Will the ARMY step in again

Post by parrot » February 5, 2014, 6:08 pm

Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Financial Times weigh in on the elections:
http://asiancorrespondent.com/author/bangkokpundit/

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » February 5, 2014, 6:15 pm

I'm betting that all those farmers' groups are Dem affiliated and working directly with Suthep's PRDC to "protest" and block those roads.. Note the only Issan province talked about is Buriram... run by--- Newin Chidchob... enemy of Taksin and PT since he bailed back in 2008 and went into coalition with the Dems... All this, in my mind rather neatly orchestrated from the Dem side after the amnesty fiasco brought out the initial big protests last fall...
Dave

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » February 5, 2014, 6:40 pm

Excellent articles one of things they need to reform is the difference between frees speech and civil disorder, Then have the courage to do something about it, Where are the arrests?

Sure there is going to be one heck of fight. But letting the country be destroyed is far worse then dealing with that.

I ave to say the Phua Thai also needs to deal with the amnesty mess they created. They have courts in Thailand to deal with that. That was really shady picking the monks mourning period to do it in. I guess they thought everyone would be asleep they weren't.

That was right, nor is what the PRDC is doing.

I don't know who advised Yingluk to disolve Parliment . But, it was a huge mistake. It for all intents and purposes made it impossible to govern to the degree needed now.

Democracy, not only means living by the rule of law, it means enforcing it as well. That is really missing.

Then democrats how stupid the rice scheme and the non payment might have been enough to get the actually elected, We will never know.

So what has this done?

I would say disrupted the Government from doing it's duties.

Lost a million ton rice deal

Cost an inexpensive tablet deal.

Warnings by Fitch

Having major road ways blocked to needed commerce.

Why not no penalty anyway.

This last few months is not going to take a day or two, to recover from it will take months, if not years. Depending on how long it goes on.

I would like to list what good came out of it thus far, I just don't see any.

The Army seems to be the smarter of the player's we know publicly by staying out of it.

We all know soon there will be a change in the Big chair. But, that won't be decided on the street. I don't know what the future will bring. But, Thailand will be different.
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » February 5, 2014, 6:54 pm

This may be what the Democrat party gets out of this.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breakingnews ... st-leaders

Lets see if they actually arrest the leaders I'm not betting on it. Not going to be pretty. In my past in cop shop op anyone that got int e way would be arrested immediately. If you don't do that you won't control the crowd. In my past we didn't negoiate with law breakers we arrested them and let the courts decide after the fact. But that wasn't Thailand.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breakingnews ... st-leaders
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » February 5, 2014, 7:27 pm

Well the door is wide open now all they got to do is do the work.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breakingnews ... -dismissed

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » February 5, 2014, 7:41 pm

bumper wrote: They have courts in Thailand to deal with that.

I don't know who advised Yingluk to disolve Parliment . But, it was a huge mistake. It for all intents and purposes made it impossible to govern to the degree needed now.

But, the courts are stacked against the Shinawatras.

It might have been a mistake to dissolve Parliament, but there has been an election recently, not yet complete, to deal with that. Suthep and co. are working hard to ensure Parliament does not function.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » February 5, 2014, 7:57 pm

FrazeeDK wrote:I'm betting that all those farmers' groups are Dem affiliated and working directly with Suthep's PRDC to "protest" and block those roads.. Note the only Issan province talked about is Buriram... run by--- Newin Chidchob... enemy of Taksin and PT since he bailed back in 2008 and went into coalition with the Dems... All this, in my mind rather neatly orchestrated from the Dem side after the amnesty fiasco brought out the initial big protests last fall...

I think Newin still runs the local football club, which has had a very successful run since he took over.

At one time in the past, it was suggested that he was head of the so-called 'blackshirts'.

He is one of those old-style local Thai leaders known as a 'godfather', and a 'big man'.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » February 6, 2014, 7:40 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
bumper wrote: They have courts in Thailand to deal with that.

But, the courts are stacked against the Shinawatras.

It might have been a mistake to dissolve Parliament, but there has been an election recently, not yet complete, to deal with that. Suthep and co. are working hard to ensure Parliament does not function.
That is the reason she should not have done it didn't solve a thing and everyone knew it wouldn't. Ended up with the tail wagging the dog. They will win, Suthep isn't going away.

