Udon Thani Immigration Office

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » July 10, 2011, 3:20 pm

They can be used for your driver's, registering vehicles. in your name sitting up utilities. Better go one time to the Tesabon then several times to immigration for letter to do those things.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » July 10, 2011, 3:40 pm

bumper wrote:They can be used for your driver's, registering vehicles. in your name sitting up utilities. Better go one time to the Tesabon then several times to immigration for letter to do those things.
Hi bumper! I'm heading to the main driver's license office outside Udon on the road to BKK on Tuesday to get a 5 year renewal on my auto driver's license and to take a first time test for the motorcycle license; otherwise, I know I could go to the basement of AEK Udon Hospital and renew just the auto license. I'm just wondering if I should risk going all the way there with just my Yellow Book to confirm my address instead of going back to Immigration to get that Form that I had to have the first time by which permission is granted to apply for the driver's license and gives my certifed legitimate address (Also has the little 2 x 2 photo of me)? Have you or anyone else out there had first hand experience with using only the Yellow Book to secure the renewal or a new motorbike license?

Also, I went to the office at AEK yesterday to obtain an English copy of the Motorbike Road Rules so that I could study up for the written test. The girl looked at me like I was crazy. Has anyone seen such a manual, and if so, do they have one in English. Maybe they have something at the main office that one could study over before actually taking the written test. Your comments would be very much appreciated on this matter.

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » July 10, 2011, 3:59 pm

Just a couple of points from my experience. The written test was only selecting the correct visualisation from three for each question,. No reading required. There was a reaction test with flashing lights, but saw numerous candidates try many times but never failed . :lol: The yellow book sufficed instead of the immigration letter. Passport, old D/L and medical certificate from any clinic .Know this won't apply to you, also not at the office you are going but to the one in Nong Bua Lamphoo. last week told a farang from this village, via his wife, to go home and come back when he is dressed more respectfully as this is a government office and that photo on the wall is an individual . The guy told me himself but I didn't think I should ask him what type of shorts he was wearing as it would increase he's obvious anger, but the ones he had on then certainly weren't the worst I have seen . :-"
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 10, 2011, 4:02 pm

semperfiguy wrote: Have you or anyone else out there had first hand experience with using only the Yellow Book to secure the renewal or a new motorbike license?
1 year >>>>> 5 year drivers license.

Yellow book only required for proof of residence (at Nong Han Land Transport Office).

Shorts also acceptable attire (apparently). :D

GENTLEY
udonmap.com

Post by GENTLEY » July 10, 2011, 4:37 pm

Hi, can someone give me some advice in relation to a requirement for a retirement visa extension.

Simply I notice the immigration office require a copy of the House Registration Book. I only rent a home here so do not have a registration book. Can anyone tell me what is likely to be required please?

Thank you in anticipation.

Gentley.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » July 10, 2011, 4:45 pm

GENTLEY wrote:Hi, can someone give me some advice in relation to a requirement for a retirement visa extension.

Simply I notice the immigration office require a copy of the House Registration Book. I only rent a home here so do not have a registration book. Can anyone tell me what is likely to be required please?

Thank you in anticipation.

Gentley.
Gentley, there are several recent threads wherein are the answer to all your questions. Just type in immigration, retirement visa extension, etc. in the search criteria and look for the most recent ones. It's all there without the need for having to readdress the topic. Hope that helps! There is also a brochure that you can pick up from the Immigration Office in Udon that details everything that you will need.

KHONDAHM
udonmap.com

Post by KHONDAHM » July 11, 2011, 4:20 am

wazza wrote:The yellow book is underestimated by u KD. I have just used mine to apply for a mortgage with my company here in thailand and the UOB. Manager says they is the highest u can have in ur profile assessment for approval.
Yup, you're echoing my statement. It pretty much serves only to state where you currently reside is where they can find you now and in the future. Certainly a valued document to have if borrowing money. :)

Gullible2011

Post by Gullible2011 » July 11, 2011, 6:38 pm

Thanks bumber,will do.
bumper wrote:Gullible2011

My suggestion is just go with the flow, go to them and ask them what they want make a list. Don't argue with them, probably the most important. They could be horrible people in the end they own the stamps. It's only once a year

Prenders88
udonmap.com

Post by Prenders88 » July 12, 2011, 10:51 am

The first time I got my 5 year driving licences for motorcycle and car, I took the Yellow Book.
The Thai ID number you're given in the Yellow Book gets transferred on your licences.
Instead of your passport number if you don't have a Yellow Book.

pompui
udonmap.com

Post by pompui » July 12, 2011, 12:30 pm

TW was telling me that Friday 15th and Monday 18th,immigration should be closed,so best do anything emergencywise on Thursday :D

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » July 12, 2011, 3:00 pm

If they are closed on a date you are due to do something on a work day they are close they usually let slide till the next business day. But, that is just past practice, me I would go early

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » July 16, 2011, 4:42 am

Completed my 90 day report on Thursday, in and out within 10 minutes.

