Thai massage doctor

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
Silverfox041948
udonmap.com

Thai massage doctor

Post by Silverfox041948 » October 15, 2013, 10:15 am

Recently I had cause to visit the Udon Chia Pohn Massage Shop after a recommendation from a friend.

In 2005 I suffered from a serious illness which resulted in me losing all movement of my toes, all feeling in my feet, aching legs all the time, and loss of balance making walking difficult. One year after discharge from hospital in the UK, a neurosurgeon advised me that this was my condition for the rest of my life, and to surrender my driving licence.

After my visit to the massage shop and 2 ½ treatments by a lovely lady massage doctor, the movement was restored in my toes, and I can walk a lot better. Now one month on, I can still move my toes, and walking has definitely improved. I would recommend that anyone with a similar condition go to see the lady at Udon Chia Pohn Massage, and hope she can perform miracles for someone else.

Macca
udonmap.com

Thai massage doctor

Post by Macca » October 15, 2013, 10:29 am

Nice story and very happy for you.
had a quick search on the net and found this link http://udonmassage.blogspot.com/2012/12/six.html

You mentioned you were advised to surrender your driving licence.
Did you? If so will you now be able to apply for its return?

chickaboom
udonmap.com

Thai massage doctor

Post by chickaboom » October 15, 2013, 6:51 pm

Yes, a very good story Silverfox. I'm happy for you.

I eventually found this lady (Rose) after trying just about all the massage practitioners in Udon to relieve the pain in my back. She told me at the outset that she could never totally cure me but told me how to do exercises to strengthen the muscles on either side of my spinal column to help alleviate my ongoing condition. Needless to say I just couldn't keep the exercises going so I go to see her once a month for maintenance instead and I've never had a problem since.

One day she was massaging me and two Thai men came in carrying another man who was screaming his head off. Rose excused herself and went into the next room to see him. A couple of minutes later there was a hell of a scream and it all went quiet. I thought "hell, she's killed him." When she came back I asked her what happened. "Oh' she said. "I just stopped his pain and I'll take care of him after you." I stayed for a cup of coffee after my massage during which all three of them walked out and got into their truck as though nothing had happened.

Silverfox041948
udonmap.com

Thai massage doctor

Post by Silverfox041948 » October 16, 2013, 7:56 am

Macca wrote:Nice story and very happy for you.
had a quick search on the net and found this link http://udonmassage.blogspot.com/2012/12/six.html

You mentioned you were advised to surrender your driving licence.
Did you? If so will you now be able to apply for its return?
Thanks for reply. In England, I didn't surrender my driving licence, as my problems were with balance. Don't need to balance when driving a car. Soon after this news, I came to Thailand, and have never returned to the UK since 2007. Can drive a car, and ride a big motor cycle with no problems.
However, if you are British, the DVLA there, will refuse to renew a British driving licence if they consider you are resident abroad. I have been told, if ever I go back to live in England permanently, they will renew my licence. As that is unlikely to happen, and IF, I were to go back to the UK for any reason, I can use my Thai licence for a period of one year. Problem solved.

jimbeamm36
udonmap.com

Thai massage doctor

Post by jimbeamm36 » October 18, 2013, 6:25 pm

I just had a one hour remedial massage with Rose. My right shoulder has chronic pain from a bad motorbike accident in 1991.It hurts everyday, some days more than others. I have tried many Thai massages with mixed results. I would like to say a BIG THANK YOU to Rose and those who wrote here introducing me to her. I feel a lot better today. I will go back to her again. I highly recommend her. Her fee is very reasonable.

To find her shop; on the KK road go south 9 km from the ring road light, make a U turn, go about 100 meters , turn left on soi 6. You can see the signs, Her shop is on the right. Call before you go there.

