home cable

General Udon Thani topics only!
martynsnowman
udonmap.com

home cable

Post by martynsnowman » March 2, 2013, 8:59 am

home cable has just lost its ITV granada chanel ( chanel 80 ) so no more , miss marple , dancing on ice or corry street .the mrs says its time to move back to the u.k , and i thought the exchange rate would make me move back ............. :mad:

Prenders88
udonmap.com

home cable

Post by Prenders88 » March 2, 2013, 9:16 am

No more Doc Martin, ITV Asia has been replaced by Thrill.

Having a flick through the channels, there seems to be a few minor changes.
Udon Thani, best seen through your car's rear view mirror.

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

home cable

Post by pienmash » March 2, 2013, 9:18 am

martynsnowman wrote:home cable has just lost its ITV granada chanel ( chanel 80 ) so no more , miss marple , dancing on ice or corry street .the mrs says its time to move back to the u.k , and i thought the exchange rate would make me move back ............. :mad:
I hope your pulling my leg Snowy ,, Coronation St , Emmerdale , and my fav Coach trip ........ im devastated as the current transvestite story line in Cora is brilliant ,, Emmerdale full of top class flange ,, and Coach trip is just coming to the series finnale .... a very sad day indeed .

Prenders88
udonmap.com

home cable

Post by Prenders88 » March 2, 2013, 9:22 am

Coach trip is classic, very funny watching all the bickering and the comments when the red and Yellow cards are dished out.

tomboy
udonmap.com

home cable

Post by tomboy » March 2, 2013, 10:04 am

Home Cable to go Digital within the next couple of months.Each household will be issued with a new box.There will be 120 channels for view and the cost increase will be 49 baht per week.At this stage they are unable to let us know the choice of channels but hope that ITV Granada will be back.This information was given to me this morning as I spoke directly with the Manager of Home Cable.

tomboy
udonmap.com

home cable

Post by tomboy » March 2, 2013, 10:19 am

Correction!
Home Cable cost increase for Digital will be 49 baht per Month and not per week.

GARYZX6R
udonmap.com

home cable

Post by GARYZX6R » March 2, 2013, 10:32 am

tomboy wrote:Home Cable to go Digital within the next couple of months.Each household will be issued with a new box.There will be 120 channels for view d the cost increase will be 49 baht per week.At this stage they are unable to let us know the choice of channels but hope that ITV Granada will be back.This information was given to me this morning as I spoke directly with the Manager of Home Cable.
Hopefully the picture quality will improve then as its pretty crap .

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

home cable

Post by pienmash » March 2, 2013, 11:15 am

I am now toying with the idea of telling the cable company to buggar off , one tv at CC is already True so might as ell have it on em all ,,, cable can be a sh*te picture and to just drop channels willy nilly isnt really cricket IMO .....especially when its the best English speaking one ,, fed up of the crap football commentary as well

Prenders88
udonmap.com

home cable

Post by Prenders88 » March 2, 2013, 3:27 pm

I think the upgrade to cable digital TV will offer other features such as movies-on-demand and TV show recording/playback services plus the EPL, which CTH have the rights from 2014. I hope ITV Asia is included in the 120 channels.

Zidane
udonmap.com

home cable

Post by Zidane » March 2, 2013, 4:20 pm

I'm missing my daily fix of Corry.....also Doc Martin to make me laugh.....what with the exchange rate sinking every day and now this.....2013 is proving a bad year so far. :(
Hopefully,it wont be too long before Granada and the Pound Sterling are back.....probably more chance of Granada.
Coronation Street cast.jpg
Doc Martin.jpg
Roxanne Pallett Emmerdale.jpg
Roxanne Pallett Emmerdale.jpg (21.73 KiB) Viewed 2497 times
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

home cable

Post by pienmash » March 2, 2013, 5:49 pm

Im well pissed off with this cable mob ,, lets integrate expats into society as much as poss ,,, my arse ,,, then knock off the ITV Granada the best in my op ,,, digital or not this Thrill channel is bollox ,,, i would have prefered Al Jezzeera or Albania top chef cooking channel .... who ever made this decision should be stripped and beaten with large carrots or chained to the back of a police truck and dragged thru the streets .

mash .......... aint a happy bunny

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

home cable

Post by pienmash » March 2, 2013, 5:58 pm

I forgot .... tried to ring the UC number 042 344444 ..... waste of time , does anyone know the location of their office so i can go express my opinion regarding the removal of ITV Granada... i will be calm , relaxed ,,, the perfect gent as always .

mash

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

home cable

Post by merchant seaman » March 2, 2013, 6:02 pm

When living in Scotland I was a loyal fan of Faulty Towers. One of my favorite characters was Manuel. Always wondered what happened to him. Then I discovered he was making pies for Chern Chims.

kennyguk
udonmap.com

home cable

Post by kennyguk » March 2, 2013, 6:11 pm

Worst case scenario, if you have a UK VPN connection you can always connect to ITV player and watch a stream :pirate:

Funnily enough I did see Martin Clunes as I was leaving the country a couple of months ago, in front of me in the immigration queue at Swampy. It was definitely him.... I'd know those ears anywhere! He was on the same flight as me, quickly lost him though as he was heading for 1st class, me Economy.

martynsnowman
udonmap.com

home cable

Post by martynsnowman » March 2, 2013, 7:00 pm

pienmash wrote:I forgot .... tried to ring the UC number 042 344444 ..... waste of time , does anyone know the location of their office so i can go express my opinion regarding the removal of ITV Granada... i will be calm , relaxed ,,, the perfect gent as always .

mash
thinks can only get worse jon if the whole country turns muslim and they ban pork sausage and bacon ... its been
a bad week all around ...... :evil:

Svein66
udonmap.com

home cable

Post by Svein66 » March 2, 2013, 9:38 pm

Prenders88 wrote:I think the upgrade to cable digital TV will offer other features such as movies-on-demand and TV show recording/playback services plus the EPL, which CTH have the rights from 2014.
They have the EPL-rights from August 2013.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

home cable

Post by BobHelm » March 2, 2013, 9:42 pm

Excuse my ignorance...
Who are CTH ????

Svein66
udonmap.com

home cable

Post by Svein66 » March 2, 2013, 10:00 pm

BobHelm wrote:Excuse my ignorance...
Who are CTH ????
Cable Thai Holding...

http://www.cth.co.th/

Prenders88
udonmap.com

home cable

Post by Prenders88 » March 2, 2013, 10:20 pm

Clicked on the link to CTH, where a pages shows all 120 channels, ITV Asia aint there, I think its gone for good. :(

CTH will get their investment back for the EPL, with the pay per view options.
Last edited by Prenders88 on March 2, 2013, 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

home cable

Post by BobHelm » March 2, 2013, 10:20 pm

Wow thanks for the link Svein.

So are these the 120 channels that tomboy mentioned, or is that a mere coincidence number, does anyone know..

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”