Hey mister can I have mi ball back 2013/14 season

General sports news and discussions.
Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » July 19, 2013, 10:07 am

This topic is for the supporters of the smaller clubs like Cheltenham,Macclesfield,Scunthorpe,Eastbourne Borough,Everton etc,so not for the bigger clubs Chelsea,City,United,Arsenal,Spurs,Liverpool etc.....but anyone is welcome to post a comment about their local team.

Both Scunthorpe and Cheltenham have been busy pre-season making several signings as they prepare for the start of the League 2 season.
Even this week Scunthorpe have signed Etienne Esajas(the name of the player,not a football team) from Swindon Town and who used to play under manager Brian Laws at Sheffield Wednesday.
Cheltenham have signed ex player Ashley Vincent fom Port Vale,Terry Gornell from Rochdale and Craig Barrett-Brown from Macclesfield Town in the past few days.
In the Conference,Macclesfield have lost many of their southern based players after reporting a loss of 550k GBP last season and may be satisfied with just surviving in the Conference this season.
Eastbourne Borough play their first pre-season friendly away at Totton tomorrow as they prepare for their campaign in the Conference South.
Everton have a new manager this season in Roberto Martinez and he has already made some astute signings that has many people believing that they will be play off contenders in the Championship in a couple of seasons.

Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by pienmash » July 19, 2013, 10:16 am

Great to see grass roots football be represented on UM ,,, theres more to life than Man U and Chelsea etc ,,, i for one will always be claret n blue all way thru ...
Quietly confident that Scunny can gain promotion this season ,, basically a new squad so Laws has no one else to blame if it goes tits up ...

Up the Iron

mash

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by pienmash » July 19, 2013, 9:18 pm

Mods .... please can you let statto and 747 know that being Emerton and Newcastile followers they should really be posting on this thread rather than the other footy one.

thanks mash

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » July 19, 2013, 9:32 pm

Mashed, Sorry I don't want to post with " The Riff-Raff "

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by pienmash » July 19, 2013, 9:39 pm

747man wrote:Mashed, Sorry I don't want to post with " The Riff-Raff "
Statts is not riff raff ..hes a decent fella ................... for a mackem !!!!

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » July 19, 2013, 9:56 pm

Nah !! I Meant Scunny Riff-Raff......

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » July 20, 2013, 1:43 pm

Everton have already played a couple of pre-season friendlies......last weekend they were narrowly beaten 2-1 by crack Austrian outfit,Austria Vienna,but bounced back in midweek with a comfortable 4-1 win over their northern rivals,Accrington Stanley.
Today sees another tough test for the Blues with an away fixture at Blackburn Rovers.
Accrington Stanley v Everton.jpg

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 20, 2013, 1:57 pm

pienmash wrote:Mods .... please can you let statto and 747 know that being Emerton and Newcastile followers they should really be posting on this thread rather than the other footy one.

thanks mash
Oh, so THIS is where I'm supposed to be posting the SCUMderland transfer jokes is it :-"

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 22, 2013, 12:53 pm

From Yahoo sport ...... it's about the "lesser known teams" Bournemouth and some Spanish team not Man U/Chelski/Arsenal/Man C

Fans had queued overnight for tickets to see the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo take to the pitch at their modest club's 12,000-capacity Goldsands Stadium and they were not disappointed as new Real manager Carlo Ancelotti named a strong lineup.

Ronaldo, the world's most expensive player after his £80 million move to Real from Manchester United in 2009, opened the scoring on 21 minutes with a free kick, adding another goal on 40 before Sami Khedira made it three on 43.

Substitute Gonzalo Higuain got his name on the scoresheet in the 47th, while winger Angel Di Maria netted the fifth on 68 minutes and Brazilian midfielder Casemiro scored from close range eight minutes from time to finish the rout.

The hammering did not matter to Bournemouth fans, who having shelled out £60 a ticket - well over double the price of a seat for a league game - were keen to savour the spectacle.

They applauded the skills of their big-name visitors in a match, arranged through mutual contacts, that was part of the south coast club's celebration for winning promotion to the Championship last season.

