Red light tickets are now 400 baht

General Udon Thani topics only!
bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » May 29, 2013, 12:23 pm

Based on personal experience yesterday and I did run the light. I did get issued a ticket, so nothing under the table. I just hope they don't start sharing this information with insurance companies, or the motor vehicle department. Things could get real expensive if they do.

I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

WBU ALUM
udonmap.com

Post by WBU ALUM » May 29, 2013, 2:19 pm

Also heard yesterday that the police were doing helmet checkpoints after 5pm and into dusk. Everyone seems to think that there won't be a no-helmet fine at certain times of the evening/day. Wrong. That could be changing.

No worry for me. I always wear a helmet. 8)

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » May 29, 2013, 5:28 pm

good should make it 1000bht for both offences

Jed
udonmap.com

Post by Jed » May 29, 2013, 5:59 pm

I agree, especially for red light runners.

I sit there in amazement at times as the cars just keep on coming after the light has changed.

The Thai "chain turn" is also interesting, where you tailgate the car in front of you who's turning against traffic, thereby forming a seemingly inviolable chain. Hmmm.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » May 29, 2013, 6:53 pm

Jed wrote:I agree, especially for red light runners.

I sit there in amazement at times as the cars just keep on coming after the light has changed.

The Thai "chain turn" is also interesting, where you tailgate the car in front of you who's turning against traffic, thereby forming a seemingly inviolable chain. Hmmm.
I would agree just missed it. No complaints from me, just one of those days. :oops:

This was at Lotus light it's timed right just didn't see it. actually my view was blocked be a truck. Try explaining that One :lol: On the other hand the one at Global allows two seconds from yellow to red. Better a ticket then getting rear ended. But, this one was fair and square. Helmet I don't need them to tell me about that one

JR
udonmap.com

Post by JR » May 29, 2013, 8:54 pm

The Thai Traffic Law states the fine for driving through a red light to 1000B so it is already here.

rickfarang
udonmap.com

Post by rickfarang » May 29, 2013, 9:52 pm

JR wrote:The Thai Traffic Law states the fine for driving through a red light to 1000B so it is already here.
So..you got a discount!

martynsnowman
udonmap.com

Post by martynsnowman » May 29, 2013, 10:30 pm

you should be stripped and flogged , maybe from that strange guy from churn chim ......he likes leather .....

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » May 30, 2013, 7:26 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by pienmash » May 30, 2013, 7:36 am

martynsnowman wrote:you should be stripped and flogged , maybe from that strange guy from churn chim ......he likes leather .....
Being as i got a mention ,,,,(thanks snowy for letting our secret out)....its pvc actually not leather

i personally think the penalties for red light jumpers should be considerably higher , from my experience idiots here dont just dash thru on amber or close to a light change they go thru wel after the red light is on ... endangering all around ,,, IF I WAS A THAI POLICE MAN ,, i would nab every buggar i could and really make them have a bad day ,,,, 1,000 first time rising by 1,000 every time they are caught .

Jr does call it correct the actual fine in the law is already a max fine of 1,000 for red light jumpers ,,, tho its been 200/400 when out n about ... another grey area as its down to the officers descretion .

Repeat Red light jumpers should be sent to live in Grimsby ,,,,,,and forced to drink Archa with ice to add more flavour

mash

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » May 30, 2013, 7:52 am

Actually the only purpose in posting this was so people knew and didn't think they would getting double charged. I know what you guys are talking about, is accurate. That being said mistakes happen. So maybe cainning isn't called for. An intentional act does deserve a heavier fine. But if you miss it by a second or two. Not a national crime wave.

I made a mistake and had no problem with the fine. Did nothing intentionally. If a 1,000 was a standard fine I would have no problem with that either if I was wrong.

I wouldn't be so quick to condemn, unless of course you have never violated a traffic law.

Personally I don't just go when it's green I wait to make sure the intersection is clear.

A truck for example with all that weight, simply can not stop in time. Other jerks run them on purpose.

gudtymchuk
udonmap.com

Post by gudtymchuk » May 30, 2013, 8:15 am

bumper wrote: A truck for example with all that weight, simply can not stop in time. Other jerks run them on purpose.
Actually a truck which is safely maintained and safely driven within legal weight limits with properly timed traffic signal sequencing can stop easily enough under normal driving circumstances. But, as we know, many of the above are really not a requirement to travel Thai highways and roads. Just like "buyer beware, it's also motorist beware.
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 30, 2013, 1:06 pm

gudtymchuk wrote:
bumper wrote: A truck for example with all that weight, simply can not stop in time. Other jerks run them on purpose.
Actually a truck which is safely maintained and safely driven within legal weight limits with properly timed traffic signal sequencing can stop easily enough under normal driving circumstances. But, as we know, many of the above are really not a requirement to travel Thai highways and roads. Just like "buyer beware, it's also motorist beware.
There's no concept of the 'tired' green light as far as truckers and buses are concerned. In the UK, one is educated that a light that has been visibly green for some time is due to change and you either lift your foot of the gas or shift down in anticipation. Truckies here, when they know that they will probably have to stop, change down so they get more RPM, flash the lights, lay on the horn and blast through regardless of the light. Having said that, I was almost nailed by a pickup that chose to use the filter lane (his far left turn ONLY lane) to plow straight ahead, well after the light had gone green for me and I was half way across his bow. He got an earful from me!

As pointed out earlier, the green light means bugger all here. One needs to do a quick 180 (or 360) and make sure the intersection is clear (and going to remain clear) while executing your legal turn.

JR
udonmap.com

Post by JR » May 30, 2013, 3:08 pm

pienmash wrote:
martynsnowman wrote:you should be stripped and flogged , maybe from that strange guy from churn chim ......he likes leather .....
Being as i got a mention ,,,,(thanks snowy for letting our secret out)....its pvc actually not leather

i personally think the penalties for red light jumpers should be considerably higher , from my experience idiots here dont just dash thru on amber or close to a light change they go thru wel after the red light is on ... endangering all around ,,, IF I WAS A THAI POLICE MAN ,, i would nab every buggar i could and really make them have a bad day ,,,, 1,000 first time rising by 1,000 every time they are caught .

Jr does call it correct the actual fine in the law is already a max fine of 1,000 for red light jumpers ,,, tho its been 200/400 when out n about ... another grey area as its down to the officers descretion .

Repeat Red light jumpers should be sent to live in Grimsby ,,,,,,and forced to drink Archa with ice to add more flavour

mash
Living in Grimsby? How about Newcastle?
Personal issue Mash, I did not know either that you were into pvc. I must remember not to invite you home when we have our pvc windows. It might get embarrassing. Maybe I should settle for just inviting Dao. :-)

banpaeng
udonmap.com

Post by banpaeng » June 6, 2013, 3:06 am

bumper wrote:Based on personal experience yesterday and I did run the light. I did get issued a ticket, so nothing under the table. I just hope they don't start sharing this information with insurance companies, or the motor vehicle department. Things could get real expensive if they do.
Your slipping. :-" When you were teaching me to ride, you said to be even careful on green, don't go on red or yellow.

LOL

Good luck and be careful

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » June 6, 2013, 8:46 am

That was the problem I was in the car :lol: :lol: :lol:

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » June 6, 2013, 11:24 am

ohhhhh..that kind of red light....
thought they were handing out tickets there for a moment...

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » June 6, 2013, 12:52 pm

Hmmm!!!!!!!!!!! wonder if I can get a uniform I would be rich in no time :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”