Online meeting / stories to tell?

Long distance relationships, mixed relationships etc...
rct
udonmap.com

Post by rct » November 10, 2011, 2:44 pm

I know quite a few couples who met online and found bliss. Any heartwarming stories to share?

OK, this below does not involve Thais, though of interest, at least he lived to tell about it:
http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/ ... aukee.html

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » November 11, 2011, 8:54 am

Met my Thai gal 4 years ago on Thailovelinks. Nicest person I have ever met. Absolutely no problems with her or her family. We live in Canada half of the year and the rest in Thailand. She is slim, pretty, kind, gentle, loves to cook, doesn't drink, and is a pleasure to live with. I feel very lucky to have met her. :D

rct
udonmap.com

Online meeting / and stabbed 300 times!!!

Post by rct » November 11, 2011, 2:28 pm

Jai Yen Yen has a nice story to tell.

The one in the link I posted above "stabbed 300 times after online meeting" is also very interesting to read, though I did not want to limit this thread to just that horror story.

Renesmee
udonmap.com

Post by Renesmee » November 13, 2011, 2:11 pm

I used to think that maybe all this online stuff existed because people were becoming more isolating and individualistic and it is an easier way to socialize than in the "real" world. And while that may be true in part, I have another thought. I was thinking about how many times I have moved over the years and I was thinking about how many of my friends have moved away from the towns I lived over the years and I realized that this very mobile, global society we now live in makes it difficult to establish the kind of deep connectivity to one another that really matters.

The world around us is constantly and rapidly changing, including our social world. I look at my dad and how he has lived in the same community his entire life...except for a brief stint away being in the service. And he can't even go to town without knowing someone. And he knows who their relatives are and what their roots are and the land that they own, etc. And I think that that kind of solidity is disappearing. And so maybe that is why we are drawn online. Not that online doesn't involve a constantly changing cyber social world as well, but it is a lot easier to find a new community of friends in cyber world than when you have to start all over again...and again and again in the real world.

So maybe it is actually quite adaptive to have our online buddies. Because sure they can drop out of sight, but even if you move 1000 million miles away physically, online you're only the click of my mouse away! :) that's kind of nice.

30 Stabbed , WOW... what a psycho... and Jai Yen Yen... congratulations.. but well don't wanna be a bitch but some of the relationship ended after a long long long ride without a sign warning. So i'm finger cross that you will do everything in your power to make it work.

So what should we do ? When dating or talking to someone online seems to be the easiest way right now. I mean you don't have to dress up and go out and trying so hard to impress someone. You can just be you and sitting there and hopefully that someone you are talking to is as real as you are( are you? ).

I think we will never know if Cyber world is good or bad. I mean look at some of the WFB in here... they met a nice Thai women but also there are some WFB in here burning up their bank's account thinking they are so smart and thinking that they got their games running... they actually didn't know that right now they are in one of the oldest game Thai ladies ever play...and at the end they will be left alone as WFB with no nursing home or life insurance.

Oh my... i think I've said too much now.. .damn weed... have a great weekend guys... :P

Sarah Applebum
Yes.... You really think this song is about you, don't you? so go on... if you think you are better... Bark.. Bark Louder... maybe whatever came from your mouth might hurt people's feeling but show what kind of human you really are.

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » November 13, 2011, 4:45 pm

Go easy on that weed Girl :-s

Sateev
udonmap.com

Post by Sateev » November 14, 2011, 10:43 am

Renesmee wrote:I used to think that maybe all this online stuff existed because people were becoming more isolating and individualistic and it is an easier way to socialize than in the "real" world. And while that may be true in part, I have another thought. I was thinking about how many times I have moved over the years and I was thinking about how many of my friends have moved away from the towns I lived over the years and I realized that this very mobile, global society we now live in makes it difficult to establish the kind of deep connectivity to one another that really matters.

