obamacare is a joke, good for illegals and welfare people

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
ting_tong
udonmap.com

Post by ting_tong » December 25, 2013, 9:48 pm

on my christmas call home to the family, I was notified that my health insurance has been increased by $110 (3400 bt) a month because of this obamacare crap

I looked up what federal assistance had to offer on the kaiser website, it showed zero $ assistance

looks like I have to drop my kaiser permanente insurance and get Bupa insurance, I was advised by the Bupa agent that I can have "travel insurance" for when I go back to the US to work for the time I am there.

Im glad I have this option, as I am not interested in contributing to the health and welfare of illegal aliens and welfare system abusers. The obamacare system is a farce and I have nothing to gain from it, the insurance premium is forced on me.

LilRed
udonmap.com

Post by LilRed » December 27, 2013, 12:06 pm

TTP:

Git yo wallet out n quit whingin.

I did ask my lovely daughter who is a heavy hitter in da Harvard U medical system, how MA felt about Mittcare?

She sez that initially, most folk did NOT like it... She sez that, now, 5 years on, it is very highly thought of, by both users and providers...

U dunna like Ocare? Vote!

Elections soon come.

R

ting_tong
udonmap.com

Post by ting_tong » December 27, 2013, 1:06 pm

"Git yo wallet out n quit whingin."
---- that! I just dropped my insurance and will purchase Bupa and when I go back to work, I'll buy travel insurance 8)
cost a small fraction of what US insurance is

banpaeng
udonmap.com

Post by banpaeng » January 13, 2014, 9:48 am

I see you are well versed on Obamacare.

Nothing changes for the Illegals and Welfare folks". They are on Medicaid and will remain on Medicaid.

Don't like O'care but equally don't like the latest Tea Party lies.

milkman
udonmap.com

Post by milkman » January 13, 2014, 12:26 pm

I just looked it up last night. My wife and I will have to pay around $10,000 a year...for nothing! We'll have a $12,500 deductible, which means we'll never get anything!!! It'll basically just be catastrophic insurance. If you live in Thailand, you have to stay out of the USA 330 days a year, or they'll make you sign up too! But if you live here, you can't see any doctors here and get insurance payments, so you just pay, but can never collect.

I agree with banpaeng, I hate the Tea Party lies, all the nonsense that's said nonstop on Fox News. But now I find...I also hate Obamacare!

LilRed
udonmap.com

Post by LilRed » January 14, 2014, 11:43 am

"But if you live here, you can't see any doctors here and get insurance payments, so you just pay, but can never collect."

I have Blue Cross Blue Shield. It pays all over the world, including here.

My personal experience wid Ocare has been good...

My new BCBS premium, under Ocare, increased $11/mo. This compares very favorably with previous years' increases, which ran $25+/mo... (BCBS has 2 "preferred providers" here in Udon, with a 3rd soon coming.)

Illegals and welfare recipients require adequate medical care... A no-brainer for folks with public health experience... For example, these folks have to have vaccinations such as diphtheria, pertussis, polio, etc.; treatment for tuberculosis, STD's,, and, other communicable diseases... If not, all the rest of us are at serious risk. The cost of providing this care, is FAR cheaper than the free market system we had heretofor, and, FAR cheaper to us as a nation, than not providing it...

R

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » February 7, 2014, 1:09 pm

Krugman's column in today's NYT helps fill in some of the missing blanks of the Congressional Budget Office's report about the effects of the health care act and the labor force.
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/07/opini ... ef=opinion

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » February 7, 2014, 1:43 pm

I would have thought the illegals have a higher participation rate in the labour market than those legally able to work in the US? And many of their jobs would be jobs those legally in the US would try to avoid? Aren't these people by and large heroes? The US would fall apart without them. It's in the US's interests as LilRed points out to keep them healthy. They aren't looking to retire in the sun amongst pretty girls and cheap beer.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

LoveDaBlues
udonmap.com

Post by LoveDaBlues » February 7, 2014, 7:22 pm

milkman wrote:I just looked it up last night. My wife and I will have to pay around $10,000 a year...for nothing! We'll have a $12,500 deductible, which means we'll never get anything!!! It'll basically just be catastrophic insurance. If you live in Thailand, you have to stay out of the USA 330 days a year, or they'll make you sign up too! But if you live here, you can't see any doctors here and get insurance payments, so you just pay, but can never collect.

I agree with banpaeng, I hate the Tea Party lies, all the nonsense that's said nonstop on Fox News. But now I find...I also hate Obamacare!
The ACA is generally for people living in the USA. If you live in the USA and don't want the insurance you can pay the "penalty" which is the greater of $95 bucks (this year) or 1% of taxable income.

OR.....just don't pay the penalty and make sure you adjust your taxes so you don't have a refund. Then although you will be levied a penalty they have no way to collect.

tigerryan
udonmap.com

Post by tigerryan » February 7, 2014, 11:08 pm

I started saving early and I consider myself self insured. Obamacare is a multigenerational economic crime against the healthy and productive amongst us. Its time that the unproductive, unprosperous and unhealthy get the level of service they are willing to pay for and like it. Many kind and good people in this world are willing to help you if you are found suitable for non governmental help. So many people have made poor choices in life (like not saving) and need to realize they are dead wood on society and going to die is your healthcare plan.

thrilled
udonmap.com

Post by thrilled » February 8, 2014, 2:29 am

I had checked mine out $320 A month.How does that work?I don't see young people signing up for it.And then the feds take their tax return money for not signing up for it.Well they voted for change.How is that working out for them?I had believed Carter was the worse president,beating Nixon out.But Obama beats em all.

