Best Lumber Yard / Supplier / Mill

Information on building a house, buying poperty and land, and all other general contruction topics...
redwolf
udonmap.com

Post by redwolf » July 14, 2012, 2:52 am

Hi,

I used to do a lot of work on projects around my house, and I also made large scale wood frames for canvasses for a lot of the local artists.

Are there any good lumber yards where prices are well marked along the ring road or within it's confines that also happen to have a small mill or shop that can cut some of the items to spec?

Am just talking ripping & chopping, no routers or jigs, etc. -just so I don't need to buy each bit of equipment for a wood shop.

That'll just trigger it either getting borrowed, injury, or theft, -on a bad day. Plus stuff like that doesn't like to sit idle, -best for every day use.

Just buying and having it cut for transit or fine tuning at the house is good.

RW.

AUT VIAM INVENIAM AUT FACIAM | ARCANA IMPERII | ALIS AQUILAE

Baht Man
udonmap.com

Post by Baht Man » September 19, 2012, 3:15 pm

Heading out of town from big c on the Sakon Nakon hwy.
Don't go on the overpass........ just past the intersection on the left you'll see the lumber yard has swings ect outside.
Down the road a piece maybe 3 km (just past the vet shop) you'll find another with some used lumber as well
The more hair I loose, the more head I get.

redwolf
udonmap.com

Post by redwolf » September 19, 2012, 4:14 pm

Baht Man wrote:Heading out of town from big c on the Sakon Nakon hwy.
Don't go on the overpass........ just past the intersection on the left you'll see the lumber yard has swings ect outside.
Down the road a piece maybe 3 km (just past the vet shop) you'll find another with some used lumber as well
many thanks for that Baht Man, -will defnitely check it out.
AUT VIAM INVENIAM AUT FACIAM | ARCANA IMPERII | ALIS AQUILAE

Panty Hamster
udonmap.com

Post by Panty Hamster » September 19, 2012, 8:39 pm

A bit outside your parameters, but there are several (at least a dozen) old wood barns filled to the rafters on the road between Ban Phu and Tha Bo. It's a few km NW of Udon but worth a look. My limited experience in buying 2m-long hardwood crossmembers for concrete clothesline poles, is that it's very expensive.

WBU ALUM
udonmap.com

Post by WBU ALUM » September 20, 2012, 12:48 pm

On Prajak Road between the Clock Circle and Aduyadhet Road (the unbearably LONG traffic light). On your left just after the Yellow Bank and the Dum Sim food shop, there is a hardware shop that also sells lumber and other building materials. It's very large, and they speak excellent English.

Every time I've been in there, I've been able to find what I want, and they are pleased that I'm there. The owner has even asked me what different items in his store are called in English, and he makes a note of it in the event that other foreigners come in and inquire.

Prices are always reasonable. If I have rejected some item based on price, he has brought out another that is less expensive that does the same thing.

Give it a shot.

Return to “House & Land”