VT NamNuang

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
parrot
udonmap.com

VT NamNuang

Post by parrot » September 13, 2013, 4:05 pm

This restaurant has been around as long as I've lived in Udon......not many restaurants can say they've survived 17 years (TJ's!). But VT has grown......now employs over 100 full time staff each day. And their business is thriving. I stop by from time to time to pick up some fried spring rolls or the veggie kind that are in the soft skins....along with some of their deep fried pork. I dare say there's not many Bangkok folks who come to Udon without stopping by for a visit or two....and usually end up going home with a trunk full of their fixings to bring as gifts for those less fortunate.
VT is the Thai version of fast food......I can place a 4-6 course order and have it piping hot in 5 minutes. Good prices as well.
VT's on the corner of Phosri, next to Wat Po.

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

VT NamNuang

Post by merchant seaman » September 13, 2013, 4:11 pm

i may be wrong but don't they cater for Thai Airlines for their inflight meals/snacks?
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

Shado
udonmap.com

VT NamNuang

Post by Shado » September 13, 2013, 4:14 pm

VT NamNuang is one of the wife's regular stops. Often, she will go there for take-away if she is expecting family members to drop by. I like nam nuang, it's a very easy and delicious way to quickly put together a filling meal.

rct
udonmap.com

VT NamNuang

Post by rct » September 13, 2013, 4:21 pm

When I take out of town guests, as in foreigners, they cannot believe how clean and nice this place is!

faranginUTH
udonmap.com

VT NamNuang

Post by faranginUTH » September 13, 2013, 4:31 pm

is this phosri road near wat photiwaranan
as in close to yellow bird?

or is this the vietnamese place on phosri road away from town?

anyone have a picture? thanks

trubrit
udonmap.com

VT NamNuang

Post by trubrit » September 13, 2013, 4:53 pm

They also have a shop selling their food at the airport, ready boxed to take away .No problems taking it on board.
I always take a few as souvenirs to my friends in Bangkok .
I believe I am correct in saying there main shop is Udon's first drive through as well .
Last edited by trubrit on September 13, 2013, 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

pompui
udonmap.com

VT NamNuang

Post by pompui » September 13, 2013, 4:54 pm

Easy to order with the drive through system,always order loads when TW extended family visit,there appears to be 2 shops at the Airport offering in packs to take on board or in the hold. 8) A competitor or same family from Nong Khai,not sure. :-k
Have a large order to take down to Bangers next month and Xmas,they will pack it very well for you to check into the hold. 8)

oops just seen TB post :oops:

faranginUTH
udonmap.com

VT NamNuang

Post by faranginUTH » September 13, 2013, 4:56 pm

thanks!
I been there before and I'll make a trip back for the spring rolls!

papaguido
udonmap.com

VT NamNuang

Post by papaguido » September 13, 2013, 5:39 pm

My wife had a chat with the owner a while back, apparently they're looking to open another VT on the east side of town. I believe UD Town was being considered.

http://vtnamnueng.net/examples/menu2-1.html

They're also on FB...

parrot
udonmap.com

VT NamNuang

Post by parrot » September 13, 2013, 7:08 pm

There are a few copy cats in town.......I'd advise going for the real McCoy.....I mean, the real McDonald.

747man
udonmap.com

VT NamNuang

Post by 747man » September 13, 2013, 8:07 pm

The Nam Nuang place in Nong Khai is " Spot On " aswell its on the waterfront, Near Ta Sadet Market & is ALWAYS Very Busy...

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

VT NamNuang

Post by pienmash » September 14, 2013, 12:08 am

An interesting anolagy from mr P ... indeed the VT place is as authentic as one can get ,,,,,,,,, yes ive been and tried it , too much same same n strangness ,,my opinion ..

Another comment . the new JK suki restarant is now on the go directly overlooking Nong Prajak ,, including the Ocean glass company it a mish mash of inside outside dining with great food ... inside a tadge clinical , outside perfect in the cool season ,,,,,, cracking mix of food and good service .......

my choice over VT anyday ...... but i find Vietamese food crap any way

parrot
udonmap.com

VT NamNuang

Post by parrot » September 14, 2013, 9:42 am

Interesting story on the VT family.......mom and dad escaping the turmoil in Vietnam.....settled in Nongkai....mom carrying water on her shoulders to customers along the Mekong while dad was an employee in a gold shop. Raised 8 kids then decided to strike out on their own using cooking techniques taught by granny.
They must be doing something right......business is and has been booming for them. Hat's off to them!

parrot
udonmap.com

VT NamNuang

Post by parrot » October 8, 2013, 8:56 am

Apparently business is doing very well! Plans for a new VT center near the big Bridgestone Tire shop about a km down the KK Hwy.

Photo from skyscrapercity
Attachments
yrx1.jpg

wazza
udonmap.com

VT NamNuang

Post by wazza » October 18, 2013, 8:39 pm

Daeng Nam Nuang is the place in Nong Khai

The original Vietnamese version, the owner was a refugee from the war and hand carried her vegetables around NK to sell and the rest is history. VT is I believe the cousins spin off. Could be wrong

Daeng has an outlet in Siam Paragon and sells out daily. ( Double the price )

VT is also in Khon Kaen

As other posters have stated, its traditional to bring with you from Udon these pre packed boxes.

Friend of mine flies with TG and every day they hand carry boxes back for the staff in BKK.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

VT NamNuang building new store

Post by FrazeeDK » March 17, 2015, 3:49 pm

VT Nam Nuang's new store is being built about 700 meters south of the Ring Road Intersection and Rte 2 on the East side of the road.. Construction is underway and if the posted sign with a conceptual view of the place becomes reality, it'll be a huge operation with drive thru capability. I imagine this place will do huge business with folks driving back to BKK... The sign doesn't indicate when it will be finished.
DSCN0406.JPG
Dave

parrot
udonmap.com

VT NamNuang

Post by parrot » March 17, 2015, 6:44 pm

Although I'm not an especially big fan of namnuang, I have to say that VT is one of the few businesses that's gotten better as the years go by. When we first moved to Udon in '96, the business was very small scale. Over the years, they've grown, they've modernized, they've been consistent on provided a good quality product at a very fair price, and their employees all seem to be capable and friendly. I'd guess that VT is one of the few businesses where you won't see employees scrunched in a corner sneaking a peak at their mobile phones.....they're far too busy. When we have out-of-town friends over, they invariably ask for a fix of VT namneuang. It's nice to see an Udon business continue to grow and be successful.

parrot
udonmap.com

Re: VT NamNuang

Post by parrot » September 17, 2017, 3:55 pm

I don't know the current status of the VT shop on the KK Hwy, but the Udon store continues to do a booming business. I stopped by today for an order of fresh springrolls เปาะเปี๊ยะสด......an appetizer for the supper my wife is preparing. VT is one of the few places in town where the hired help have no time to check their mobile phones or duck behind counters to chat with a friend. The workers are on their feet all day. As I was standing for my order, the back of this truck was loaded with a 'take out' order. The size of the order put my 50 baht order to shame....but the workers didn't seem to mind.
VT.....one of the few places that has kept up its high standards over the years.
Attachments
Capture.JPG

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » September 17, 2017, 4:04 pm

Friend if mine knows the owners well.

The new complex is having a hotel. Convention area. Shopping complex etc. Regional tourism target. Bus tours....

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » September 17, 2017, 4:12 pm

parrot wrote:
September 17, 2017, 3:55 pm
I don't know the current status of the VT shop on the KK Hwy,
It's open. The wife had a meal there last week.

Return to “Udon Thani Restaurants”