KHONDAHM
udonmap.com

Post by KHONDAHM » February 8, 2014, 4:45 am

Most people who continue to "not like Obamacare" are people who still have not gone to the site(s) to sign up and shop for a better plan than they currently have now.

Bytching about it requires less effort.
Enjoy this site much more by adding idiots to your ignore list (Friends & Foes tab).
http:\\www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/ucp.php? ... &mode=foes

farlong68
udonmap.com

Post by farlong68 » February 8, 2014, 7:55 am

my aca insurance of last resort after mine was canx is 334 usd more per month than by previous blue cross that was canx due to the government injecting themselves into the market place said aca policy covers less and has a higher ded and cuts me off from my family doctor and derm.. (skin cancer) doctor off 20 plus years...Great change.....lol

tigerryan
udonmap.com

Post by tigerryan » February 8, 2014, 9:11 am

Khondam. I don't need to look into Obamacare eat Government cheese or check the price out of section eight housing to know I don't want any part of it. Multi generational theft is wrong this policy is wrong and I am not going to participate because its a good deal or in the case of Obamacare a disaster. We are not all alike.

faranginUTH
udonmap.com

Post by faranginUTH » February 8, 2014, 9:49 am

thrilled wrote:I had checked mine out $320 A month.How does that work?I don't see young people signing up for it.And then the feds take their tax return money for not signing up for it.Well they voted for change.How is that working out for them?I had believed Carter was the worse president,beating Nixon out.But Obama beats em all.
tigerryan wrote:Khondam. I don't need to look into Obamacare eat Government cheese or check the price out of section eight housing to know I don't want any part of it. Multi generational theft is wrong this policy is wrong and I am not going to participate because its a good deal or in the case of Obamacare a disaster. We are not all alike.
I agree with tigerryan

the increase of about 30% does not give me any extra benefits, you are forced to help the have nots (losers)

you can see many illegal aliens waiting in the morning for work by the Home Depot in the morning, all cash, all under the table, and cheap.....WTF do they contribute?

LilRed
udonmap.com

Post by LilRed » February 8, 2014, 11:21 am

TEABILLY OCARE 3.jpg
TEABILLY FREE MARKET HEALTH CARE COST DATA.jpg
TEABILLY LEGISLATION.jpg
TEABILLY LEGISLATION.jpg (35.05 KiB) Viewed 3950 times
R

KHONDAHM
udonmap.com

Post by KHONDAHM » February 8, 2014, 1:15 pm

"WTF do they contribute?"
It is a fact that the poor save far less and spend far more than those who are wealthier. One may not like or care to believe it, but the #1 way to boost any economy is to "give" money to the poor. They will spend it on goods and services immediately. That helps create jobs which creates taxable revenue and earnings which can be "given" to the poor again. Rinse and repeat until the economy is healthy and unemployment is low. At that point, there would be less need or demand for "handouts". Like or loathe it: That's simple Macro-Econ 101.
Enjoy this site much more by adding idiots to your ignore list (Friends & Foes tab).
http:\\www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/ucp.php? ... &mode=foes

faranginUTH
udonmap.com

Post by faranginUTH » February 8, 2014, 1:28 pm

LilRed wrote:
The attachment TEABILLY OCARE 3.jpg is no longer available
The attachment TEABILLY FREE MARKET HEALTH CARE COST DATA.jpg is no longer available
The attachment TEABILLY LEGISLATION.jpg is no longer available
R
trix.jpg
trix.jpg (5.95 KiB) Viewed 3927 times

faranginUTH
udonmap.com

Post by faranginUTH » February 8, 2014, 1:37 pm

KHONDAHM wrote:"WTF do they contribute?"
It is a fact that the poor save far less and spend far more than those who are wealthier. One may not like or care to believe it, but the #1 way to boost any economy is to "give" money to the poor. They will spend it on goods and services immediately. That helps create jobs which creates taxable revenue and earnings which can be "given" to the poor again. Rinse and repeat until the economy is healthy and unemployment is low. At that point, there would be less need or demand for "handouts". Like or loathe it: That's simple Macro-Econ 101.

LoveDaBlues
udonmap.com

Post by LoveDaBlues » February 9, 2014, 10:35 am

faranginUTH wrote:
you can see many illegal aliens waiting in the morning for work by the Home Depot in the morning, all cash, all under the table, and cheap.....WTF do they contribute?
They contribute more than you know; or want to accept. And, who hires the illegals and pays cash "under the table" that you refer to? That's right, your fellow "legal Americans" many of whom will badmouth the "illegals" yet they continue to pay them which keeps them in the country!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Stephen Goss, chief actuary of the Social Security Administration estimates that 3.1 million illegal workers pay into Social Security each year. In 2010, undocumented workers and their employers paid $15 billion to Social Security with no intention of ever collecting benefits -- that year illegal workers only received $1 billion back.

Over the course of many years, Goss estimates that a total of $150 billion in undocumented workers' money has flowed into the Social Security trust fund. That’s about 8% of the total $1.7 trillion Social Security has in reserve.

In 2010 Goss said if not for the millions of illegal workers paying into the system Social Security would have “entered persistent shortfall of tax revenue to cover payouts starting in 2009."

Return to “Open Forum”