Falang Teacher Beaten Up by BTS Guard Over Balloons

This forum is for personal video clips or favourite clips from youtube etc. (Only videos relating to Udon Thani and Thailand please)

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » March 22, 2012, 10:11 am

The video doesn't show what happened at the time of the alleged assault on the teacher, but what it does show is that he clearly became the aggressor, having to be restrained by an equally "interesting" looking friend. :shock:

In fact, the BTS guards look quite timid.

Asiaphile
udonmap.com

Post by Asiaphile » March 22, 2012, 11:41 am

Besides, if he was so adamant to take his balloons with him, why didn't he take a taxi when the guard refused him entry, instead of creating such a big fuss?
Very likely that a taxi would probably be cheaper for 3/4 persons, for that matter. :confused:

pompui
udonmap.com

Post by pompui » March 22, 2012, 12:06 pm

Saw him practically barging his way through the barrier then clearly shows him,as stated,trying to lash out while still holding the balloons,he tried a few kicks also.
Makes me wonder about anger management for him and since clearly a teacher am wondering what he would do if kids were playing around in his classroom,anger management required there also [-X

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » March 22, 2012, 12:23 pm

jackspratt wrote:The video doesn't show what happened at the time of the alleged assault on the teacher, but what it does show is that he clearly became the aggressor, having to be restrained by an equally "interesting" looking friend.

In fact, the BTS guards look quite timid
If I was trying to catch a train with my son and got belted over the head with a lump of wood I would become quite agro also and would want to flatten the pr--k.
Maybe the guard was timid because he knew he f----d up big time, in Andrew Drummonds article its clear the Thais were shocked by his actions, my call is a Thai Farang hater!

Astana
udonmap.com

Post by Astana » March 22, 2012, 2:29 pm

If carrying balloons on the BTS is forbidden then a regulation was broken, however, if a person any person is attacked with a truncheon it is quite clearly assault with a weapon, which is breaking the law.

The circumstances are immaterial until each party has their day in court where a the presiding judge weighs up the situation to provide a verdict.

But will the incident go to court?

If not it illustrates that the rule of law is sadly missing and does not cater for either party.

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » March 22, 2012, 4:12 pm

Pretty poor article by Andrew. Didn't talk to the victim, the security guard or contact BTS to clarify if balloons were forbidden on the train.

Judging just from the video, the falang was the aggressor and needed a good smack in the head. Obviously something happened before the filming, but how aggressive was the falang acting before the security guard whacked him with his stick?

Regardless of the falang being in the right or wrong, how stupid do you have to be after getting hit in the head to come back for more? If he did have any kind of court case against the BTS, this video will blow it for him.
UFF DA!

Astana
udonmap.com

Post by Astana » March 22, 2012, 4:28 pm

I think your right Jello in that 1). a pretty poor article, and 2). judging just from the video. Doesn't really allow the full story of events to emerge, consequently it needs to either go to court or rest in the annals of TIT.

Heaven knows what would have happened if the guy didn't have ticket! If he did have a ticket surely BTS has a duty of care towards its passengers ala customers?

This event doesn't seem to have been reported in the press or tv, nor has BTS provided a statement and that is worrisome whoseever fault the incident was.

Astana
udonmap.com

Post by Astana » March 22, 2012, 4:51 pm

Now each party may get their day in court. But what an itsy bitsy little article which basically explained nothing other than they've filled a complaint.

I just had a look at the BTS website and did not see a link to their rules and regulations, the English section has headers in English but everything else is in Thai and from reading it I didn't see anything pertaining to passenger rules and regulations. Of course it doesn't mean there isn't anything there but I have my doubts that there actually is something.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » March 22, 2012, 4:54 pm

It was front page news in ThaiRath earlier, but now a snippet in the middle of the paper.
http://www.thairath.co.th/content/region/247416

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » March 22, 2012, 5:23 pm

Intersting they showed this on TAN last night at one point the guy clearly kicked a guard. He was refused entry and stepped to the handy cap entrance and came in anyway.

Was the guard right or wrong don't know I wasnlt there. But at laest he didn't do like the guy that was slapped by the Politician.

He was bleeding didn't seem to be slowing him down much.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » March 22, 2012, 5:25 pm

The video is only AFTER he was wacked in the head, hence his displeasure and agitation as shown in the video. The little Thai thug with a big stick should be ashamed, the man was carrying ballons for gods sake, to do that in front of a child and to the childs father is a disgrace and no doubt will cause her great distress. I have seen far to many cowardly acts in this country and I would have flattened him 100%!!!

Asiaphile
udonmap.com

Post by Asiaphile » March 22, 2012, 5:26 pm

Astana wrote:...if a person any person is attacked with a truncheon it is quite clearly assault with a weapon, which is breaking the law...
If that would be the case, why have these guards been equipped with a truncheon?
To use it if need be, methinks. :-k

Astana
udonmap.com

Post by Astana » March 22, 2012, 5:31 pm

Being equipped with a truncheon and using it are two different things, if the guard is equipped with the truncheon with the intent to use it he is going equipped to cause a crime and therefore is in breach of Thai law as he is not a police officer. However, going equipped with a balloon is not.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » March 22, 2012, 5:39 pm

One can reasonably assume that there is official CCTV video of the incident, including what happened prior to the guy trying to force his way through the gates. That (likely) being the case, it is interesting to ponder why (according to the press) the BTS has decided to take action against the guy - perhaps they have the evidence. :-k

I also believe it would be reasonable to assume that if Transit Guards are issued with truncheons, they are also issued with lawful authority to use them.

Asiaphile
udonmap.com

Post by Asiaphile » March 22, 2012, 5:58 pm

jackspratt wrote:I also believe it would be reasonable to assume that if Transit Guards are issued with truncheons, they are also issued with lawful authority to use them.
That's exactly the point that I'm making. If these guys have been provided with truncheons by BTS, and the guard has used his in accordance with the guidelines given to him, then it's the BTS who should be called to order if the law has been broken.
And, again, why is it that the teacher wanted to make the balloons a matter of principle and accept any consequences of his actions? :confused:

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » March 22, 2012, 6:07 pm

Doe's giving someone the authority to use a truncheon make it right or ok, for me no, using discretion in front of a child, no, I can imagine the training a BTS guard would get, not much. I bet there are a lot of members here that have seen drunken policemen with revolvers hanging off there hips late at night drinking, I have seen it many times and it makes me shudder every time. A Thai with a level head, where, cowards and bullys, many.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » March 22, 2012, 6:21 pm

coxo, I would suggest that the father has a far higher duty to use discretion in front of his child than the Transit Guard.

Based on the evidence of the (admittedly incomplete) video, he has failed pretty badly.

Astana
udonmap.com

Post by Astana » March 22, 2012, 6:26 pm

It does not seem so reasonable to assume that if Transit Guards are issued with truncheons, they are also issued with lawful authority to use them, when Managing Director of Bangkok Mass Transit System Plc, Dr. Anat Arbhabhirama said the company is ensuring fairness for both parties while conducting an internal investigation into the guard’s behavior. If the guard is found to be guilty of the assault, he will face disciplinary action.

http://thaifinancialpost.com/2012/03/22 ... ault-case/

Return to “Udon Thani & Thailand Video Clips”