Aptera
udonmap.com

Thai massage doctor

Post by Aptera » October 18, 2013, 9:14 pm

What about the cost of treatment ?

downunder
udonmap.com

Thai massage doctor

Post by downunder » October 19, 2013, 6:55 am

300 baht 1 hour, 500 baht 2 hours

kruklanki
udonmap.com

Thai massage doctor

Post by kruklanki » October 19, 2013, 7:19 am

I found Rose back in February after trying a number of different treatment regimens. I had a long standing problem with pain in my middle back and Rose found the cause of it was actually in my left leg. She massaged my leg and I felt it in my back. She stopped the pains - which I'd had for something like 5 years - in two sessions. It wouldn't have mattered what she charged me because it stopped me from being irritable all the time - according to the missus.

weasel
udonmap.com

Thai massage doctor

Post by weasel » October 19, 2013, 7:56 am

I can also recommend Namwan Massage on Soi Kumnun, Nittayo Road next door to Cheap Charlies, I also have a pretty bad back from a long standing sport injury, she hurts (Namwan the owner) but it feels better afterwords..............then you can pop in for a pint next door!

bamboozle
udonmap.com

Thai massage doctor

Post by bamboozle » October 22, 2013, 8:40 am

Rose is strong and you need a strong girl if you got a problem. She use her elbows an knee too. That Pen girl is hefty and strong but shes not always there an she dont have the experience Rose has. The other one called Booky is good if you only want for a Thai massage but shes not strong enough for fixing problems. all 3 are nice girls but insist you want Rose if you got a medical problem.

One plasce I been massaged in udon the girl was talking on the phone with one hand and massging me with the other.

wfoster
udonmap.com

Thai massage doctor

Post by wfoster » October 22, 2013, 5:47 pm

Thanks for the recommendation. I have sciatica problems and neuropathy in my legs. I visited Rose yesterday. She is very good. Yes she is strong, but does not hurt. I have had many many Thai massages and found Rose to be one of the best at relieving my pain.

Suggest you call and make and appointment before you drive out to her shop.

parrot
udonmap.com

Thai massage doctor

Post by parrot » October 22, 2013, 7:04 pm

I haven't used Rose's services.....yet.....but thanks to all who posted the info, including the link to her simple but excellent blog.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Thai massage doctor

Post by semperfiguy » October 26, 2013, 3:54 pm

Today I went to see Rose, and I can say without a doubt that she is the best massage therapist that I have ever visited. She definitely knows her stuff and was quick to find all the knotted up muscles in my body, and she concentrated on those areas for two hours. I highly recommend her! My wife enjoyed a traditional Thai massage for two hours and was equally pleased with the services of Rose's assistant.

The U-turn down the Khon Kaen Hwy is exactly 8.8 Kms from the Ring Road. Once you make the U-turn you will immediately see Soi 3 on the left. Simply count the soi signs coming back toward Udon and turn left on Soi 6. Her shop is 20 meters down the soi on the right hand side. Definitely call her at 089 2750 768 before coming. It's a bit away from town, but well worth the drive.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

waynefletcher

Thai massage doctor

Post by waynefletcher » November 4, 2013, 4:31 pm

To all out there who are reading this blog and are looking for a professional massage with attention to detail of your specific pain needs.

Then stop reading and go and have one of the best massages you will ever have in your life.

This is no ordinary massage the techniques that are used is the touch of a real healer and career of your total bodies needs.

Rose who owns this amazing massage business is very professional and the most friendliest person you will every meet in Thaialnd.

She will give your body the best treatment possible and some how make all the pain go away.

I had suffered a sore back for 6 years, I could only sleep 7-8 hours no more as my back would ache so much until I got up and showered then I was fine.

After my Visit with Rose I can now enjoy a normal longer sleep totally pain free.

Thank you Rose Thank you

Best wishes for the continued success of your business in helping others get pain free.

Regards
Wayne Bangkok (Australia)

trubrit
udonmap.com

Thai massage doctor

Post by trubrit » November 5, 2013, 4:44 pm

Haven't got round to going yet but tried to book today and the girl Pen has now left and a new girl is being trained, so don't know what standard you can expect if you don't get Rose. :-" Incidentally it's only 200bht an hour for Thai. Wonder what you guys who took your wife paid for her ?
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Thai massage doctor

Post by semperfiguy » November 5, 2013, 4:57 pm

trubrit wrote:Haven't got round to going yet but tried to book today and the girl Pen has now left and a new girl is being trained, so don't know what standard you can expect if you don't get Rose. :-" Incidentally it's only 200bht an hour for Thai. Wonder what you guys who took your wife paid for her ?
When I last went I was told that Pen was out sick and some girl named Tookie was taking her place, so maybe this is the girl that Rose is referring to. She gave my wife a massage while Rose massaged me, and my wife said she is good but the massage is soft. 200 baht per hour for the wife.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

kruklanki
udonmap.com

Thai massage doctor

Post by kruklanki » November 6, 2013, 6:59 pm

waynefletcher wrote:To all out there who are reading this blog and are looking for a professional massage with attention to detail of your specific pain needs.

