Mr Graham WOOD (deaceased)

Pay tribute to loved ones and friends here...
Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » October 11, 2013, 8:37 am

It is with sadness I advise all readers that a fellow Englishman and gentleman passed away this morning at 0100 hrs.

M Graham Wood, ( Graham to his friends ) gentleman and friend passed away in Udon Hospital after losing his fight with cancer, his health was good in February but deteriorated so suddenly he has finally succumbed .

Many will remember him as the owner with Joey of ‘D’ Corner ( sadly no longer there ) offering good conversation and pleasant snacks.

Graham is survived by a son and daughter in the UK , his girl-friend of many years Joey who has nursed him unceasingly for the last 6 months.

Please watch this post for details for his funeral, we are at present awaiting family c onsiderations and decisions from the UK before proceeding further.,

Farewell old friend, your suffering is now over, You are now at peace.

Sakhonnick
udonmap.com

Post by Sakhonnick » October 11, 2013, 10:03 am

Sorry for the Loss of your friend, how old was he?

Ive just been through it watching my dear partner of 12years my (ex wife) who I still loved die on 4th Sep she also died at Udon Hospital she was only 34, suffered so much in the end :-( I'll never be able to forget what she went through

Cancer is an evil thing I hope now your friend is now at peace and away from that terrible pain

Shado
udonmap.com

Post by Shado » October 11, 2013, 10:12 am

Graham was a neighbor for a couple of years. A very good neighbor.

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by pienmash » October 11, 2013, 10:16 am

Graham n Joey were customers of CC form its opening ...as KP states a real gent and lovely couple . RIP .

Jon n Dao

mickthai
udonmap.com

Post by mickthai » October 11, 2013, 12:13 pm

Nice man I remember him from the days of Sabai Sabai RIP

dezzer
udonmap.com

Post by dezzer » October 11, 2013, 3:08 pm

A very good friend of mine came from near me in Devon ,very sad to hear this news R I P mate
Khun Paul if there is anything i can do
this end please let me know i will
phone Martin later regards to Joey.
thank you Joe (scouse)
You'll Never Walk Alone L.F.C.

Shado
udonmap.com

Post by Shado » October 12, 2013, 4:57 pm

Joey dropped by the house this afternoon to let us know that Graham's body is being kept at Udon General Hospital and she is still waiting for Graham's son to authorize the funeral. She is not sure yet if she will be permitted to hold the Buddhist funeral locally. She did say that Graham had requested it.

So, at the moment, she continues to wait to hear more from his family in England. Hopefully, she won't have to wait too long. Since Graham and Joey were not legally married, the decisions she can make are quite limited. A very sad circumstance indeed.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » October 12, 2013, 9:01 pm

I have noted the above comments and after talking to Joey and Grahams family, the situation is as follows, the facts are known to all parties, having spoken to them all by telephone and by email, giving them all the legal advice passed to me by the British Embassy regarding the passing of a British Foreign National in Thailand.

For legal reasons the deceased cannot be moved from the hospital until as such time the Embassy gives it authority for the movement of the deceased and to whom it should go to, a person here in Thailand or even back to the UK.

Relating to next of kin, let us not forget due to circumstances his mother who is still alive ( 100 yrs old ) is the de-facto next of kin and I am sure the shock is still having an effect, so decisions made by the family will not be swift of that fact I am sure.

having contacted the family and given them full disclosure of the situation, may i ask that readers, do considere that they the family in the UK ) do have full access to this and the other forum, so any comments regarding the situation are NOT for this post, messages of condolences and other similar messages are obviously welcomed.

Discussion about relationships, situations are for anyone else to make a new post that is their choice. Please note what I said on the initial post , I WILL advise the time and place of the funeral, ( Christan ) may be held in Wat for the cremation service or back in the UK, decisons have yet to be made and any spurious comments about it are not welcomed.

Grahams wishes coupled with that of the family and of course Joeys are being taken into consideration but they are not for public discussion.

PLEASE REMEMBER THE FAMILY IS STILL IN MOURNING AND ALSO SOME PEOPLE HERE HAVE LOST SOMEONE THEY LOVED DEARLY.