The world around us is constantly and rapidly changing, including our social world. I look at my dad and how he has lived in the same community his entire life...except for a brief stint away being in the service. And he can't even go to town without knowing someone. And he knows who their relatives are and what their roots are and the land that they own, etc. And I think that that kind of solidity is disappearing. And so maybe that is why we are drawn online. Not that online doesn't involve a constantly changing cyber social world as well, but it is a lot easier to find a new community of friends in cyber world than when you have to start all over again...and again and again in the real world.

So maybe it is actually quite adaptive to have our online buddies. Because sure they can drop out of sight, but even if you move 1000 million miles away physically, online you're only the click of my mouse away! :) that's kind of nice.

30 Stabbed , WOW... what a psycho... and Jai Yen Yen... congratulations.. but well don't wanna be a bitch but some of the relationship ended after a long long long ride without a sign warning. So i'm finger cross that you will do everything in your power to make it work.

So what should we do ? When dating or talking to someone online seems to be the easiest way right now. I mean you don't have to dress up and go out and trying so hard to impress someone. You can just be you and sitting there and hopefully that someone you are talking to is as real as you are( are you? ).

I think we will never know if Cyber world is good or bad. I mean look at some of the WFB in here... they met a nice Thai women but also there are some WFB in here burning up their bank's account thinking they are so smart and thinking that they got their games running... they actually didn't know that right now they are in one of the oldest game Thai ladies ever play...and at the end they will be left alone as WFB with no nursing home or life insurance.

Oh my... i think I've said too much now.. .damn weed... have a great weekend guys... :P

Sarah Applebum
Please explain your use of "WFB", Sarah.

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » November 14, 2011, 10:49 am

Sateev wrote:

Please explain your use of "WFB", Sarah.
I would have thought the possibilities are endless with a little imagination bearing in mind shims sexual inclination :-" :lol:
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

Renesmee
udonmap.com

Post by Renesmee » November 14, 2011, 1:31 pm

don't be paranoid unless you think my WFB is mean western+fat+bald
Yes.... You really think this song is about you, don't you? so go on... if you think you are better... Bark.. Bark Louder... maybe whatever came from your mouth might hurt people's feeling but show what kind of human you really are.

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » November 14, 2011, 5:31 pm

I get it, Simon in Drag :razz:

Renesmee
udonmap.com

Post by Renesmee » November 15, 2011, 2:39 pm

Aardvark wrote:I get it, Simon in Drag :razz:
" that's hot!!" (in Paris Hilton tone)

rct
udonmap.com

Post by rct » November 21, 2011, 12:24 pm

http://www.smh.com.au/technology/techno ... 1nkev.html

Above link to story of ex candidate for Arizona governor ending up homless in Ukraine after internet dating scam. Saw the stroy in The Nation yesterday.

Ironically, at top of the page in Sydney newspaper is a banner ad "Russian Love Match - join free".

cute girl 555+
udonmap.com

Post by cute girl 555+ » November 21, 2011, 8:43 pm

I met a guy who has many girls in Udon. He lied me so much! I even asked his ex gf. She told me he had another girl when he was in a relationship with her also. Just let he be a looser as he wants to.......som nam na!!!! but I hope he won't hurt any girls like me.

lizlemon

Post by lizlemon » November 23, 2011, 2:11 am

i met my fiance about 20 months ago online in a language learning chat room, we are the same age and have alot in common. we corresponded on web routinely and grew quite fond of eachother, we are in our 30's she has a great job in Udon and a great family. i am in Udon 3 times a year and we are making plans to marry and split residence between Canada and Thailand as she has a career she enjoys etc.

one of the most caring persons i have ever met and i am quite lucky to have her, i must say there are many expats in Udon and we run into many at UD Town and the Mall etc, we always find it quite creepy to see the foreigners with a major age discrepency? you know the fat bald guy with a 20 yr old thai woman?

i think every male should excersis some common sense when deciding to get "married" or are they just looking for a short time girlfriend etc?

if your looking to get hood winked and milked it can happen quite easily in certain areas and if you let yourself be the perfect victim...see "fat, bald old guys comment" above.

for some reason some guys make their way to Thailand and get some attention they never would receive in their country and they lose all common sense?

good luck to everyone!

