LIST OF REFERENCES; CONTRACTORS

Information on building a house, buying poperty and land, and all other general contruction topics...
Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » January 29, 2013, 10:06 am

Thanks very much Dingo.

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » January 29, 2013, 3:17 pm

A quick response from V N One.

Met them this afternoon. Prices seem to have gone up. Agreed on 12K for a two year contract on a 200sq mtr house.
They are coming on Thursday to fit all the pipes, which fits in nicely with the concrete floor panels being fitted a couple of days later.

Dingo
udonmap.com

Post by Dingo » January 29, 2013, 4:45 pm

Ahhhh,
Galee, we already our pipes in and the house was finished, so just a matter of inspection and solution in the pipes.
Maybe that's why the price difference, the cost and installation of the pipes?
Anyway, glad you're under control :D

Dingo

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » March 7, 2013, 2:04 pm

Anyone have a phone number of a plumber. Need to fix a couple of pipe leaks in a bathroom and kitchen. Thanks.

Mobaan
udonmap.com

Post by Mobaan » April 9, 2013, 7:22 pm

I am looking for a contractor who can PROPERLY build a house with adobe bricks (the red bricks we can see mostly at the garden centers ).
Our house was build with this material and we are very pleased . Now we want to add another house on the property using the same bricks .
It is not as easy as one may believe ,one has to be working very acurat . I know from personal experience when I build a smaller structure like this last year myself. This future job is too large for me to tackle myself.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » April 9, 2013, 10:29 pm

Sent pm with info

tuni

Post by tuni » June 30, 2013, 12:02 pm

I'm looking for a good painter and decorator, carpenter and someone who is good with cement and brickwork. Contact details would be appreciated, thanks.

broon97
udonmap.com

Post by broon97 » October 21, 2013, 11:18 am

We are looking for a good quality carpenter/cabinet maker to build some storage etc for bedrooms and dressing room.
Any ideas?

richardlg
udonmap.com

Post by richardlg » February 10, 2014, 5:07 pm

Can anyone help with a draftsman in the Udon area? I know what I want to build and have sketches etc but would really prefer to have a draftsman draw up some proper working plans.
If no draftsman I'll probably have to look at an architect.
Any help appreciated.

Ray.Charles
udonmap.com

Post by Ray.Charles » February 10, 2014, 6:05 pm

Yesterday, I sent you a PM in response of yours to me. I consider myself lucky to have the team that is working on our building.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Udon Thani recommended-on my short list

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 4, 2015, 10:43 am

Recently had probs with a thermal pos bill printer so went on the hunt to get it fixed .......tried 3 locations the third of which was Cyber Care on Wattanapong Rd near the Karin Hotel ..the guy didnt do Thermal printers but did sell and repair all other kinds a very nice fella who pointed me to another shop called SW Electronics even drew me a map ..

Located 287 Phosri rd near the big Toshiba sign a very small shop ran a a lovely lady with 2 technicians working from there checked the printer replaced a port and said 100 bt please ...........i said thank you , bearing in mind an Epson thermal is around 7k now i was pleased with both the outcome and the shops service ,,, they do repair ALL ELECTRICAL ITEMS from TVs to Toasters so give em a try if some goes wrong.

The guy from Cyber care also knows his onions when it comes to just printers .

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Kiwidad3
udonmap.com

Post by Kiwidad3 » April 17, 2016, 6:55 pm

Looking for a gas fitter to do a job in Nong Bua Lumphu. Run a gas line into the kitchen.

Cheers

ajarnudon
udonmap.com

Re: LIST OF REFERENCES; CONTRACTORS

Post by ajarnudon » November 21, 2016, 8:13 pm

Well, this thread certainly died a natural death without even a whimper. Very regrettable from the viewpoint of those like myself who will soon be commencing a build. There are several members who have finished projects in the last 12-18 months (or less) who have a wealth of information on this topic. I know because I have been keenly reading your build posts. I guess once your own project is over, you kinda lose interest in the subject. Be a sport and give those about to start the benefit of your experience. And those who are building (or about to), get the ball rolling by asking some specifics. Let me kickoff. I want to start on a 80 metre retaining wall (3 sides) in about 10 days, and use the experience as a test run to see if the guys handle it well enough to do the concrete foundations, pillars, beams and slabs for the house. If anyone can help with this, please reply here or PM me. Thanks (hopefully) in advance, John

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » November 22, 2016, 9:40 am

ajarnudon wrote:Well, this thread certainly died a natural death without even a whimper. Very regrettable from the viewpoint of those like myself who will soon be commencing a build. There are several members who have finished projects in the last 12-18 months (or less) who have a wealth of information on this topic. I know because I have been keenly reading your build posts. I guess once your own project is over, you kinda lose interest in the subject. Be a sport and give those about to start the benefit of your experience. And those who are building (or about to), get the ball rolling by asking some specifics. Let me kickoff. I want to start on a 80 metre retaining wall (3 sides) in about 10 days, and use the experience as a test run to see if the guys handle it well enough to do the concrete foundations, pillars, beams and slabs for the house. If anyone can help with this, please reply here or PM me. Thanks (hopefully) in advance, John
PM sent

