Sunloungers

Have a question or comment about Shopping in Udon Thani? Post it here!
Bonanza
udonmap.com

Sunloungers

Post by Bonanza » December 10, 2012, 8:58 am

Does anyone know where I can purchase a 'sunlounger' with an adjustable reclining back? ie similar to those found by swimming pools and on the beach - either wood or plastic will do. :D

KB_Texas

Sunloungers

Post by KB_Texas » December 10, 2012, 10:38 am

Bonanza wrote:Does anyone know where I can purchase a 'sunlounger' with an adjustable reclining back? ie similar to those found by swimming pools and on the beach - either wood or plastic will do. :D
If you happen to find any, let me know too. I have been looking for a year for something approaching an Adirondack chair, with no luck. (Well, I found one in Bangkok made of teak for 30,000 baht + shipping! :( ) I bought some from Global House about 9 months ago, and they are already on their last legs, and I am looking to replace them.

Other than the wood ones sold at the fairs and on the side of the road, (which are usually quite uninspiring in their construction) I have seen nothing outside of the couple that Global House or Home Pro carries, and the last time in Home Pro, they had none. Home Pro did have a plastic banded one like what you are talking about around 4 months ago, so they may restock it at some time.

KB

parrot
udonmap.com

Sunloungers

Post by parrot » December 10, 2012, 11:19 am

You might try the outdoor furniture section of Index on the ringroad. I 'seem' to recall seeing some there. Probably pricey, but worth a check.

akwoodworker
udonmap.com

Sunloungers

Post by akwoodworker » December 11, 2012, 7:00 am

If anyone is interested I can make some nice adirondacks

KB_Texas

Sunloungers

Post by KB_Texas » December 11, 2012, 7:12 am

VERY interested! I need two! (as long as they are not 30000 baht each!)

KB

Bonanza
udonmap.com

Sunloungers

Post by Bonanza » December 17, 2012, 7:23 pm

For Akwoodworker - I was rather hoping that you were going to respond to Tex's posting with a price for sunloungers. I could be interested in a couple too. :D

randerson79
udonmap.com

Sunloungers

Post by randerson79 » December 17, 2012, 7:57 pm

Me also......

akwoodworker
udonmap.com

Sunloungers

Post by akwoodworker » December 18, 2012, 6:43 am

The chairs will be in the 5k range each and the leg rest for either style will be in the 1k range. I am using recycled wood due to its stability but refinishing them with new stain and outdoor polyurethane. I can use other wood but the cost would be different. PM me if you're interested.
Regards,
Russ

sparticus1
udonmap.com

Sunloungers

Post by sparticus1 » December 18, 2012, 3:15 pm

Well i saw one today on the ring road opposite global house called jd pools, they want 7000 baht for white pvc adjustable sun lounger

martynsnowman
udonmap.com

Sunloungers

Post by martynsnowman » December 19, 2012, 7:58 am

akwoodworker wrote:The chairs will be in the 5k range each and the leg rest for either style will be in the 1k range. I am using recycled wood due to its stability but refinishing them with new stain and outdoor polyurethane. I can use other wood but the cost would be different. PM me if you're interested.
Regards,
Russ
i dont know how easy it is to get the wood you use , but some thais have just pulled a wooden thai house down next to where i live i could ask about buying some of it if it would help you at all akwoodworker . sorry its near to whatana
(sorry about the spelling ) hospital .

akwoodworker
udonmap.com

Sunloungers

Post by akwoodworker » December 19, 2012, 10:35 am

I found a place on Nong Khai road. but could always use extra for other projects. The main reason for using recycled wood is the stability. Proper wood drying is not understood here and I won't build a solar kiln until I live here full time.
Thanks, let me know

parrot
udonmap.com

Sunloungers

Post by parrot » August 11, 2013, 8:56 pm

I don't know that this fits the description of an Adirondack chair, but these were available at the OTOP fair going on at Tungsrimuang today. Sorry, I didn't check the prices.
Attachments
20130811_134557.jpg

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Sunloungers

Post by FrazeeDK » August 11, 2013, 9:20 pm

seems to meet the definition John... http://www.google.com/search?q=adironda ... 18&bih=723
Dave

KB_Texas

Sunloungers

Post by KB_Texas » August 11, 2013, 11:06 pm

parrot wrote:I don't know that this fits the description of an Adirondack chair, but these were available at the OTOP fair going on at Tungsrimuang today. Sorry, I didn't check the prices.
Wow! Those are indeed Adirondack chairs, or close cousins!!! I do hope it is still going on tomorrow! Where did you see these?

KB

pompui
udonmap.com

Sunloungers

Post by pompui » August 12, 2013, 5:55 am

Always worth a look in Homepro 8)

parrot
udonmap.com

Sunloungers

Post by parrot » August 12, 2013, 8:09 am

KB_Texas wrote:
parrot wrote:I don't know that this fits the description of an Adirondack chair, but these were available at the OTOP fair going on at Tungsrimuang today. Sorry, I didn't check the prices.
Wow! Those are indeed Adirondack chairs, or close cousins!!! I do hope it is still going on tomorrow! Where did you see these?

KB
As you're facing the fairgrounds from Phosri rd, the vendor was to the far right, toward the rear.

KB_Texas

Sunloungers

Post by KB_Texas » August 12, 2013, 8:11 am

Thanks Parrot. Will head down there today and see if I can find them. :) I appreciate the heads up!

KB

LilRed
udonmap.com

Sunloungers

Post by LilRed » August 12, 2013, 8:39 am

AKW:

I am real interested too.

You are absolutely right about the wood curing...

One problem I see again and again: The outside chairs and loungers available here, seem to be short lived; particularly those in regular use by us portly, older gentlemen...

Could/would you make a special XXX size/weight capacity?

Best Regards,

Red

KB_Texas

Sunloungers

Post by KB_Texas » August 12, 2013, 9:05 am

Well, if I can find the vendor, I am going to ask if he can make a pair without the urethane stuff they glop over everything wood outdoors here. If so, I will order them instead of buying the ones that Parrot has a picture of. It might not hurt to ask the vendor your question re: oversize and heavier weight wood. However, a decent wood Adirondack chair should last many years if properly taken care of. :)

KB

KB_Texas

Sunloungers

Post by KB_Texas » August 12, 2013, 1:19 pm

Ok, stopped by the place today, after looking for a while. ;) Those chairs were 'Thai' size, but the lady was happy to order me two in 'farang' size. ;) The Thai ones are priced at 5900 baht, but she will go down to 5000 baht. The farang sized ones (4 inches wider and 2 inches higher) on special order were 7000 baht each for two. The wood used is plenty thick enough to support MOST farangs. The seat slats looked to be about 3/4 of an inch thick.

For those of you looking for sun loungers, she also has an adjustable wooden one in her catalog that looked to be quite comfortable. I did not ask the price on it though as it was hot and I wanted to get to the car. :) It was adjustable for reclining position.

To locate the place, they are in the main part, before the stage in the back before the fountain pond. They are NOT in the far back where all the other furniture is. Phone is 086 862 7119.

KB
Last edited by KB_Texas on August 12, 2013, 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Udon Thani Shopping”