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » November 23, 2011, 12:24 pm

That is quite amazing, You have been to Thailand 5 or 6 times and you know so much about how things are here already. Good luck to you as well.

lizlemon

Post by lizlemon » November 23, 2011, 12:44 pm

thanks Jai

i think you can tell quite quickly on how a woman conducts herself and her family to figure out the type she is, also in Thai decent women are pretty conservative in dressing....the other ones not so much.

many people are not using any common sense.

most of the horror stories IMO are from western men who set themselves up to be perfect victims failing to listen to the numerous wanring signs of a bad thai relationship, many from questionable western backgrounds and failed relationships in the western world.

it's too bad because their are many great thai women looking for respectable men with honest intentions and those are far and few, many are their for short time girlfriends and figure they are now in love.

relationships in thailand are built in many ways just like those in the western world with some pretty interesting cultural bonuses if you are eager to learn and embrace them.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » November 23, 2011, 1:05 pm

lizlemon, I may be wrong, but I think that you have missed your fellow Canadian's delightfully light sense of humor... :D :D

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » November 23, 2011, 3:04 pm

so, the "good girls" in Thailand dress conservatively "i think you can tell quite quickly on how a woman conducts herself and her family to figure out the type she is, also in Thai decent women are pretty conservative in dressing....the other ones not so much." While gadding about in Bangkok at the so very high-so malls (Gaysorn, Peninsula Plaza, Central World, Siam Paragon) those extremely beautiful and obviously wealthy Thai women wearing extremely short "shorts" (the current styles!!)) are not "decent" women??? While they way people dress publicly can be an indicator of their wealth, class etc. I find over the last few years that folks from the ever so "hi-so" classes whom you would assume to be "decent Thai women" do indeed affect shortie shorts, and (shudder) small tattoos!! So, how do you determine who the real "decent" people might be..??? The way people dress does not necessarily indicate where they come from, or how they may be "classed".. My wife is regularly accosted by other Thais who say, "oh, you can't be a meah Farang because you don't dress like a meah Farang.""..
Dave

Frankie 1
udonmap.com

Post by Frankie 1 » November 23, 2011, 7:21 pm

Frazee, "High-So" and "Decent" are two completely different concepts. One may be high-so but not decent, or one may be decent but not high-so.

The way one dresses may be an indicator, but wearing a nice dress doesn't make a person decent. Most of it is in behaviour/body language/attitude. How does she talk, is she polite, does she use the right language to the right people, how is her posture, does she have an attitude? These are all indicators of her sense of decency. If a girl wears shorts (fashionable shorts and not the bargirl type of shorts) or a skirt, you can also see how she behaves and how her attitude and way of speaking is towards others. It's the whole package.

Most Thai people notice these things in an instant (as well as most farang women).

zothman
udonmap.com

Post by zothman » November 25, 2011, 3:52 pm

Sara mentioned that Thai ladies are in one of the oldest game ever play when they burn up our accounts !

I met my wife three years ago out of Thailand where she was working for a company, we married she resigned and returned home , built new home bought a car and I burnt my account to extreme extent......

Her thoughts and believes are changed to mine, we have a one year old son now apart of her own 6 years olds son.

Is that mean I'm part of her game ?

Frankie 1
udonmap.com

Post by Frankie 1 » November 25, 2011, 5:09 pm

zothman wrote:Sara mentioned that Thai ladies are in one of the oldest game ever play when they burn up our accounts !

I met my wife three years ago out of Thailand where she was working for a company, we married she resigned and returned home , built new home bought a car and I burnt my account to extreme extent......

Her thoughts and believes are changed to mine, we have a one year old son now apart of her own 6 years olds son.

Is that mean I'm part of her game ?
I think it depends on why she resigned her job and why you burnt up your account.

If she behaves like a parasite, only spends a lot of money and behaves like a spoilt child, then probably: yes.

If you have a mutual understanding and you support each other and care for each other in many ways, deviding tasks, efforts and energy, then probably: no.

Return to “Relationships”