Falang Teacher Beaten Up by BTS Guard Over Balloons

This forum is for personal video clips or favourite clips from youtube etc. (Only videos relating to Udon Thani and Thailand please)
User avatar
fatbob
udonmap.com
Posts: 1975
Joined: July 14, 2009, 7:19 pm

Falang Teacher Beaten Up by BTS Guard Over Balloons

Post by fatbob » March 22, 2012, 6:29 pm

The bloke was wacked over the head with a truncheon for carrying his childs balloons for f---s sake, of course he lost it, who would'nt, he was bleeding from the head because some little prick in a uniform didnt like farangs.



User avatar
fatbob
udonmap.com
Posts: 1975
Joined: July 14, 2009, 7:19 pm

Falang Teacher Beaten Up by BTS Guard Over Balloons

Post by fatbob » March 22, 2012, 6:53 pm

To add to the point I am trying to make read at www.phuketwan.com todays edition under the headline, 'Phuket mother wants policeman punished for hitting her son'. To the BTS incident I am sure witnesses will appear from the woodwork to support the guard, justice in Thailand, I think not. Been hear to long TIT.

User avatar
Astana
udonmap.com
Posts: 1331
Joined: September 8, 2006, 11:50 am

Falang Teacher Beaten Up by BTS Guard Over Balloons

Post by Astana » March 22, 2012, 6:59 pm

Kinda similar to the clippy who got caught clipping a customer.

The Bangkok Mass Transit Authority has fired a ticket seller who attacked a bus passenger in an incident shown on a video clip posted on the internet, BMTA deputy chief Chatkaew Phothongnak said on Monday.

Maj Chatkaew said the woman employee collected the fare from a passenger but had no change. She then went on to collect fares from other passengers.

The short-changed passenger and the ticket seller later got into a heated argument when the passenger asked for her money. They went down the bus to settle the problem, but the situation turned violent, he said.

"The BMTA received the complaint about a month ago, and the BMTA sees it as a serious case that should not have happened.

"I ask people to be confident that the BMTA does not have a policy to protect its employees who infringe on the privacy of passengers," Maj Chatkaew said.

The bus employee who attacked the passenger has been dismissed and is believed to have become a nun, he said

Bangkok Post

User avatar
Asiaphile
udonmap.com
Posts: 483
Joined: August 9, 2008, 4:35 pm

Falang Teacher Beaten Up by BTS Guard Over Balloons

Post by Asiaphile » March 22, 2012, 7:45 pm

coxo wrote:A Thai with a level head, where, cowards and bullys, many.
I suppose you've stopped visiting/living in Thailand, because if I felt about Thailand and its people the way you do I wouldn't even be wasting my time posting on a Thai forum. [-X

User avatar
jackspratt
udonmap.com
Posts: 10601
Joined: July 2, 2006, 5:29 pm

Falang Teacher Beaten Up by BTS Guard Over Balloons

Post by jackspratt » March 22, 2012, 8:11 pm

Astana wrote:It does not seem so reasonable to assume that if Transit Guards are issued with truncheons, they are also issued with lawful authority to use them, when Managing Director of Bangkok Mass Transit System Plc, Dr. Anat Arbhabhirama said the company is ensuring fairness for both parties while conducting an internal investigation into the guard’s behavior. If the guard is found to be guilty of the assault, he will face disciplinary action.

http://thaifinancialpost.com/2012/03/22 ... ault-case/
You seem to be confusing "lawful authority" with acting outside that authority.

As an example, police everywhere have the authority to use their guns. However, such use is governed by rules, guidelines, laws etc, to remain lawful.

My point is that, contrary to what you said in an earlier post, the Guard was likely to be authorised to use his truncheon.

Your later post about the bus clippy is a red herring, and irrelevant to this issue.

