their own security company its Vile voilets part of the deal but jingjai does have avalid point becos for sure she will do jack sh*it to help.

mash

fatbas***d
udonmap.com

Post by fatbas***d » October 24, 2010, 12:42 pm

P&M, your a forthright sort of guys aren't you ? :D
Another solution may be to arm the fearsome sukasem cricket gang with each have having their own bats, sort of a dads army.
Put them on patrol at the front gate, i'm sure if we kept them supplied with beer and a regular change of adult diapers they could keep guard and frighten any punk off the premises.

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » October 24, 2010, 1:40 pm

fatbas***d wrote: Another solution may be to arm the fearsome sukasem cricket gang with each have having their own bats,
If they get their own bats, can I have mine back please. :D

Prenders88
udonmap.com

Post by Prenders88 » October 24, 2010, 2:27 pm

Some time ago the Police caught six yobbo's from Romyen 3, who were doing a lot of breakins on our estate, Lake Garden. Since then we have got new gates to get in out of the estate, 24 hour security, the estate boundry fences have been heightened. Visitors have to leave ID or Driving licence at the gatehouse and pick them up when they leave.
Residents have been given stickers to put on the car/motorbike.
The thieves from Romyen 3 just climbed up a ladder on the estate wall that backs onto farmland.

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by pienmash » October 24, 2010, 2:31 pm

fatbas***d wrote:P&M, your a forthright sort of guys aren't you ? :D
Another solution may be to arm the fearsome sukasem cricket gang with each have having their own bats, sort of a dads army.
Put them on patrol at the front gate, i'm sure if we kept them supplied with beer and a regular change of adult diapers they could keep guard and frighten any punk off the premises.
Not a bad idea FB but i fear the local scum crimnals would just wait till the cricket force have gone for tea or till rain stops play before they start breakin windows !!

I am forthright when talking about folks like VILELET shes so nice she cut off my mates electric and water causing no end of problems and defrosted freezers etc knowing he was in hospital with a broken back whilst still remembering to charge him his monthly maintainance fee . I wouldnt piss in her gob if her tongue was on fire as my old gran use o say .

I heard from a customer the security guards are ---- hot on Lake Garden City - down to taking car numbers and constant checks of the sois , a very diligent bunch of chaps by all accounts

mash

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » October 24, 2010, 4:51 pm

Prenders88 wrote:Some time ago the Police caught six yobbo's from Romyen 3, who were doing a lot of breakins on our estate, Lake Garden. Since then we have got new gates to get in out of the estate, 24 hour security, the estate boundry fences have been heightened. Visitors have to leave ID or Driving licence at the gatehouse and pick them up when they leave.
Residents have been given stickers to put on the car/motorbike.
The thieves from Romyen 3 just climbed up a ladder on the estate wall that backs onto farmland.
You better have a talk with your security because I've been there a number of times and never been asked for anything. Funny thing also, as I enter the gate it's wide open with no guard present. Instead he's positioned on the other side (exit) operating the guard/safety device to allow people out. Shouldn't that be reversed?

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by pienmash » October 24, 2010, 7:31 pm

Yesterday i went to Lake Garden City - i was stripped searched by a uniformed Thai hunk both on arrival and departure , he had very strong fingers and used a rubber glove . i was only delivering some sausages !! .......... I WENT BACK AGAIN THIS MORNING AND AGAIN THIS AFTERNOON ....

mash

polehawk
udonmap.com

Post by polehawk » October 24, 2010, 7:51 pm

So, a free prostate exam then? Anything to save a buck in these tough times, eh? Good lad.

When we lived at First Homes, I had a view from our rented house of the Thai guard "on duty". He would station a stray soi dog at the gate and go inside to crash on his cot. Dog never flinched while sleeping as cars and mb's drove in and out. :lol:

KHONDAHM
udonmap.com

Post by KHONDAHM » October 25, 2010, 9:31 pm

@Fat
Just yesterday, my brother-in-law stepped out to take his "wife" to the bus station. Gone and back in less than an hour. In that time, a thief broke into where they were staying (a shack where he is staying while working) and made off with a big bag of rice and stupidly tried to sell it away within the same village. Driving around, he found the guy and took him to the village head guy who promptly got the police involved. He's still in the slammer now.

So whatever that is worth...

Ray.Charles
udonmap.com

Post by Ray.Charles » October 26, 2010, 10:30 am

I live in the Hansa estates, about 2 km west from the Ring Road toward Kut Jap. In 2 years, I have known only of one break-in. The man/woman team was caught up with quickly.

fatbas***d
udonmap.com

Post by fatbas***d » November 3, 2010, 4:42 pm

To add to the security woes at Sukasem, the handyman who acted as watching eye for us as, well as doing small jobs and gardening has been banned from baan Sukasem.
His crime was supporting and campaigning for a candidate for the areas headman, of course the candidate, Noi was working for was not the one that Violet supports.

Noi is one of life's gentleman, he looks after quite a few properties in the village as well as acts as security while the owners are away. Hes lost his livelihood and we the resident have lost the services of a hard worker and someone that actually cares and looks after our interests.

Techland
udonmap.com

Post by Techland » November 3, 2010, 5:30 pm

Send that guy over to First Home...

rjb
udonmap.com

Post by rjb » November 5, 2010, 10:43 am

I still see Noi coming and going, don't think Violet can ban him from working here and face the possible wrath of the people he does work for. Yes, he is well liked.
Over the past year there have been more homes purchased and among the purchasers there seems to be an increase in gambling activity, at least that is what we are hearing on the bamboo pipeline. It has been also suggested the burglaries have increased along with the gambling and may be a by product with more outsiders coming in and looking over the houses. There also seems to be more dirty trick rumors such as setting up, esp a foreigner, to do something wrong so he can be extorted for money to avoid the police.

As for security, not defending Violet but she is in business to make money. She has often complained that many of the foreigners and possibly the Thais do not pay her for the security and electric for the street lights etc. I see the security guy make a trip on a bicycle about 2230 each evening, poor practice to have a scheduled routine but then he is just a guy with no training. He mostly seems to be a general cleanup guy more than anything else.
The single most security device is to lock your doors and windows or have strong enough grills to deter a burglar. I have not heard all the stories about the burglaries but the ones I have heard indicate open or unlocked windows.

KHONDAHM
udonmap.com

Post by KHONDAHM » November 5, 2010, 11:40 am

Actually, the most effective deterrent is lighting.

ting_tong
udonmap.com

Post by ting_tong » November 5, 2010, 12:05 pm

I usually meet 1 or 2 guys a month that had everything in their house stolen, their truck got stolen too, worst of all, their land and house was taken ....................................................................................................................by their wife. :oops:

Texpat
udonmap.com

Post by Texpat » November 5, 2010, 10:47 pm

Dang. They stole the land too?
Did the residents float off into the ether?
What a tragedy.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » November 6, 2010, 4:47 am

A friend of mine lives in a soi off Adulyadej. The residents pay the police 200 baht a month for security. In the 5 years that I have known her, there has been no crime of any sort in that area.

bigsnake
udonmap.com

Post by bigsnake » November 7, 2010, 5:16 pm

YES YES YES there is an increase, might be a good idea to invest in a Security Camera(CCTV(BT20000 for four) you might NOT get your stuff back in one piece, but at least there is a 90(+) percent chance) they will catch the rascal. Dogs are great if you are a dogs lover, and can give this TLC,(tender loving care) and don't mind a mess once in awhile. Security Guards <>forget those rascal sleep<>quite after a month or so no your routine and come back and rob you blind.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”