PAPPAGALLO PIZZA (Sponsor)

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
redwolf
udonmap.com

PAPPAGALLO PIZZA (Sponsor) [New Chef]

Post by redwolf » June 26, 2013, 12:19 am

I've been by here for some pasta a few times now, and had some pizza with my wife, -the new owner and chef are great!

If there's one word to describe the food: AUTHENTIC!

I had the pesto pasta two different times (it was that good!), gnochi 4 cheese, 4 cheese pizza, and several appetizers, e.g. homemade sausages, meatballs, pancetta. The flavor was delicious, home cooked style.

Looks like Udon finally has some excellent Italian food, with quality service & relaxed atmosphere.

Will be back soon!

AUT VIAM INVENIAM AUT FACIAM | ARCANA IMPERII | ALIS AQUILAE

brese
udonmap.com

Post by brese » June 28, 2013, 11:42 pm

Thanks for your review my friend, wait for you again :-)

Today, we enjoined with Paella.
Attachments
IMG_2377 copia.jpg
IMG_2376 copia.jpg

thalenoi
udonmap.com

Post by thalenoi » July 1, 2013, 6:55 am

We drove to Udon yesterday (sunday) to have a good italian meal for lunch and choose pappagallo.
With our usual luck we found the door closed although a sign on the door mentioned Open. I dared shaking the door and a Thai lady with a baby in her hands opened the door, to tell us No Pizza today, seems the farang owner was not around.

I found the place very uninviting and hesitating between Two Hearts and Little Italian I opted for the last one where we had a good meal of spaghetti arabiata, lasagne, pizza funghi and tiramisu. Still disappointed having to look for an other place.

I hate driving in the dark and we have a 2 year young baby, thus evening trips to Udon are not on the planning, thus no x for us.
Seems finding an open restaurant for lunch is not easy, especially on a Sunday...

brese
udonmap.com

Post by brese » July 1, 2013, 11:09 am

We thank you for be your first choice and apologize for the inconvenience.

We forget to turn the sign for the "open" mention on the door.

We was close for lunch, but tried the same to give our hospitality.

Is in evidence we couldn't.

I'm happy you had your good italian meal in Little Italian, at least important is palate is satisfact.

We also have a baby one years old, we thinked you understood we tried to do our best.

I consider Your review very precious.

Thanks.

Sakhonnick
udonmap.com

Post by Sakhonnick » July 1, 2013, 11:56 am

In my opinion you are either open or closed, if you have open and closed times stick to them, unless it's an emergency then it can be accepted

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » July 1, 2013, 8:17 pm

Brese, I have heard so many good things about your restaurant from the members of Udonmap. I checked out your Facebook page and your place looked very inviting. My wife and I invited another couple to your place for lunch this past Friday. We arrived at 12:30 and observed a sign on your door that said "Open" and "Air-Conditioned". Upon entering we saw that the lights were off, the fans were on, the place was hot and smelled very musty and there were no other customers. A Thai lady appeared from behind the curtain in the rear. We asked if she had air-conditioning and she answered "no have", but we saw one on the rear wall. The four of us looked at each other somewhat let down and disgusted, and we quickly exited and went to Santa Fe in the new Landmark Plaza. I certainly don't mean to be critical, but I think a little constructive feedback from the public may help you to get things in order there. First impressions mean everything to the successful operation of a restaurant, and we were certainly not impressed. Sorry!
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

brese
udonmap.com

Post by brese » July 1, 2013, 9:56 pm

Of course I accept all feedback, positive or not.
But it is the way in which the feedback is written to make difference in the reader (without any reference to your review)
However, I renew my apologies for the inconvenience.
My personal life, should not be an excuse, so I will not try to explain anything.
I just want to note that it is not possible, that my wife has said "no" about the air conditioning.
Certainly a big misunderstanding that has happened with the English language.

If you and the users' thalenoi "decide to come back, please, let me know about the hardships of those days.-

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » July 2, 2013, 6:43 am

brese wrote:Of course I accept all feedback, positive or not.
But it is the way in which the feedback is written to make difference in the reader (without any reference to your review)
However, I renew my apologies for the inconvenience.
My personal life, should not be an excuse, so I will not try to explain anything.
I just want to note that it is not possible, that my wife has said "no" about the air conditioning.
Certainly a big misunderstanding that has happened with the English language.