User avatar
jackspratt
udonmap.com
Posts: 10601
Joined: July 2, 2006, 5:29 pm

Falang Teacher Beaten Up by BTS Guard Over Balloons

Post by jackspratt » March 22, 2012, 8:20 pm

coxo wrote:The bloke was wacked over the head with a truncheon for carrying his childs balloons for f---s sake, of course he lost it, who would'nt, he was bleeding from the head because some little prick in a uniform didnt like farangs.
Lots of assumptions here - what we do know (based on media reports) is that the guy was apparently whacked in the head.

What we don't know is:

- the reason (does BTS have a policy about carrying balloons?)

- the guy who apparently whacked him was a little prick, and

- didn't like farangs

Perhaps a Bex and a good lie down is called for, until further evidence is forthcoming - including, hopefully, the CCTV of what happened around the time the guy was whacked.

User avatar
Astana
udonmap.com
Posts: 1331
Joined: September 8, 2006, 11:50 am

Falang Teacher Beaten Up by BTS Guard Over Balloons

Post by Astana » March 22, 2012, 8:47 pm

jackspratt wrote:
Astana wrote:It does not seem so reasonable to assume that if Transit Guards are issued with truncheons, they are also issued with lawful authority to use them, when Managing Director of Bangkok Mass Transit System Plc, Dr. Anat Arbhabhirama said the company is ensuring fairness for both parties while conducting an internal investigation into the guard’s behavior. If the guard is found to be guilty of the assault, he will face disciplinary action.

http://thaifinancialpost.com/2012/03/22 ... ault-case/
You seem to be confusing "lawful authority" with acting outside that authority.

As an example, police everywhere have the authority to use their guns. However, such use is governed by rules, guidelines, laws etc, to remain lawful.

My point is that, contrary to what you said in an earlier post, the Guard was likely to be authorised to use his truncheon.

Your later post about the bus clippy is a red herring, and irrelevant to this issue.
I seriously doubt that a transit security guard working for a public company not a government body has the lawful authority to use a truncheon as he has only the same rights as any other private citizen and as the passenger was if found correct breaking a regulation of the company, he surely was not breaking the law of the land and therefore violence to the degree inflicted is in fact an unlawful act commited against him by an employee with a weapon that he possibly should not have had, I am therefore not surprised the Bangkok Mass Transit System Plc is already distancing themselves from guard.

The later post regarding the clippy was in response to Coxo's post regarding the policeman striking the school child but all three incidents are related to fact that the response to incidents and using violence to provide a solution is a blurred area, where working for a non-governmental body dealing with the public seems to imply that employees have some kind of inferred right to use violence over other citizens without being brought to book for a violent crime against the person.

Consequently, I believe that you have confused the issue yourself which is not surprising since the issue is so blurred and contentious, hopefully any ensuing court will provide the answer or not as the case maybe.

thrilled
udonmap.com
Posts: 590
Joined: August 22, 2007, 4:06 am
Location: udon thani
Contact:

Falang Teacher Beaten Up by BTS Guard Over Balloons

Post by thrilled » March 22, 2012, 10:11 pm

We are in A different country.What gives us the right to try and tell the nationals what we can and cannot do.
I think the farang should have swallowed his pride or whatever ya call it and found other transportation.
When A thai official tells ya what to do ya do it.Or risk going to the Bangkok Hilton.

