Udon Baguettes

Have a question or comment about Shopping in Udon Thani? Post it here!
papaguido
udonmap.com

Udon Baguettes

Post by papaguido » August 4, 2011, 7:07 pm

Sateev wrote:Looks darn good. Let me know when you're free to collect...
That's ok, but thanks anyway. I also recommend the pork and rice soup with mushroom.

leehut
udonmap.com

Udon Baguettes

Post by leehut » August 4, 2011, 8:03 pm

I had some nice Lao baguettes with pate and veg (bread crisped up on a bbq) on Wattana Nuwong Rd (Turn left after the plaza near the Thai Music place. Opposite side to the computer centre. Had a hot baguette last Saturday about 09.00 from the Big C near the airport.

Sateev
udonmap.com

Udon Baguettes

Post by Sateev » August 4, 2011, 8:05 pm

Thanks, Papa. We'll hoist one in your honor. I plan to be there next week.

Sateev
udonmap.com

Udon Baguettes

Post by Sateev » August 5, 2011, 7:41 am

leehut wrote:I had some nice Lao baguettes with pate and veg (bread crisped up on a bbq) on Wattana Nuwong Rd (Turn left after the plaza near the Thai Music place. Opposite side to the computer centre. Had a hot baguette last Saturday about 09.00 from the Big C near the airport.
Wow, those sound great, too.

We buy bread at Carrefour/Big C a couple times a month, but get our baguettes locally, here in Nong Khai. Definitely have to check out the place on Wattana Nuwong...

Thanks for the great suggestions.

Offer's open any time...

Sateev
udonmap.com

Udon Baguettes

Post by Sateev » August 6, 2011, 3:08 pm

Well, I must say, Coffee Pate is great. Mrs. and I went this afternoon.

I had the pork and mushroom soup, and my wife had the pho. We started with a pate sandwich (banh mi), and ended up ordering a second.

The owner was friendly, and the service was top-notch. The place has a nice feel, and was fairly full of customers at around 12:30. Just the kind of place I look for...

Thanks, Papaguido. Great recommendation.

edit: GPS coordinates: N 17.40754 E 102.78902

fatbas***d
udonmap.com

Udon Baguettes

Post by fatbas***d » February 23, 2012, 12:00 pm

bagel. A plain commercially produced bagel (as evidenced by grate marks used in steaming, rather than boiling)
Bagels with cream cheese and lox (cured salmon) are considered a traditional part of American Jewish cuisine (colloquially known as lox and a schmear).

A bagel (also spelled beigel)[1] is a bread product, traditionally shaped by hand into the form of a ring from yeasted wheat dough, roughly hand-sized, which is first boiled for a short time in water and then baked.[2] The result is a dense, chewy, doughy interior with a browned and sometimes crisp exterior. Bagels are often topped with seeds baked on the outer crust, with the traditional ones being poppy or sesame seeds. Some also may have salt sprinkled on their surface, and there are also a number of different dough types such as whole-grain or rye.[2]

A baguette:
A baguette (play /bæˈɡɛt/) is "a long thin loaf of French bread"[1] that is commonly made from basic lean dough (the dough, though not the shape, is defined by French law). It is distinguishable by its length and crisp crust.

A standard baguette has a diameter of about 5 or 6 centimetres (2 or 2⅓ in) and a usual length of about 65 centimetres (26 in), although a

guess which is which?

wiking
udonmap.com

Udon Baguettes

Post by wiking » February 23, 2012, 6:34 pm

where can i buy ???????????????????????????

thalenoi
udonmap.com

Udon Baguettes

Post by thalenoi » February 29, 2012, 4:40 pm

The only place where I found a decent baguette is at TOPS bakery.

Return to “Udon Thani Shopping”