nice place to stay in Vientiane

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
Alanthebuilder
udonmap.com

Post by Alanthebuilder » September 13, 2012, 5:54 am

nice place to stay in Vientiane .
Im heading over there next month for three nightc has anyone got any suggestions on where to stay --1500 to 2500 a night ISH ? :D

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » September 13, 2012, 7:53 am

There is a real nice hotel 4 or 5 star on river, but very expensive ($100+ USD). Stayed there 5 or 6 years back on Visa run, but dam if I remember its name. Found it after hotel I was going to stay, maybe a 3 star, quoted me a price a lot higher than web site. Thinking $60 USD. It kinda pissed me off enough to say ---- the price, just want something nice.

Along river your phone will still work.

Sorry not much help.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » September 13, 2012, 9:44 am

if the large one right on the river bank, it was probably the Don Chan Palace.. It is aruably the top flight hotel there and you'll pay accordingly.. However, there are numerous other quality and modern hotels throughout the city and along the river.. Google Vientiane hotels and there are many links, here's one with 65 higher end places http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g2939 ... otels.html Oh, I'm sure that if you actually make reservations you can arrange a hotel vehicle to pick you up at the Lao side of the bridge.
Dave

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » September 13, 2012, 12:29 pm

Yes, that was the name.
Don Chan Palace

BigBubba
udonmap.com

Post by BigBubba » September 13, 2012, 12:32 pm

Centrally located, across the steet from day market, new facility: http://www.lanexang-princesshotel.com/ It looks like prices have increased since we stayed here (now about $60/day). Very nice french restaurant 1 block away. Highly recommend.
Every day I wake up is a good day.

Lao-miner
udonmap.com

Post by Lao-miner » September 13, 2012, 1:37 pm

Theyve closed the don chan palace for renovations prior to the summit , but another one thats central and reasonably priced is the Lao orchid at about $50 if youve your own transport a bit further out near the lao itec is the Vansana for about $30 with pool and nice garden

Alanthebuilder
udonmap.com

Post by Alanthebuilder » September 13, 2012, 3:38 pm

Thanks guys we would like a hotel in the center if poss .
Are there tons of hotels there to pick up on spec ?

BIGAL
udonmap.com

Post by BIGAL » September 13, 2012, 11:05 pm

We are regular visitors, Riverine Guest House is perfectly situated on the main river front and cost between baht 1200-1850 night for a double room en suit.
I will send you a pm of a reliable transport operator that meets you at the Thai Border post and takes you thru to meet the minivan for the trip to Vientienne! Enjoy!

Alanthebuilder
udonmap.com

Post by Alanthebuilder » September 14, 2012, 6:21 am

BIGAL wrote:We are regular visitors, Riverine Guest House is perfectly situated on the main river front and cost between baht 1200-1850 night for a double room en suit.
I will send you a pm of a reliable transport operator that meets you at the Thai Border post and takes you thru to meet the minivan for the trip to Vientienne! Enjoy!
Thanks mate ...

Alanthebuilder
udonmap.com

Post by Alanthebuilder » September 14, 2012, 6:31 am

BIGAL
udonmap.com

Post by BIGAL » September 15, 2012, 9:26 pm

Yes that is the one, nice spot, and they have a good spa as well, enjoy!

rufus
udonmap.com

Post by rufus » September 16, 2012, 9:55 am

FrazeeDK wrote:if the large one right on the river bank, it was probably the Don Chan Palace.. It is aruably the top flight hotel there and you'll pay accordingly.. However, there are numerous other quality and modern hotels throughout the city and along the river.. Google Vientiane hotels and there are many links, here's one with 65 higher end places http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g2939 ... otels.html Oh, I'm sure that if you actually make reservations you can arrange a hotel vehicle to pick you up at the Lao side of the bridge.
Don Chan Palace is definitely not the top flight hotell
Lao Orchid is nice - about $50.00 pn. A bit cheaper - $25 pn is the Souphaphone guesthouse. Chanthapnya is central and has a pool

Alanthebuilder
udonmap.com

Post by Alanthebuilder » September 20, 2012, 5:35 am

BIGAL wrote:We are regular visitors, Riverine Guest House is perfectly situated on the main river front and cost between baht 1200-1850 night for a double room en suit.
http://www.lvcitylaos.com/index.html Do you mean this place mate ?

Return to “Travel & Transport”