User avatar
fatbob
udonmap.com
Posts: 1975
Joined: July 14, 2009, 7:19 pm

Falang Teacher Beaten Up by BTS Guard Over Balloons

Post by fatbob » March 23, 2012, 7:19 am

Asiaphile wrote: I suppose you've stopped visiting/living in Thailand, because if I felt about Thailand and its people the way you do I wouldn't even be wasting my time posting on a Thai forum.
Yes I live and work here and have done since 1996 and while I make good money this is where I stay, Thai's in uniform are for the most part cowards and bullys, very rare to see a one on one fight, do you keep informed with local news regularly Asiaphile? I have witnessed many many voilent acts here, some horrific, and just about all are totally cowardice acts with people out numbered and bashed beyond belief, read yesterdays Phuketwan, a seniour policeman enters a school and hits a grade four student over the head, the teacher is horrified, takes no action and does'nt even inform the chids parents, thankfully the parents are taking action. Just because I am not Thai does'nt mean I will put my head in the sand and not be aware... of the land of smiles.
thrilled wrote:We are in A different country.What gives us the right to try and tell the nationals what we can and cannot do.
I think the farang should have swallowed his pride or whatever ya call it and found other transportation.
When A thai official tells ya what to do ya do it.Or risk going to the Bangkok Hilton.
So the bloke wants to catch a train home after a childs party with his daughter and gets cracked over the head because he has balloons, so you say dont take the train ride that will take ten minutes, catch a taxi that will take two hours.The big 'Thai Official' as you say is an untrained security worker at a train station, hardly official, I think you know very little about security firms here and there staffing and training procedures.

User avatar
fatbob
udonmap.com
Posts: 1975
Joined: July 14, 2009, 7:19 pm

Falang Teacher Beaten Up by BTS Guard Over Balloons

Post by fatbob » March 23, 2012, 7:32 am

thrilled wrote: by thrilled » March 22, 2012, 10:11 pm
We are in A different country.What gives us the right to try and tell the nationals what we can and cannot do.
I think the farang should have swallowed his pride or whatever ya call it and found other transportation.
When A thai official tells ya what to do ya do it.Or risk going to the Bangkok Hilton.
What gives me the right to comment Thrilled is I pay my TAX here and have done since 1996, I directly employ 95 Thai staff, I have a Thai wife and we have a son who attends school here, that gives me the right to comment about injustice in Thailand as it effects me directly, while the government here takes my money I will comment!

User avatar
harmonyudon
udonmap.com
Posts: 1729
Joined: December 2, 2010, 9:46 pm
Location: Udon-Jakarta-Kupang-The Netherlands

Falang Teacher Beaten Up by BTS Guard Over Balloons

Post by harmonyudon » March 23, 2012, 8:32 am

coxo wrote:What gives me the right to comment Thrilled is I pay my TAX here and have done since 1996, I directly employ 95 Thai staff, I have a Thai wife and we have a son who attends school here, that gives me the right to comment about injustice in Thailand as it effects me directly, while the government here takes my money I will comment!
Coxo,..can you vote here?

Perhaps you can join the Yellow or Redshirt and express your strong opinion.... But read this 1st:
Foreigners are welcome in Thailand. Foreign products, especially luxury goods, are especially welcome, even sought after. Our expertise and knowledge in certain areas we're known to excel at is desired. Of course our money is more welcome than anything. But there's one thing about outsiders that is not welcome in Thailand. Our opinions. Especially our opinions when it comes to Thai affairs. As an outsider, voicing your opinion in Thailand publicly can get you in hot water. This week a couple of Westerners found that out first hand.

http://www.stickmanweekly.com/StickmanB ... Farang.htm

User avatar
Prenders88
udonmap.com
Posts: 3482
Joined: July 7, 2005, 12:51 am
Location: Udon Thani

Falang Teacher Beaten Up by BTS Guard Over Balloons

Post by Prenders88 » March 23, 2012, 9:19 am

How can Coxo be an outsider when he employs 95 people, has a Thai wife, son, lives here, and pays taxes? :-k

Back on topic "Officer Nightstick" has been sacked.
Udon Thani, best seen through your car's rear view mirror.

User avatar
harmonyudon
udonmap.com
Posts: 1729
Joined: December 2, 2010, 9:46 pm
Location: Udon-Jakarta-Kupang-The Netherlands

Falang Teacher Beaten Up by BTS Guard Over Balloons

Post by harmonyudon » March 23, 2012, 9:31 am

Prenders88 wrote:How can Coxo be an outsider when he employs 95 people, has a Thai wife, son, lives here, and pays taxes? :-k
Sounds hard but simple: all farangs,employer or not, are for many Thais outsiders.

