Relationship with Udon Thani Guy

Long distance relationships, mixed relationships etc...
BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » January 23, 2012, 9:44 pm

semperfiguy wrote: Jesus was accepted by few, despised and rejected by most and the High Priests and many in the Jewish community were terrified of Him because they were afraid that Jesus would upset the status quo and their high standing within the community. It's no different today. If someone walks and talks like Jesus, the world calls them a frightening individual and a lunatic and is ready to nail them to a cross.
Then you are saying that the Church leaders today are as corrupt & out of touch with God's teachings as they were when Jesus was on Earth??
semperfiguy wrote:I'll never forget the words on a billboard sign near my home in Tennessee. It said "DON'T MAKE ME COME DOWN THERE...GOD"!
If true, given the evil that exists in the world & happens every day & goes unpunished I would suggest that it is difficult to imagine just what would actually wake God up for long enough to go anywhere.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » January 23, 2012, 10:14 pm

BobHelm wrote:
semperfiguy wrote: Jesus was accepted by few, despised and rejected by most and the High Priests and many in the Jewish community were terrified of Him because they were afraid that Jesus would upset the status quo and their high standing within the community. It's no different today. If someone walks and talks like Jesus, the world calls them a frightening individual and a lunatic and is ready to nail them to a cross.
Then you are saying that the Church leaders today are as corrupt & out of touch with God's teachings as they were when Jesus was on Earth??

That wasn't exactly my point Bob, but by golly I think you're on to something here. I'd say you're 100% correct if you are referring to a certain specific Church/s which I will not name. That's a topic that I won't be addressing on this forum.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » January 24, 2012, 7:24 am

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
UFF DA!

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » January 24, 2012, 7:26 am

semperfiguy wrote: That's a topic that I won't be addressing on this forum.
Thank god, with a small g, for that anyway.
Semper, don't you realise you are no better or worse than the Thai people with their, what we consider to be , weird obsessions, erecting a house to pacify the spirit whose land they now occupy, tying ribbons round trees to the soul living in them and a thousand other strange happenings.All of which are unusual to say the least in our western eyes.We just laugh generally and accept that it's because they are a simple people who don't know better, but we accept it because it's what they believe , what they have inherited from generations past. Who knows they may even be right. Normally it doesn't annoy us because they don't try and convert us to their belief . We can observe and form our own conclusions from our own free will . You however are apparently from the replies annoying, dare I say even angering, some members who for the most part have their own beliefs, or maybe none, but don't attempt to push them on others on this , a non secular forum. You seem possessed, you would say by your God, some might think the devil. Your mind is so controlled you are unable to answer the simplest question in words of your own but quote from a book said to have been written 2,000 years ago, by whom is not proven, but is open to considerable doubt, in which most of us, not only don't believe, but openly derise. I am not knocking your faith, just simply saying keep it to yourself and those that share it with you. It doesn't belong on the forum .You are one of my favourite contributors on many subjects and I enjoy reading them so don't suggest I make you a forum foe, because then I would miss them. Far simpler for you to keep, what are after all, private thoughts on religion, well private. Or save them for the pulpit. You will get a lot more respect than the ridicule which you are presently generating .
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

rct
udonmap.com

Post by rct » January 24, 2012, 8:03 am

May discussion on this topic get back to and stay on Chan Chop and her Udon Thani Guy?

In other words, suggest those who are so interested in religion, move your debate to another thread.

Dudde
udonmap.com

Post by Dudde » January 24, 2012, 8:34 am

Chan Chop, as you said it's pretty common for the guys to rent a cheap room for a night's party. The guys in our village, ofcourse accompanied by girls do it all the time.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » January 24, 2012, 9:50 am

Yeah those hotels you pay by the hour, they have those handy curtains at the carpark to keep your car clean.

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » January 24, 2012, 10:11 am

coxo wrote:Yeah those hotels you pay by the hour, they have those handy curtains at the carpark to keep your car clean.
Now come on guys, stop baiting or teasing the poor lass. I think we all know what is going on and in her heart so does she, so lets let it rest, we've nearly all been there and got the T shirt. It bloody hurts but did we listen? No. Of course we didn't. You have got as much chance of changing her feelings as you have Semper's . :-"
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

lepidoptra
udonmap.com

Post by lepidoptra » January 24, 2012, 10:20 am

rct wrote:In other words, suggest those who are so interested in religion, move your debate to another thread.
Good suggestion so I've done it but I doubt if it will stop certain members trying to force their beliefs on other members.
[-X

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » January 24, 2012, 11:54 am

Jello wrote:
chanchop wrote:He is also deeply religious and I am not allowed to touch his right hand now, coz he implanted some beads under his arm. It is a very different culture since I am Christian, and he also doesn't quite like me to touch his head.
Is he Buddhist? I've never heard of the beads in the arm thing. Do you know what the religious significance of this is?
If you don't know anything about Buddhism, pick up a book on basic Buddhist beliefs. It will give you some insight into Thai culture and the way they think. A good one is "What the Buddha taught".
My wife said the bead implants are a custom in Cambodia and the Surin Province. Is he from that area?
The implants give the wearer protection, just like the Buddhist tattoos and amulets.

It's a social norm in Thailand that touching someone on the head is considered rude. I'm sure you can find other places to touch him. ;)
8)
UFF DA!

JR
udonmap.com

Post by JR » January 24, 2012, 12:33 pm

TB I do not always agree with you but here I do, completely. Very true words. Back to CC.

lizlemon

Post by lizlemon » February 6, 2012, 7:20 am

where is CC?

great story hope it works out for them!

would love to meet them in Udon.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » February 6, 2012, 9:51 am

Return to “Relationships”