If you and the users' thalenoi "decide to come back, please, let me know about the hardships of those days.-
Sorry Brese, but I just questioned my wife again about the conversation. I spoke with your wife in English and my wife then spoke in Thai. My wife just confirmed that she was told that you don't use the air-conditioner. Maybe just a big misunderstanding in both Thai and English! Perhaps you should consider just turning on the air at 11 when you open and when the customer walks in from the heat he/she will be pleasantly relieved by the cool air and wish to stay instead of retreat back to the heat outside. Again, initial impressions make all the difference in the world. Walking into a hot musty restaurant and waiting for the A/C to be turned on afterwards is not the way to go. At least that's not to my liking and I'm sure I speak for many other farangs who are looking for a respite from the heat while eating.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

brese
udonmap.com

Post by brese » July 2, 2013, 2:48 pm

leaving the polemic to who have time for that (6.43AM), talking about food..

have a good day to everybody
Attachments
IMG_2412 (1).jpg
IMG_2411 (1).jpg

brese
udonmap.com

Post by brese » July 4, 2013, 11:21 pm

Here a simple spaghetti at fresh pomodoro. Very tasty :mrgreen:
Attachments
IMG_2425.jpg

brese
udonmap.com

Post by brese » July 5, 2013, 4:14 pm

Pizza with a REAL FRESH mozzarella.

330 thb.
Attachments
IMG_2428.jpg

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » July 5, 2013, 6:16 pm

Posting a photo of a nice pizza like that at 4 o'clock in the afternoon is akin to water torture.
Can you please post your operating hours/days.....I'd like to sample the pizza some time next week.
Thanks

Jed
udonmap.com

Post by Jed » July 5, 2013, 6:34 pm

Looks like 11 - 11 and looks like I'll need to visit next week also ... :

http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/p ... pg#p279019

brese
udonmap.com

Post by brese » July 5, 2013, 8:48 pm

parrot wrote:Posting a photo of a nice pizza like that at 4 o'clock in the afternoon is akin to water torture.
Can you please post your operating hours/days.....I'd like to sample the pizza some time next week.
Thanks
Jed wrote:Looks like 11 - 11 and looks like I'll need to visit next week
Actually operating time is sun - sat from 11 to 11.

Please, to avoid unpleasant surprises (ex. out for delivery or something else), I suggest to have a call first: 0830754855.

Hope to make your acquaintance soon :D

redwolf
udonmap.com

Post by redwolf » July 5, 2013, 9:53 pm

@parrot, -I had a nice one of these this week. my wife and I chose to have "half cheese/garlic" & "half red sauce & cheese".

Took a 4 cheese gnochi "to go" for home consumption. happy days....

RW
AUT VIAM INVENIAM AUT FACIAM | ARCANA IMPERII | ALIS AQUILAE

brese
udonmap.com

Post by brese » July 5, 2013, 11:23 pm

brese wrote:Pizza with a REAL FRESH mozzarella.

330 thb.

An explenation:
price of this pizza is up because is made with real fresh mozzarella cheese imported from Italy.

This is an example of fresh mozzarella, ham and mushroom at promotional price of 350 thb
Attachments
IMG_2429.jpg
IMG_2431 (1).jpg

brese
udonmap.com

Post by brese » July 6, 2013, 1:06 pm

Tomorrow we'll open for dining time at 18.00.

brese
udonmap.com

Post by brese » July 8, 2013, 2:14 pm

Sorry, Pappagallo is temporary close.
Walter and Pak thank all the customer and hope can reopen soon in a new location.

hippo
udonmap.com

Post by hippo » July 8, 2013, 10:34 pm

brese wrote:Sorry, Pappagallo is temporary close.
Walter and Pak thank all the customer and hope can reopen soon in a new location.
No why :( !!!!!!!

:(

brese
udonmap.com

Post by brese » July 11, 2013, 12:51 pm

We had a problem about location.
We are so sorry for that.
We thank all customer and friend from udonmap

Return to “Udon Thani Restaurants”