Then stop reading and go and have one of the best massages you will ever have in your life.

This is no ordinary massage the techniques that are used is the touch of a real healer and career of your total bodies needs.

Rose who owns this amazing massage business is very professional and the most friendliest person you will every meet in Thaialnd.

She will give your body the best treatment possible and some how make all the pain go away.

I had suffered a sore back for 6 years, I could only sleep 7-8 hours no more as my back would ache so much until I got up and showered then I was fine.

After my Visit with Rose I can now enjoy a normal longer sleep totally pain free.

Thank you Rose Thank you

Best wishes for the continued success of your business in helping others get pain free.

Regards
Wayne Bangkok (Australia)
Hi Wayne Bangkok/Australia
You must be the man Rose told me about. She was worried about your visit. She said you were coming all the way from Bangkok for a massage and she was worried that if she couldn't fix you up you'd have wasted a lot of money. She told me that if she didn't think she'd helped you she wasn't going to charge you. Good to hear you're sleeping well after so long

bamboozle
udonmap.com

Thai massage doctor

Post by bamboozle » November 7, 2013, 7:54 am

I think tooky or Booky or whatever is only tempory until she get the new one trained up. I think the Thai massage is Ok with Booky but she dont have the healing and medical knowlege if you have something wrong with you. Rose told me shes going away for 4 days this month to teach masssage in another city somewhere.

uluru
udonmap.com

Thai massage doctor

Post by uluru » November 9, 2013, 12:41 pm

I'm interested in trying Rose's services but I'm a bit scared. I've had a back problem for about 7 years and during that time I've spent a fortune on chiropractors, osteopaths and Bowen massage practitioners in Bangkok and Australia. Nothing's worked for me so far and one registered chiropractor actually hurt me and I was off work for 10 days because of it.

I see that Silver Fox, who started this thread called Rose a massage doctor but on her blog she doesn't claim to be one. I see she's qualified by the Udon Thani Government massage school but I wonder how thorough their training is? Backs are pretty dodgy things what with all the nerves that seem to go all over the body.

From the postings here it would seem that she knows her stuff and has gone beyond simple massaging but I'm worried that a little pressure in the wrong place could end up hurting me permanently. Has anyone had a bad experience with Rose?

uluru
udonmap.com

Thai massage doctor

Post by uluru » January 22, 2014, 12:32 pm

uluru wrote:I'm interested in trying Rose's services but I'm a bit scared. I've had a back problem for about 7 years and during that time I've spent a fortune on chiropractors, osteopaths and Bowen massage practitioners in Bangkok and Australia. Nothing's worked for me so far and one registered chiropractor actually hurt me and I was off work for 10 days because of it.

I see that Silver Fox, who started this thread called Rose a massage doctor but on her blog she doesn't claim to be one. I see she's qualified by the Udon Thani Government massage school but I wonder how thorough their training is? Backs are pretty dodgy things what with all the nerves that seem to go all over the body.

From the postings here it would seem that she knows her stuff and has gone beyond simple massaging but I'm worried that a little pressure in the wrong place could end up hurting me permanently. Has anyone had a bad experience with Rose?
Well, I threw caution to the wind and went to see Rose. I needn't have worried because this lady is a real expert. I spent a long time telling her my problem in detail and she just waited patiently until I finished and then went straight to the cause of it......and fixed it. I'm not sure how long it took because I fell asleep and woke after I'd been there two and a half hours. She charged me for 2 hours because she didn't have any customers waiting.

So she appears to have fixed my long standing back problem although time will tell and I have to go back again in a fortnight for a follow up. Something I liked about it was that you get an air conditioned room to yourself with a big strong bed (I'm a heavy person) instead of mattresses on the floor and curtains between.

I can thoroughly recommend Rose and I'm not going back to the chiropractors.

Return to “Health & Beauty”