Udon Thani Immigration Office

General Udon Thani topics only!
parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » March 23, 2013, 12:07 am

So........back to the original op's concern about Udon Immigration.........I don't see (hear) any change in the way things are run.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 24, 2013, 12:32 pm

Anyone know if they will issue a WP against an O-A visa?

Sometimes I have short-term consultancy work come up in Thailand. I have a Non-O (marriage/extension) in one passport but usually exit and re-enter on the other passport that has a Non-B so that the WP can be issued. If I get a O-A, I wonder if it can be used in support of a WP. I know that some jurisdictions will issue a WP on the Non-O visa but at least one of my Bangkok clients have been told by whatever immigration and/or labour department they deal with that if the Non-O has been issued against marriage, it cannot be used for a WP.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 24, 2013, 12:38 pm

parrot wrote:So........back to the original op's concern about Udon Immigration.........I don't see (hear) any change in the way things are run.
The guy who is the subject of the OP has gone to Laos and got the new visa as requested by Udon immigration and is due to report with them tomorrow to see how he progresses with getting his extension based on marriage.

He says he will update the original thread (on TV forum) accordingly. Good luck to him and his wife. My opinion is he was randomly selected to get the runaround. We know that there's no specific criteria for getting good or bad service from any government office and he just lucked out on the last merry-go-round.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » March 24, 2013, 12:40 pm

tamada wrote:Anyone know if they will issue a WP against an O-A visa?
Very doubtful, given the basis of the O-A is "retirement".

harmonyudon
udonmap.com

Post by harmonyudon » March 24, 2013, 12:49 pm

permit me to make a joke:
If I am IO-officer and I see the avatars of Jack & Tamada perhaps I will ask all the necessary documents or let them go LAOS......
Don't be a loser, don't comment on others if u haven't achieved a thing.
Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.

Tafia
udonmap.com

Post by Tafia » March 24, 2013, 7:07 pm

jackspratt wrote:
tamada wrote:Anyone know if they will issue a WP against an O-A visa?
Very doubtful, given the basis of the O-A is "retirement".
and the basis is....taken from the Thai Embassy website

"Non-Immigrant Visa Category “O-A” (Long Stay)
This type of visa may be issued to applicants aged 50 years and over who wish to stay in Thailand for an extended period without the intention of working.

Holder of this type of visa is allowed to stay in Thailand for 1 year. Employment of any kind is strictly prohibited".

Firfox
udonmap.com

Post by Firfox » March 24, 2013, 9:12 pm

Hi Jackspratt

In regards to your question.

You cannot get a WP against a retirement visa.

However, you can get a work permit if you meet all the requirements (especially the organisation employing you) if you hold a Non immigration 'O' type visa. I know this for a fact for this is what I currently possess.

Andy

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » March 25, 2013, 6:55 am

Back in the days when I worked here 'work permits' were only issued to Non Immigrant "B" (Business) visas.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

LilRed
udonmap.com

Post by LilRed » March 27, 2013, 9:08 am

Went in yesterday for my 90 day report on my retirement visa (permission to stay...).

In and out in 14 minutes.

Pretty good performance on Immigration's part, I think.

welshwizard
udonmap.com

Post by welshwizard » March 27, 2013, 6:02 pm

I have a life outside udon map so do not read this to often so a bit late replying,

Mr JACKSPRATT which bit of my post was foul mouthed ? Do you live in the real world ? Are you just another sanctimonious old git that infests this forum .
I called her a bitch. She tried to steal 500bahts of me .if i did not pay her i would have to leave the country and my wife and son and she did not care a bit.For 10 f*******g pounds she was going to throw me out of my house( now i am foul mouthed ) She did this twice to me .Do not forget corruption is stealing .; I think a bitch is a bit to polite for her but okay for this forum.
I have heard people called a lot worse for a lot less . I am a polite person but someone who hates injustice to myself and others.
" If you want to be treated monkeys and jump through the hoops for people who are who are so corrupt ,have no compassion , no ethics and look at you as their inferiors " Can anyone except the imm o retired brigade tell me any of this is not true ?
Rick i was not ill mannered . I am always polite with a smile on my face same as anyone going to imm.

Jello . I am not sure yet but prob philippines . Not perfect but i have a friend there who has a resort and i go there for a few weeks every year. I know i can get a long visa for philippines . I never get hassled walking down the street and pay the same as anyone in the shops Everyone speals english and the tv is a lot better.
ww

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » March 27, 2013, 6:11 pm

well let us say it like this , as immigration makes up their different rules for the same people , i understand some can be frustrated by this ...TIT.... ;)

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Post by mortiboy » March 27, 2013, 6:37 pm

[quote="welshwizard"]I have a life outside udon map so do not read this to often so a bit late replying,

Mr JACKSPRATT which bit of my post was foul mouthed ? Do you live in the real world ? Are you just another sanctimonious old git that infests this forum .
I called her a bitch. She tried to steal 500bahts of me .if i did not pay her i would have to leave the country and my wife and son and she did not care a bit.For 10 f*******g pounds she was going to throw me out of my house( now i am foul mouthed ) She did this twice to me .Do not forget corruption is stealing .; I think a bitch is a bit to polite for her but okay for this forum.
I have heard people called a lot worse for a lot less . I am a polite person but someone who hates injustice to myself and others.
" If you want to be treated monkeys and jump through the hoops for people who are who are so corrupt ,have no compassion , no ethics and look at you as their inferiors " Can anyone except the imm o retired brigade tell me any of this is not true ?
Rick i was not ill mannered . I am always polite with a smile on my face same as anyone going to imm.