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » November 22, 2016, 7:07 pm

ajarnudon, sounds like that teacher website..
anyways mine was the 600,000bt build on here....great experience, been in one year today..actually got our man back to do a shade roof..

some guys can do a retaining wall, but couldnt do a house, or read plans..my man, and the other four teams in our village all went overseas to learn the trade, then came back and started as builders.. luckily my man is a perfectionist, its got to have harmony according to him...however his workers can be the problem, sloppy joes some of them, dont give a rats, the rice harvest comes first..you can loose them for awhile...another is spiritual, what the ancient people say, can decide some matters...for instance I wanted to put in three pillars to support my new shade roof, and had it all sorted, but no my man wouldnt do it, the pillars have to be directly opposite the others, not out of syn..but that meant a pillar in the middle of the garage opening, sorry the ancient people say not good for house if put where you want...came to harmonic solution, leave it out and put an RSJ to the next pillar...sorted....ajarn, little things like this crop up, find a builder who will discuss matters, and can think outside the square...have a look at the last house they built...

ajarnudon
udonmap.com

Post by ajarnudon » November 23, 2016, 4:21 pm

Thanks for the responses guys. I have read a lot of your build Maaka, and I am aware of the type of problems you speak of. And of rice farmers who become part time builders to make a quid on the side. About 12 months a new cottage started springing up opposite the M-i-L's place in the village (a local owner-builder). The roof had just gone on and, being inquisitive, I walked over the road to have a look. When I came back I asked the missus if the guy was a farmer. I picked it in one, and told her to make sure that he doesn't come anywhere near our place when we start to build. I am prepared for downtime at Songkran, harvest time, new year etc. and can accommodate that.

Barney, I have read all of your build over the past few weeks, following it with interest. My small block (732 sq m) is in the village of Ban Thueam (hwy 2021), probably only 15 kms as the crow flies, and 15-20 mins by road. Hi, neighbour. I have a permanently rented house in Udon, but work in Nonthaburi (yes, a teacher Maaka). I will be back in Udon for the first two (long) weekends in December. Barney, have read your PM and would like to catch up sooner rather than later. Although I have been an Udonmap member for five years, I have only just started posting, and with only 8 posts to my name, I can't respond by PM. By the way, how many posts do I need to be able to PM? Barney, if you could send me an email to johnmounsey at mail2web.com I would like to make contact and arrange a visit.

fhorst
udonmap.com

Post by fhorst » March 26, 2018, 11:40 am

Like many farrang I like to get a house build.. but how to find a good contractor!!!

I live about 15 km from Phen, towards Laos.
The people I found till now..(local farmers who think they can build) . no good at all!

Budget is depending on quality.. max 1.5, 2 million
That is including the "extra" expenses..

About 8 x 12 meters, 2 floors.
No shade... isolation must be good..

I can not PM. Don't know why.. (already sent an email to udonmap.com)

All real help would be fantastic!

Regards,

Frank (from Holland!)
If it can't be done, it never happened..

Made in MT
udonmap.com

Post by Made in MT » May 14, 2018, 7:14 am

My Thai wife and I just bought 2 ngan on land in Ban Koh, about 15km north of Udon Thani on highway 2021. We're trying to locate a local contractor to excavate the property. Mostly just removing tree stumps and clearing / leveling the site for building. We'll probably need some fill dirt as well. Can anyone recommend someone who does good work and reasonably priced?

peterk
udonmap.com

Post by peterk » December 26, 2021, 12:26 pm

Hi everyone and happy everything!
Does anyone have direct experience with Udon-based 'ModernDE House'? They are home builders.

peterk
udonmap.com

Post by peterk » January 3, 2022, 1:09 pm

ajarnudon wrote:
November 21, 2016, 8:13 pm
Well, this thread certainly died a natural death without even a whimper. Very regrettable from the viewpoint of those like myself who will soon be commencing a build. There are several members who have finished projects in the last 12-18 months (or less) who have a wealth of information on this topic. I know because I have been keenly reading your build posts. I guess once your own project is over, you kinda lose interest in the subject. Be a sport and give those about to start the benefit of your experience. And those who are building (or about to), get the ball rolling by asking some specifics. Let me kickoff. I want to start on a 80 metre retaining wall (3 sides) in about 10 days, and use the experience as a test run to see if the guys handle it well enough to do the concrete foundations, pillars, beams and slabs for the house. If anyone can help with this, please reply here or PM me. Thanks (hopefully) in advance, John
Hi. How did you go finding a quality builder? We are also planning a build around Phibunrak (40kms East). Keen to find a reliable and trustworthy builder.

Regards
Peter

Return to “House & Land”