Top Mansion 2 (Pannarai Hotel)

Get advice on hotels, guest houses, rentals and house sales in Udon Thani.
greatsnake
udonmap.com

Post by greatsnake » February 26, 2012, 8:40 am

trubrit wrote:the sight of decrepit old men kissing their "conquests" goodbye in the foyer in the morning, Despite my son being 13 at the time and possibly knowing more than me I found it embarrassing .
trubrit wrote:So without clarification of this I must make my own decision as to its suitability and have come to the conclusion that the general unsavoury, possibly dangerous nature of the area
a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » February 26, 2012, 11:30 am

greatsnake wrote:
a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion
No attempt at trolling my comments were made purely from my own observations. I think to find them as trolling you would either have to run a bar in that area or identify with them .
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

AroyFarang
udonmap.com

Post by AroyFarang » February 26, 2012, 11:50 am

More antagonistic comments from Trubrit, surely thats trolling, no? If its not trolling surely you are just being an idiot then.
I don’t have a problem with God. I have a problem with God’s customer support team.

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » February 26, 2012, 11:51 am

trubrit » February 19, 2012, 11:04 am
You know you guys are so easy to wind up it isn't fun anymore

:-" :-" :-"

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » February 26, 2012, 12:04 pm

trubrit wrote:Don't know if you have stayed there since the re-opening Bob but I can assure you they are strict about unregistered guests going to the rooms . As for morality police. For once your normal common sense seems to have deserted you.
I would consider it is the hotels responsibility to protect its guests from unauthorised persons having access to any where but the purely public area .I certainly sleep better at night knowing the vermin of the night aren't outside my room .Not to do so would be the immoral act in my view .
No I have not stayed there since the re-opening.

My common sense has not deserted me. I am merely taking your original question to the owners of the Pannarai & your subsequent 'reason' for your request to its' logical conclusion.

Your objection was to the quality of the guests.
You do not know if the "decrepit old men" or their "conquests" were registered guests or not.
Indeed you know nothing about them except your prejudices.
Another guest could be equally offended by what his prejudices deduced from seeing a 70 year old man sitting with a 13 year old boy.

Registration cannot alter quality of the guests unless it is accompanied by sort sort of exclusion selection process that stops unsavoury characters registering.....hence Morality Police.

By the way exactly how long ago did you stay at the Top Mansion??

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » February 26, 2012, 1:02 pm

BobHelm wrote:[

No I have not stayed there since the re-opening.

My common sense has not deserted me. I am merely taking your original question to the owners of the Pannarai & your subsequent 'reason' for your request to its' logical conclusion.

Your objection was to the quality of the guests.
You do not know if the "decrepit old men" or their "conquests" were registered guests or not.
Indeed you know nothing about them except your prejudices.

]Your perfectly correct I knew nothing about them But I wasn't commenting on the 'Quality" of them , however you define that, but simply on their behaviour in the public foyer.
Another guest could be equally offended by what his prejudices deduced from seeing a 70 year old man sitting with a 13 year old boy.
Presume you include yourself in that remark otherwise why make it? you might be interested to know that as a family man my wife was also present. So whose prejudiced?

Registration cannot alter quality of the guests unless it is accompanied by sort sort of exclusion selection process that stops unsavoury characters registering.....hence Morality Police.

There's that word quality again. Of course it doesn't guarantee the nature of the registered guest but it does show a purpose or commitment to uphold the standards of the hotel management. Unlike one who hasn't registered whose intent maybe less than legal .Surely you can see the problems security have with stopping someone whose intent is less than clear especially if they are not recorded as being guests of the hotel .Even for the unwitting punter who may have brought them in .In this day and age of bombers, people being drugged and robbed and a multitude of other incidents, it is expected that security will be tightened, especially in hotels .In the Centra they have reached a nice compromise by putting security in nice suits not uniforms, but believe me, its still there .

By the way exactly how long ago did you stay at the Top Mansion??
Not that its relevant but I used to stay there quite regularly in the past, especially after a drinking session in town, but with my family not for a couple of years now but more recently when just accompanied by a male friend .

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » February 26, 2012, 1:10 pm

trubrit wrote: Not that its relevant but I used to stay there quite regularly in the past, especially after a drinking session in town, but with my family not for a couple of years now but more recently when just accompanied by a male friend .
:shock: :-#

greatsnake
udonmap.com

Post by greatsnake » February 26, 2012, 1:14 pm

trubrit wrote: Not that its relevant but I used to stay there quite regularly in the past, especially after a drinking session in town, but with my family not for a couple of years now but more recently when just accompanied by a male friend .
Well, why didn't you say that at the beginning. Now it all makes sense. \:D/

AroyFarang
udonmap.com

Post by AroyFarang » February 26, 2012, 1:24 pm

I think that point has been made now, rather funnily at the end.....so back to the Pannarai......

I was thinking that 1200 for a room and two breakfasts....on that particular street was a bit expensive. Having said that I hope the building of this hotel signals a bit of Urban Renewal for that area. God knows it badly needs it. Just imho that street is a bit of a dive but does have some good places like the clock on it. Now if they'd only burn d&n to the ground we would really be getting somewhere, lol!
I don’t have a problem with God. I have a problem with God’s customer support team.