While the memories of the day Real Madrid came to town will be treasured for many years, it will be back to reality for Bournemouth on August 3 when they kick off their league campaign at home to Charlton Athletic.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 22, 2013, 9:38 pm

Scunthorpe sign "free agent" striker Deon Burton on a one year contract

Mash's gran recommended him after remembering watching him play when she was a skoolgirl

Burton was quoted as saying he jumped (well staggered really) at the chance as the iron were willing to pay 3 pound fifty pence over his state pension every month

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by pienmash » July 22, 2013, 9:45 pm

stattointhailand wrote:Scunthorpe sign "free agent" striker Deon Burton on a one year contract

Mash's gran recommended him after remembering watching him play when she was a skoolgirl

Burton was quoted as saying he jumped (well staggered really) at the chance as the iron were willing to pay 3 pound fifty pence over his state pension every month
Ho Ho Ho laffed so much i just shat misen Statts ,,,, i think you will find Burton will be a great signing assisting with the gardening and trophy cleaning at the club ... my grans fed up of buffing all the silverware on her own ...

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 23, 2013, 5:09 pm

One for the Udon Branch of the Derby County fan club,,,,,

From Skysports:-

Derby are set to complete the signing of John Eustace this week. The 33-year-old former Watford midfielder, who had a loan spell at Pride Park in 2009, has verbally agreed the deal.

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by pienmash » July 23, 2013, 6:16 pm

stattointhailand wrote:One for the Udon Branch of the Derby County fan club,,,,,

From Skysports:-

Derby are set to complete the signing of John Eustace this week. The 33-year-old former Watford midfielder, who had a loan spell at Pride Park in 2009, has verbally agreed the deal.
Only Udon Ram i know is camps .....

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 23, 2013, 7:00 pm

Blimey ...... even transfer news for Tony and the Udon Coventry supporters club today

#skyblues can confirm unnamed French striker currently on trial is former @ReadingFC striker Mathieu Manset. More to follow...

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 23, 2013, 8:31 pm

From sky sports:-

Wolverhampton Wanderers midfielder Karl Henry is set for a move to Queens Park Rangers, with Harry Redknapp confirming the deal could be done on Tuesday. Redknapp has said: "I've always liked Karl. He's a good sort, he's a competitor. He looks like he wants to win.”

which is strange really coz on the half doz or so times I have seen him on TV he has always looked like a thug who didn't care who his "tackles" left injured

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » July 23, 2013, 9:03 pm

stattointhailand wrote:From sky sports:-

Wolverhampton Wanderers midfielder Karl Henry is set for a move to Queens Park Rangers, with Harry Redknapp confirming the deal could be done on Tuesday. Redknapp has said: "I've always liked Karl. He's a good sort, he's a competitor. He looks like he wants to win.”

which is strange really coz on the half doz or so times I have seen him on TV he has always looked like a thug who didn't care who his "tackles" left injured
My Mate ( The QPR Fan ) is praying that they DON'T Sign him as he says he is a Dirty B...........

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 23, 2013, 9:22 pm

Looks like your mate has watched the same games that I have 747

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 25, 2013, 11:33 pm

Looking at who Donny are signing and trying to sign, they might be worth a few Baht to get promotion to the prem :-k

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » July 26, 2013, 7:39 am

On the European small club front, did not go too well for British Isle sides.
Here are the results in full (as the Beeb used to say)..
eu1.jpg
eu2.jpg
eu3.jpg
So, Prestatyn Town (by 8 without scoring), Derry City (a rather disappointing home leg result), Hibernian (with a 7 nil home thrashing) & Linfield (by the nail biting away goal rule) are all dismissed from the competition.
St Johnstone managed a home draw, which was enough after a great win away in Rosenborg - not an easy competitor at this stage of the competition. So well done them.

So the draw for the next round looks like this..
eu4.jpg
eu5.jpg
British Isle involvement...
Motherwell take on Kuban Krasnodar of Russia.
St. Johnstone have to travel to Minsk in Belarus,
Swansea City, as FA Cup holders will face Hibs thrashers, Malmö of Sweden in a tough entrance to Europe.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » July 26, 2013, 2:24 pm

What did we ever do before the internet and computers were invented ?
Monday morning my PC just clicked off for no reason and attempts to restart only led to hot air coming out of the sides of the machine and no other sign of life......the cynical amongst you might say that after reading my posts this is no coincidence ! =;
Anyway two snippets of news......
Macclesfield Town have signed Scunthorpe United forward,Connor Jennings,on a 6 month loan.

Anyone remember a Premiership striker called Ade Akinbyi a few years ago ? He was a relatively big money signing for Wolves and Leicester and the phrase "couldnt hit a barn door" was very appropriate for his goalscoring ability.
He's just been appointed as player coach of Conference North,Colwyn Bay,who have also got former Spurs defender Pascal Chimbonda on trial.

Return to “World Sports”