Brought all my paperwork (just in case), they only required my passport and filling out one form!!!

Fast and easy!!!

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » July 16, 2011, 5:40 pm

I did mine Thursday as well but as I described on another thread they confirmed that the report can be done by post (EMS) to their office. Do a search to get the details and postal address.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » July 16, 2011, 5:53 pm

Bandung_Dero wrote:I did mine Thursday as well but as I described on another thread they confirmed that the report can be done by post (EMS) to their office. Do a search to get the details and postal address.
Below are the details off the website for the Thai Embassy in Washington, DC, but I am not aware that one could report by post to the Immigration in Udon Thani. Would be nice to know the real scoop on that! Has anyone really confirmed if that is a possibility?

· Foreigner may report to the competent authority by post and should provide the following:
- A report form (Tor Mor 47).
- A copy of passport pages showing the foreigner’s photo, personal details, and the latest arrival visa stamp.
- A copy of the previous receipt of acknowledgement.
- A self-addressed envelope with postage affixed. Such documents must be sent to the Office of the Immigration Bureau, Soi Suan Plu, South Sathorn Road , Sathorn District, Bangkok 10120, and must be submitted 7 days before the end of every 90-day period. A receipt of acknowledgement will be given and should be used for future correspondence.

jimboLV
udonmap.com

Post by jimboLV » July 16, 2011, 6:18 pm

Be careful relying on the Embassy website for Immigration information. They have nothing to do with Immigration and have some wrong information on the website. I posted this earlier in another thread. The Thai Embassy website, as well as that of the Thai Foreign Ministry, says that if you don't have a local Immigration Office nearby you can do your 90 day report at the local Police station. Clearly wrong, as Nong Khai Immigration informed me when I hadn't reported to THEM in 90 days. Best to check with the local office for the straight scoop.

While we're on the subject, I did my 90 day report last week at my local Office (Amnat Charoen). In and out in a few minutes. My wife was with me and the Officer advised that I didn't really need to show up, my wife could just bring my passport along with the signed passport copy and the signed TM 47. It's no problem for me because we live about 2 km from the Office and it's right downtown so we usually have a reason to be in the area. But it could come in handy some day if I'm busy (HA!). Again, check with your local Office, as some of these procedures seem to be discretionary.

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » July 16, 2011, 7:14 pm

semperfiguy wrote:
Bandung_Dero wrote:I did mine Thursday as well but as I described on another thread they confirmed that the report can be done by post (EMS) to their office. Do a search to get the details and postal address.
Below are the details off the website for the Thai Embassy in Washington, DC, but I am not aware that one could report by post to the Immigration in Udon Thani. Would be nice to know the real scoop on that! Has anyone really confirmed if that is a possibility?

· Foreigner may report to the competent authority by post and should provide the following:
- A report form (Tor Mor 47).
- A copy of passport pages showing the foreigner’s photo, personal details, and the latest arrival visa stamp.
- A copy of the previous receipt of acknowledgement.
- A self-addressed envelope with postage affixed. Such documents must be sent to the Office of the Immigration Bureau, Soi Suan Plu, South Sathorn Road , Sathorn District, Bangkok 10120, and must be submitted 7 days before the end of every 90-day period. A receipt of acknowledgement will be given and should be used for future correspondence.
Prior to Udon Immigration opening there were a few board members who relied on the Thai post for their 90 day reports. You can do a search if you really want confirmation.

KHONDAHM
udonmap.com

Post by KHONDAHM » July 17, 2011, 3:21 am

Trust my being legal or illegal and the attending consequences to the Thai post? :shock: Hmmmmm...let me thi- NOPE! [-( =; :confused: [-X

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » July 17, 2011, 6:19 am

KHONDAHM wrote:Trust my being legal or illegal and the attending consequences to the Thai post? :shock: Hmmmmm...let me thi- NOPE! [-( =; :confused: [-X
Oh ye of little faith! First step is to aquire a PO Box at your local post office. Over the 2 + years I used postal 90 day reports to NK never lost a receipt, and over the 7 + years I've had the PO Box only one item has not arrived. Some paperwork sent from Greece for a friend and it could have gone missing anywhere! AND be reminded your EMS receipt is accepted by immigration as proof the report was sent at the required time. Will continue to work for me! =D>

KHONDAHM
udonmap.com

Post by KHONDAHM » July 17, 2011, 8:55 am

Hey, I'm not knocking it. I've just been here too long to believe I'd be as lucky. ;)

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » September 26, 2011, 5:18 pm

- what are the current hours of the AEK Udon immigration office?

- I've got a neice-in-law (dual Thai-Brit) who came back to Thailand about a month ago cause her Dad had a serious stroke. She came in on her Brit passport and needs to extend her 30 day visa since she's providing primary care for her Dad who is now in Nong Han Amphoe hospital. Her Dad is still in critical condition. I've suggested that she get a letter from the hospital and take it to the Immigration office in Aek Udon and ask if it can be extended.. Any comments or suggestions
Dave

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”