KHONDAHM
udonmap.com

Post by KHONDAHM » February 6, 2014, 9:36 am

"They will win, Suthep isn't going away."

"They" being the little yellow chair. Darn skippy the little yellow chair (aka The Puppeteer) ain't goin' nowhere. Suthep's strings are still under warranty.
Enjoy this site much more by adding idiots to your ignore list (Friends & Foes tab).
http:\\www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/ucp.php? ... &mode=foes

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » February 6, 2014, 11:23 am

Just thought I would look at the Thai Courts in search of balance

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakin ... 26143.html

I think there are two side to the coin PRDC wins sometimes Democrats win at other times, this just a sampling form to today, so accurate heck no!

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakin ... 26145.html

Looks to me like fair rulings, to both sides

Last edited by bumper on February 6, 2014, 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

rreddin
udonmap.com

Post by rreddin » February 6, 2014, 11:28 am

bumper wrote:Just thought I would look at the Thai Courts in search of balance

That report is open to more than one interpretetaion.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » February 6, 2014, 11:30 am

Of course not a one way street. I don't agree with all the decisions of the U.S. Supreme Court. But, I live by them.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » February 7, 2014, 9:30 am

Rice is becoming an ever hotter issue. This may be going to far or it might be make then hero's in he eyes of some. Government say it has plans to sale the rice. But, I don't think the farmers trust them for that.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/politic ... lp-farmers

Looks like the violence may be starting again

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakin ... 26285.html

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » February 7, 2014, 2:32 pm

This yellow - red conflict is going to continue in some form or another for years. It looks like we'll be wondering about the army many times in the years ahead. However I think most Thais are too focused on improving their lives for it to explode into civil war.

This is a land of hope where people's lives have improved tremendously over the last 2 or 3 decades. Hopefully the more hot headed citizens or the army aren't going to ruin this great run towards prosperity. Thailand is a great success story and that's one reason people from wealthier countries want to live in Thailand. I don't see many people wanting to live in Iraq etc. It'll be interesting to see if Thailand is so attractive for ex-pats with all the troubles and uncertainties in the years ahead. Another point that interests me is if the most loved person in the Kingdom passes on, how will that affect the conflict and the role of the army?
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » February 7, 2014, 8:58 pm

As I was reading the piece at http://asiapacific.anu.edu.au/news-even ... vTLleWgCeZ, my aging brain recalled the song by Boy George, Karma Chameleon. No doubt, a few stroke of a pen and the red, gold and green in the song could be altered to fit the occasion.
All that aside, the author's comments about kharmic-order are something for western brains to think about.

KHONDAHM
udonmap.com

Post by KHONDAHM » February 8, 2014, 4:33 am

@GT93 - If one accepts this whole fiasco is reay about succession, then what follows becomes academic. The PM plays a crucial role in the succession process. According to what I have heard/read about the matter, the Constitution basically says the PM can do something which would put the little pink chair in power. If one accepts that the little yellow chair is the Puppetmaster, then it is clear the issue will never resolve unless it resolves in the Puppetmaster's favor; which would be to "reform" the Constitution to eliminate the PM's role in succession, disenfranchise unsupportive voters by implementing proposed poll taxes, and other acts and provisions to ensure dictator-like powers masquerading as "democracy" (see Mussharif, Mubarak, Qadafi, Pinochet, Mugabe, Putin, and a host of others who "reformed" their Constitutions similarly)
Enjoy this site much more by adding idiots to your ignore list (Friends & Foes tab).
http:\\www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/ucp.php? ... &mode=foes

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » February 8, 2014, 9:22 am

Parrot

An excellent analysis of the situation which is along the same lines as reported by the two former US foreign service officers recently in Asia Times On Line.
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » February 8, 2014, 1:56 pm

Watch Me!!

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » February 8, 2014, 3:40 pm

Why not part of the moon as well? Total nonsense!
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » February 8, 2014, 3:43 pm

perhaps the diligent NACC will jump right on this eh?
Dave

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”