Tesco Shelves Empty

Have a question or comment about Shopping in Udon Thani? Post it here!
Mosquito
udonmap.com

Tesco Shelves Empty

Post by Mosquito » October 26, 2011, 8:19 pm

Visited 2 of the 3 Tesco's today, noticed a lot of the shelves were empty.

No diet coke, no XL Pampers, along with a lot of other stuff missing!!! Guess the flooding in BKK is effecting us in Udon.

Still on the hunt for some swimming suits for the daughter and niece!!!

KHONDAHM
udonmap.com

TESCO SHELVES EMPTY

Post by KHONDAHM » October 26, 2011, 8:48 pm

I was at Ngeesoon and Tesco's. Ngeesoon was restocking - counted 4 forklifts busily moving pallets of goods about. I did not notice any shortages at Tesco's except my Lay's plain potato chips which have been missing from Tesco's for a couple of weeks now.
Enjoy this site much more by adding idiots to your ignore list (Friends & Foes tab).
http:\\www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/ucp.php? ... &mode=foes

BangkokButcher
udonmap.com

TESCO SHELVES EMPTY

Post by BangkokButcher » October 26, 2011, 9:22 pm

There are nearly 10,000 factories currently closed in and around Bangkok (http://www.mcot.net/cfcustom/cache_page/285857.html).

A number of these are suppliers to Tesco/Makro/Big C/Tops etc, on top of that, a lot of Distribution Centres that serve the retailers are located in similar areas, so have either had to close or relocate.

It's going to take some time to recover from the turmoil felt so far imho, and will probably get worse before it gets better, due to the number of businesses currently being threatened by the flood situation.

Prenders88
udonmap.com

TESCO SHELVES EMPTY

Post by Prenders88 » October 27, 2011, 12:39 am

No sympathy from me, why build a factory on flood plain?
Like opening a pork pie shop in Islamabad, you're asking for trouble.
Udon Thani, best seen through your car's rear view mirror.

KHONDAHM
udonmap.com

TESCO SHELVES EMPTY

Post by KHONDAHM » October 27, 2011, 6:00 am

Prenders88 wrote:No sympathy from me, why build a factory on flood plain?
Like opening a pork pie shop in Islamabad, you're asking for trouble.
DING! Or, at least get a survey and elevate the foundation above the potential flood height. All hindsight now, though. Betcha many will press on with the status quo and just attribute it all to 'bad luck'... \:D/
Enjoy this site much more by adding idiots to your ignore list (Friends & Foes tab).
http:\\www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/ucp.php? ... &mode=foes

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

TESCO SHELVES EMPTY

Post by Khun Paul » October 27, 2011, 6:30 am

I just heard that a local garage ( not mine ) asked for a delievery of 10,000 litres they were told 4000 litres only, now either that is because of a sortage or just the supplier ensuring that the really big garages get whatever they want...but keep car etc topped up there could well be shortages for a few weeks, i have had no problems sourcing for my garage but I am sure it will happen in the short term only.

Chriss
udonmap.com

TESCO SHELVES EMPTY

Post by Chriss » October 27, 2011, 7:44 am

Our brand new small Tesco in Kutchap was still well stocked on Tuesday, need to make a visit today to stock up for the weekend, will be interesting to see whats left

Quote Mosquito ""Still on the hunt for some swimming suits for the daughter and niece!!!"" Take a look on eBay.

parrot
udonmap.com

TESCO SHELVES EMPTY

Post by parrot » October 27, 2011, 8:41 am

"why build a factory on flood plain?"

That's the sort of question I ask most every time I go downtown is: why build a subdivision on a flood plain? I'd venture a guess that a good many Udon subdivisions would not qualify for standard flood insurance using US insurance criteria. Yes, since the big flood of 2001, the city has added additional drainage systems around the city....but in the meantime, many of those klongs and flood gates are in disrepair. No one will know if the system really works until the next big flood.......when will that be?

Macca
udonmap.com

TESCO SHELVES EMPTY

Post by Macca » October 27, 2011, 11:12 am

Chriss wrote:Our brand new small Tesco in Kutchap was still well stocked on Tuesday, need to make a visit today to stock up for the weekend, will be interesting to see whats left.
What a difference a couple of days make.
Just back from Tesco, Kutchap and the shelves are certainly starting to thin out now.

Any good frog recipes?

douglas
udonmap.com

Tesco Shelves Empty

Post by douglas » October 27, 2011, 12:32 pm

Hi,
Went to Tescos yesterday. I wanted 4 types of veg. none in. Wanted drinking water, none in. Went to Big C just down the road, towards the airport, from them. Plenty of all kinds of drinking water, and bottles of coke etc. Also they had all of the veg. i wanted, and shelfs were full. What a difference.
Cheers Doug.

parrot
udonmap.com

Tesco Shelves Empty

Post by parrot » October 27, 2011, 3:24 pm

Tesco at UD Town had many bare shelves today.....water, noodle soups, milk, veggies all slim to none.......so I headed up to Makkro where they had full shelves of everything.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Tesco Shelves Empty

Post by fatbob » October 27, 2011, 3:51 pm

All the Tesco stores in Phuket are bare, there warehouses must be in the middle of the floods.

Return to “Udon Thani Shopping”