Jello . I am not sure yet but prob philippines . Not perfect but i have a friend there who has a resort and i go there for a few weeks every year. I know i can get a long visa for philippines . I never get hassled walking down the street and pay the same as anyone in the shops Everyone speals english and the tv is a lot better.
ww[/quote]
I have to agree, Every time I enter the IMM Office It reeks of corruption. In previous post, I Stated about This woman Levered 500 baht from me.
I had lost my Departure card (Last year also never had but was not a problem) I was applying for an Visa extension
She said she can get me one for 500 baht. it was not necessary anyway!
When you enter Thailand at Laos border,there is whole bunch of cards there to take for free.I returned later as requested, and she handed me the dep card. The entry on the card had been wiped out with correction white.
Ok, I was cleared for my Visa, but i thought she might have done it for "Good heart" Leaving me to Tip her at my discretion.
I get the feeling this particular woman is always trying for a few Bucks.
Yes Pal I too would like to have retied Phil. as now, They reconize UK NH, and pension increases
unfortunately now not enough funds, and too old to move on.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » March 27, 2013, 7:48 pm

welshwizard wrote:I have a life outside udon map so do not read this to often so a bit late replying,

Hmmm ...... foul-mouthed rant, Mk11.

I think my earlier response to udonfox applies equally to you:
In the real world there is little point in being offensive - yes, bitch, used in the way you and welshwizard have, is offensive to most right thinking people - to people who have a degree of power over your future. As you seem to have discovered. :?

howard
udonmap.com

Post by howard » March 27, 2013, 9:44 pm

jackspratt wrote:
welshwizard wrote:I have a life outside udon map so do not read this to often so a bit late replying,

Hmmm ...... foul-mouthed rant, Mk11.

I think my earlier response to udonfox applies equally to you:
In the real world there is little point in being offensive - yes, bitch, used in the way you and welshwizard have, is offensive to most right thinking people - to people who have a degree of power over your future. As you seem to have discovered. :?
As a newbie but also spent many years in LOS I certainly can empathize Jacks Point of view. We all have certain standards in life. What behaviour or language is acceptable to one person may not be another. Personal insults such as'
sanctimonious old git who infest this forum'
IMO serve no purpose but to discredit the writer. Why does he have to
refer to 10 f*****g pounds and not just 10 pounds?
I took the liberty of looking at Mr Welshman's previous posts. He certainly doesn't appear to have the quality of a Wizard. The majority of his posts contain criticism of something or someone. He refers to himself as being polite ( I think the jury's out on that one )
Anyway enough said and I won't be expecting a Christmas card from our fellow member Mr Welshwizard

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Post by mortiboy » March 27, 2013, 10:44 pm

Call her what you like. But the fact remains .............. She's got you by the short and curlys Pal TIT!

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » March 28, 2013, 1:00 am

Welshwizard,

I didn't criticise you, i was actually being supportive. I said 'He doesn't need to be ill mannered, just unlucky.' This was saying that it is not necessary to be impolite to get bad treatment, just unlucky to get the wrong person.

There are enough hoops to jump through already, and it is dangerous to be dependent on the goodwill of immigration by needing extensions, this makes you a target for 'squeeze'. I understand your situation because mine is not very different - i would like a retirement visa but cannot afford it, so have to use an alternative. going back to uk each year is an expense, but allows me to get a low hassle visa.

WBU ALUM
udonmap.com

Post by WBU ALUM » March 28, 2013, 1:54 am

There is always a price to pay when one pushes the envelope with a Thai "authority." If one needs them more than they need you, then it would be wise to do what is necessary to remain or suffer their consequences. They can do whatever they wish. One in need cannot.

welshwizard
udonmap.com

Post by welshwizard » March 28, 2013, 1:50 pm

Sorry rick i see now but it makes my blood boil when i see someone say they have had a problem with udon imm have replies like , "he must have been rude" ,"he must have been dirty" ,'' He must have been wearing shorts or flip flops" , "he must have been bad mannered" , " He must have had the wrong paperwork" i have read all these obscene replies on this forum and all by imm o retired persons. You now the ones , they come to thailand , live in the city and use the forum to ask where to buy a loaf of bread, beefburger, zip, milk and believe it or not where can i buy a motorcycle!!!??? Retired with nothing to do all day but cannot find their own food.They are to dim to understand that imm welcomes them with open arms which is why they say " I was there for 10 mins got my stamp and left . lovely people " The rest of us are fair game .
the last time i went with my wife the imm bitch made a new rule saying i was only allowed 1 60 day extension a year and would not give me a visa . I only got a visa because i complained at nong khai who told me there was no such rule ,phoned her and told her to give me a visa. Why did she do that ?
What would you say i do wbu alum . She never gave me a choice just made a new rule and said now leave the country !
Just a new pain at the laos imm on the bridge. I was there a few weeks ago and the guy in front of me had his $50 note. returned saying it was to old . i laughed at that then gave him my $35 in change and he gave ne 3 $1 dollar notes back and said they were to old. Looked in good nick to me and just got them from the bank. Had to got to the exchange where they exchanged for free. The notes they gave me looked the same but were excepted the second time . They did this to a lot of people. Don`t know if it was a one off or it will be regular. Never had a note refused anywhere in the world for being to old so i assume it was just another make the monkey jump through the hoops again
ww

GARYZX6R
udonmap.com

Post by GARYZX6R » March 28, 2013, 1:56 pm

WW, have you thought about getting your visa at Savannakhet ? Sounds to good to be true. No messing with Udon Immigration then \:D/

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 28, 2013, 2:15 pm

Got my re-entry permit at Udon Immigration yesterday morning. Busy as all buggery, new faces as well as old faces doing new jobs and the furniture has been rearranged but I was in-and-out in less than 1 hour.

Nobody asked for a tip either.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”