Anyone want to know anything ask me, leave the family and Joey out of it, they have had to cope with enough and in some cases still coping.
Thanking you all in advance . Paul Knight

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » October 12, 2013, 9:12 pm

Oops sorry people spelt Christian wrong, another silly old persons typo.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » October 13, 2013, 9:21 pm

ATTENTION ALL READERS

I can confirm that the funeral will take place in Udon Thani, exact time and place as yet not known, but I think it will be near to next weekend.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » October 15, 2013, 7:02 am

All readers,

Further to my last post, it looks as though the funeral will be delayed by up to a week or possibly more, due to legal and financial reasons . Not for discussion but for information.

Thanking all friends of Graham for understanding.

ajsp9
udonmap.com

Post by ajsp9 » October 15, 2013, 1:33 pm

RIP 'The Major'

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » October 29, 2013, 7:42 pm

It is with some sadness that I have to report that in actual fact, I have absolutely no idea when Graham's funeral will take place.

Due to circumstances entirely beyond my control his family are now controlling the situation and at the last information I had was they had still not made any concrete decisions apart from appointing a Bangkok Funeral Coy to handle it. We may in fact never know. If and when the cremation takes place if it takes place at all.

The situation is not one I nor anyone else who knew him well would have wanted but once the family got involved, family politics and all that have caused the delay.

Maybe some of us at a time in the future could hold a evening in which he is remembered as a mark of respect, it is indeed a sad end for an Officer and a gentleman.

Sorry to be the bearer of sad news.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 29, 2013, 8:45 pm

KP .. dont know the ins and outs or the politics you mention but i would most certainly be there to raise a glass to a true gent if such an evening is arranged , Graham was dam nice fella a good guy who deserves a better send off than this .

Jon .ex CC
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » October 30, 2013, 12:15 am

Never met Graham but im sure he was a good fella im also sure the boys will raise a few Cold Leo's in his passing to a better place rest in peace from the UK.

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » October 31, 2013, 3:42 pm

perhaps in that raising of a glass, you could invite Joey so she is not left alone to moan her loss, and can see also that

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » October 31, 2013, 3:44 pm

that Graham had some mates, and he was well thought of locally..

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » October 31, 2013, 6:49 pm

Naturally, but I have a feeling she is going to see her daughter which was postponed due to Grahams illness, the p[oor lass needs some different location to look at and different faces, she is completely buggered as we would say, 6 months of constant care she gave him 24/7, our hats off to the lass I say, if she is here we would certainly invite her.
She has moved back to her family so no longer residing in Udon town as she was.

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » November 1, 2013, 1:06 am

Completely understand as I was in her shoes last year when my father went the same way..
Just wanted her kept in the loop if you know what I mean..
Here's to Graham...

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 1, 2013, 9:48 pm

Friday 1 November 2013
Dear Friends, Colleagues and anyone else
It is my very sad duty to inform you all that today in Udon Thani our friend Graham Wood was cremated.
The family decided that they would only pay for one day for the Funeral Director to come from Bangkok, which he did this morning, dealt with the Hospital, the temple and also ensured he at least did have a Minister to say a few words, and that was that.
Brief contact was made but as with many things here in Thailand , lack of planning, co-ordination and understanding went out of the window.
Joee and her Mother and grandmother were in attendance, but the service was befitting a pauper NOT an Officer and a Gentleman. The family have made various excuses and reasons but personally in my book they are meaningless, they together treated a Son, Father and Brother with almost no care and scant attention to him while he was alive, so in fact one was not surprised at the end result.

It is intended to have a informal meeting on the 10th of November at ‘T’ bar approx 1800hrs for us all to raise a glass to Grahams memory, I do not know if Joee will be there, I will put the date and time to her you can be rest assured.
The loss of a friend /boy-friend /good man is hard to bear at times, but knowing his family put monetary concerns before anything else , it is even sadder.

I hope to see many friends on the aforementioned date at the place mentioned. I have spoken to Steve and he is happy for us all to meet there, there are no funds so it will pay as you go so to speak.

Paul

Return to “Obituaries”