Texpat vs Oz

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
jackspratt
udonmap.com

Texpat vs Oz

Post by jackspratt » December 18, 2010, 3:11 pm

It has become evident from his past few posts that Tex, (in his inimitable fashion, and as he did with previously with the UK members) has started on a course of trolling Australian members of UM.

I responded last night (note to myself - don't post when p1ssed :-# ), but that will be the last time I reply to his Oz-aimed nonsense.

My suggestion to other Aussies would be to read his stuff with the derision it deserves, and move straight on to the next sensible post. =D>

grozza
udonmap.com

Re: Texpat vs Oz

Post by grozza » December 18, 2010, 3:25 pm

bingo,
i can't believe its taken you this long to work it out, he's got no idea how australia operates.

Texpat
udonmap.com

Post by Texpat » December 18, 2010, 3:28 pm

Run-and-hide strategy doesn't address the truths that are, evidently, too painful to bear.

Odd, you never seemed so reluctant to whine and moan and criticize the US for jailing terrorists in Gitmo -- but you simply "don't want to talk about" Christmas Island SuperMax: Gitmo South.

Please jackspratt, please come out and play. Don't run. Don't hide.

It's abundantly clear how Australia operates. But you probably don't want to talk about it, eh? ;)

Texpat
udonmap.com

Post by Texpat » December 18, 2010, 7:16 pm

Oh dear, again?

Tsk, tsk. No sense getting all lathered up about a simple discussion over Christmas Island detention facility, is there?
Golly. So sensitive. Funny how a little critical observation sends some right off into the deep end.

Texpat
udonmap.com

Post by Texpat » December 18, 2010, 7:25 pm

Simmer down Bandung_Dero. Are we forbidden to be critical of a government's policies? I sincerely don't think so. There are volumes on this board critical of many government's policies. Thousands of critical entries about one government alone.

Yet you've become rabid over a just a few critical of your government. Are you really that sensitive? It is a current event. The policies of Christmas Island are relevant. For goodness sakes, DB, I didn't even start the thread.

I suspect you're just trying to wind me up... :D

I have to hand it to you, though, your posts are pretty funny.
Last edited by Texpat on December 18, 2010, 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DermotC
udonmap.com

Post by DermotC » December 18, 2010, 7:29 pm

Lads,

I too have been very upset in the past with people on here. Pleaed calm down.

Bangdung, no point in getting yourself rilled up, Tex is to be taken with a pinch of salt, like myself at times and most of the other posters on here.

DermotC
udonmap.com

Post by DermotC » December 18, 2010, 7:42 pm

P.S. I think the wife must of crushed a xanax in my cornflakes this morning! lol

johnty.
udonmap.com

Post by johnty. » December 18, 2010, 8:13 pm

Calm down people,it's only a forum.I remember in a not too distant thread that somebody commented on t/p beingfrom Texas and t/p said(it's not from Texas),i say IT because:how do you know t/p is real?///How do you know IT is actually a male?,as you all seem to have presumed///how do you know IT is american?///could be British,Australian,PAKISTANI,BANGLADESHI,NIGERIAN,MUSLIM///or even lower in the caste,just let him have his say,then he will go away. :-" :-" :-"

Texpat
udonmap.com

Post by Texpat » December 18, 2010, 8:23 pm

Go away? I don't think so.
Indeed, there is robust, often quite engaging debates and discussion over various countries' policies on this forum.
Why is it different now? Why do you think I would go away?

This is jacksprat's thread, "Texpat v's Oz." I'm not v's anything or anybody. It seems to me some here would like to stifle any political debate unless it's critical of either Thailand or the US.

Why is that? :-k

Oz stood by as 50 little brown refugees drowned before their very eyes. I find that deplorable. Shocking and shameful.
But a few are so despondent over it, they either don't want to talk about it or want to fight anybody who brings it up.

Weird.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » December 18, 2010, 9:13 pm

I would just like to refer everyone back to my OP.

Tex is way ahead at the moment.

Simmer down, and think.

Philip101
udonmap.com

Post by Philip101 » December 19, 2010, 1:13 am

texpat is just so overly critical and negative.

Austrailia didnt watch them drown, they actually sent the coast guard to rescue them, the person holding the camera couldnt of helped atall.

Just because the bottom quater of america mayaswell be called mexico doesnt mean youy have to eb critical about other countrys imigration system.

Its like the british NHS, just because obama is dumb and has chucked in a million things that have nothing to do with healthcare in the bill doesnt mean yoyu have to critisise the NHS. i watched a video on youtube of a 16 year old in america slip of his skateboard and break his leg...a friend shouted out call an ambulance!!! the boy replied 'no, its too expensive'

Britiain has countless problems and so does america get over it

DermotC
udonmap.com

Post by DermotC » December 19, 2010, 1:25 am

Brilliant post Philip, a voice of reason is a sea of dross!

Texpat
udonmap.com

Post by Texpat » December 19, 2010, 3:07 am

Nonsense.

What does any of that have to do with the topic of asylum-seekers drowning in a boat wreck on the shore of Christmas Island? This isn't tit-for-tat. Are you suggesting that because there are illegal Mexicans in the US, I'm somehow obliged to be silent? Yes, I believe that's what you're saying. Hilarious.

Best just run along and hide with jackspratt and Bandung_Dero if you don't want to discuss it.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » December 19, 2010, 6:26 am

Looks like the moderators have taken the fun out of this 'Nonsense' thread!

douglas
udonmap.com

Red Expat vs Oz

Post by douglas » December 19, 2010, 8:19 am

Hi,
texpat is critical about what oz did about refugees, What a hypocrite, if he is from the States. This is a country that asked for other countries help, in Iraq, and ending up killing more British soldiers than the enemy did. And the culprits boasting about it over their radios, the idiots. I invite him to name one major conflict, the U.S. was in by themselves and won. The U.S. is also the last place to run down other countries policies on prisoners. If have you a short memory. I will give you a clue, Cuba, detention camp, and the torture they put prisoners through. My mother told me if you live in a greenhouse do not throw stones. I would advise you to take this advise.

NOLA
udonmap.com

Post by NOLA » December 19, 2010, 8:47 am

Douglas...How about the battle of 1776 Battle at Trenton when the U.S. kicked Britain's arse and again in the1812 Battle of New Orleans.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » December 19, 2010, 9:01 am

Yeah Nola, well, how about when the British, the Canadian militia and the Mohawk Indians destroyed the American invaders at the Battle of Queenston Heights? Or, for that matter, very early in the war, the British led forces to rout the Americans at Detroit?

The American invaders did not win the 1812 war, as their goal was to attach Canada to their country. How about that?

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » December 19, 2010, 9:02 am

My interpretation of JS's OP (Topic title = "Texpat v Oz) was that it was a plea to other Aussies NOT to allow themselves to be baited or drawn in by Texpat's comments on the Christmas Island thread. Maybe therefore he should have posted it on the Noticeboard and asked the Mods to lock it there.

To do otherwise only invited it to become an open argument on anything or anything that can be construed as being vaguely related, or as Dermot put it a "sea of dross", and an off topic one at that!! :roll:

If anyone wishes to debate another topic, please start a suitably entitled new one. ;)

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » December 19, 2010, 9:03 am

Yes, Arjay, but I can't let him get away with his comments about the 1812 War.

Return to “Open Forum”