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » February 26, 2012, 1:26 pm

greatsnake wrote:
Well, why didn't you say that at the beginning. Now it all makes sense. \:D/
Now who is trolling? Yes as surprising as it may be to some apparently I do have friends but fortunately mostly not those on this or the other forum.That's how I like it. As Galee reminded me, its now getting rather tedious . :roll:

AroyFarang
udonmap.com

Post by AroyFarang » February 26, 2012, 1:30 pm

Jesus H Christ will you please give it a rest!!!!! Move on!

patriot
udonmap.com

Post by patriot » February 26, 2012, 4:07 pm

Being an Ubonite now I have stayed at the Top Mansion for the past nine visits. I can not recall seeing a punter with conquest moving through the corridors or lobby loitering at all - well maybe once .. but who cares.

Irrespective of whether the management of the Pannarai charges "corkage" or not, I'm pretty sure it will be my first choice while visiting in the future, one of the main reasons being that "Oo!", the owner, is a genuinely decent human being.

The PANNARAI HOTEL

Post by The PANNARAI HOTEL » March 1, 2012, 10:20 am

Dear all Broad Users,

Thank you very much for all your kind interested discussing about our "The PANNARAI Hotel" contiguously. Regarding our comments previously that we are going to run the opening soon, so a lot of tasks are being done at the moment.
On the other hand, we are not of being through this board often because of the mentioned reasons. Should you have any further inquiries or the room reservation requires you may have, please feel free to contact us directly at [email protected] or visit us at "The PANNARAI Hotel" page on Facebook.

Thank you very much for your all kind participations.

Best regards,

The Management Team
:)

WhoUrDaddy
udonmap.com

Post by WhoUrDaddy » March 1, 2012, 12:04 pm

I for one appreciate TB’s inquiry about unregistered guests, as an issue I would consider if staying or not in a hotel. TB is a know it all, LOL, also appreciated, as information is very useful.

Registered guest would obviously not be a problem, as ID presented at check in, or at least staff is aware they are staying with someone. 79 rooms would be hard to keep track of who is who. Unregistered guest would be a problem, as pointed out, though, if ID checked when entering, and ‘guest fee’ applied, or different room rate, as using facilities and towels along with breakfast, so applicable.

Though starting at 1200 baht a night, should keep most of the undesirable out, but invite opportunist to possible come in, knowing more baht in the hotel to extort. It is sad, that for now, the area is not the most desirable, to be kind. Hopefully, future development, which basically means, Top Mansion, this and other new establishments, and the Irish Clock will survive the rejuvenation of the whole soi. I can’t envision much lasting too much longer. A plus for all of Udon Thani. At that point, 1200 will be the market price. As of now, may seem a bit high, though unaware of facilities, such as pool or spa. Never venturing down that soi.

With NakhaBuri Resort, Presidents, available now, and hopefully Prajacktra will finish their pool, making it a value; I see no reason why anyone would stay in that part of town. So many other establishments popping up, that offer value, it will be a welcomed relief when all is said and done, and Soi Sap is worth a visit. Bulldoze the whole area and start from scratch, as only a few are worthy to warrant escaping the wrecking ball. Then Top Mansion will be able to charge a more respectable rate, with some upgrading, when the area becomes more respectable.

The area between Central Plaza and the Night Markets is overdue for a cleansing. Certain it will be coming soon.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » April 11, 2012, 3:55 pm

It looked very much to me like it was open this morning, or maybe just a celebration to announce that it is just about complete.
The power etc. cables that run past it were at head height yesterday, so at least they are hoisted up a little from that, but still a mess to be honest.
My picture does not really do it justice, I am sorry, it does look a very pleasant place from the outside.
What I took to be the dinning/breakfast room to the left of the main entrance was full this morning at 10 am ish, hence my thoughts that maybe an opening today...
Attachments
Pan.jpg

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » April 11, 2012, 7:06 pm

My Thai/Chinese calendar tells me today is another one of those auspicious days (วันธงไชย wahn tong chai) that astrologers say are when all the right juju is lined up for opening a new business or having a housewarming. Most locals abide by what the calendar tells them is best.

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Post by merchant seaman » April 13, 2012, 4:41 pm

Looks quite nice. Big improvement to the Soi value of property there surely to go up. Will hurt Irish Clock as far as rooms go, what with the pool, lift, parking, and such

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 13, 2012, 6:30 pm

Not a lot of good having car parking there if some idiot has parked his lorry/bus on the soi and caused total gridlock, and so stopping you getting to the car park. If the values go up on the soi you'll have people thinking they can charge B70 for a small Leo =; Oh sorry that's already been tried :-" :-"

CK

Post by CK » April 22, 2012, 11:27 am

it's beautiful and nice swimming pool too

maffko40

Post by maffko40 » May 2, 2012, 1:24 am

dear all !

is @ home at udon and pannarai hotel the same ?

thx

Return to “Udon Thani Accommodation”