User avatar
Asiaphile
udonmap.com
Posts: 483
Joined: August 9, 2008, 4:35 pm

Falang Teacher Beaten Up by BTS Guard Over Balloons

Post by Asiaphile » March 23, 2012, 9:46 am

Prenders88 wrote:How can Coxo be an outsider when he employs 95 people, has a Thai wife, son, lives here, and pays taxes?
All the more reasons not to make these overgeneralizations on a public forum.
I'm sure Mr Coxo would be (justifiably!) outraged if he returned home and his son would be called an unbalanced, cowardly bully by some intolerant redneck for the simple fact that he had Thai blood. [-X

User avatar
jackspratt
udonmap.com
Posts: 10601
Joined: July 2, 2006, 5:29 pm

Falang Teacher Beaten Up by BTS Guard Over Balloons

Post by jackspratt » March 23, 2012, 9:50 am

Prenders88 wrote:
Back on topic "Officer Nightstick" has been sacked.
Link?

User avatar
Prenders88
udonmap.com
Posts: 3482
Joined: July 7, 2005, 12:51 am
Location: Udon Thani

Falang Teacher Beaten Up by BTS Guard Over Balloons

Post by Prenders88 » March 23, 2012, 10:22 am

No link Jack, it was mentioned on the Channel 3 Breakfast Show this morning.
Udon Thani, best seen through your car's rear view mirror.

rct
udonmap.com
Posts: 917
Joined: September 24, 2007, 8:29 am

Falang Teacher Beaten Up by BTS Guard Over Balloons

Post by rct » March 23, 2012, 10:39 am

Seems to be more clarity in the below update, not sure if it is latest news however.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/nationa ... 78547.html

User avatar
jackspratt
udonmap.com
Posts: 10601
Joined: July 2, 2006, 5:29 pm

Falang Teacher Beaten Up by BTS Guard Over Balloons

Post by jackspratt » March 23, 2012, 10:41 am

OK - thanks prenders

In the Nation it just says the guard, and a few others, have been "removed" from the BTS system.

Hopefully the CCTV video will be released soon, and we can get a better idea of what happened to cause all this brouhaha.

bumper
udonmap.com
Posts: 8875
Joined: July 16, 2008, 1:54 pm
Location: London

Falang Teacher Beaten Up by BTS Guard Over Balloons

Post by bumper » March 23, 2012, 12:06 pm

Consequently, I believe that you have confused the issue yourself which is not surprising since the issue is so blurred and contentious, hopefully any ensuing court will provide the answer or not as the case maybe.
This is where the real answer is.

Coxo, you have been here all that time and something like this can upset yuo so much?

As far as how you speak of Thai cops, been here nine years never saw it. But, I don't hang out in bars, so maybe that is the difference. My thoughts overall about Thai Cops they are heck of a lot more patient then I could be. I remember at least two instances now where a group of cops disarmed a guy with a knife. Try that on in the states and you going to get shot. So I'm going to believe what you said is true. But, to throw a blanket over all Thai Cops, I don't believe would hold water.

If that guard was wrong about those ballon's he is in trouble.

User avatar
fatbob
udonmap.com
Posts: 1975
Joined: July 14, 2009, 7:19 pm

Falang Teacher Beaten Up by BTS Guard Over Balloons

Post by fatbob » March 23, 2012, 1:01 pm

I guess Bum-er I feel for the child who had to be subjected to such voilence towards her father, that is what upsets me greatly especially as I have a young son, I know how passionatly I would protect him from a total fool or foolish act. Should I have been in the situation of that teacher and an idiot caused my son grief I say again I would have flattened him or at least tried, just as the teacher did no problem.

So you infer I spend my time hanging in bars and that is where my lifes experience come from living in Thailand, how little you know.

Post Reply

Return to “Udon Thani & Thailand Video Clips”