Air Conditioner Service Check

Information on building a house, buying poperty and land, and all other general contruction topics...
Balthasar G.
udonmap.com

Post by Balthasar G. » February 24, 2014, 10:39 pm

I have a Central air conditioner unit in the guest room that I want to have serviced.
How much does your typical (annual) A/C maintenance cost and what does the service include?

I hope I die in my sleep like my grand dad did, not screaming like his passengers

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » February 25, 2014, 4:47 pm

mostly the price is 500 baht , cleaning in en outside unit , if they need to add some freon gas about 200 baht more... ;)

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » February 25, 2014, 5:28 pm

sounds about right.. They'll pull the inside exchanger apart and fully clean it and power wash the inside exchanger. (they use a shower curtain like plastic piece to steam all water into a bucket). Outside they'll blow out the heat exchanger and check all fittings and add Freon as required. Each A/C unit can take nearly 45 minutes or so.. I've always used the company just south of the Nong Sai intersection on the Ring Road.. They've always been honest and if the A/C unit doesn't need cleaning (after they've removed the covers and inspected it) they didn't charge me for it..
Dave

Balthasar G.
udonmap.com

Post by Balthasar G. » February 25, 2014, 8:32 pm

Thanks guys!
I hope I die in my sleep like my grand dad did, not screaming like his passengers

KHONDAHM
udonmap.com

Post by KHONDAHM » February 26, 2014, 7:05 pm

kopkei wrote:mostly the price is 500 baht , cleaning in en outside unit , if they need to add some freon gas about 200 baht more... ;)
+1

Mine is a 38k BTU unit. 700 b/yr
Enjoy this site much more by adding idiots to your ignore list (Friends & Foes tab).
http:\\www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/ucp.php? ... &mode=foes

Hunter58
udonmap.com

Post by Hunter58 » March 5, 2014, 10:25 am

Can anyone give me contact details for AC service engineer in Udon ?
Need about 6 units serviced.
Thanks.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » March 5, 2014, 10:51 am

You can do cheaper, but doubt you can do better than the service provided by Nimit Air Conditioning Service. They've been in business for 20+ years. Most of the family speaks English. Since you have 6 units, they may give you a discount on service....can't hurt to try.
Their technicians are very knowledgeable and clean. Never had a problem with them in my home.
042-341-655, 04202210724. Ask for Ms. Supawan or ask for someone who speaks English.
Located in central Udon, between the statue circle and Top World.

Hunter58
udonmap.com

Post by Hunter58 » March 5, 2014, 10:55 am

Great. Many thanks for the info.

Shado
udonmap.com

Post by Shado » March 5, 2014, 11:05 am

Agree with parrot. Nimit Air Conditioning Service has provided reliable maintenance of our units for several years now.

Asiaphile
udonmap.com

Post by Asiaphile » March 5, 2014, 11:23 am

I can second FrazeeDK's recommendation.
Standard Cooling and Service Co., located at the Ring Road, near the Nong Bua intersection (google coordinates 17.401062, 102.822126) tel. 042 249 555, are honest, very professional, and provide excellent service.
In my case they were cheaper than Nimit, so it wouldn't hurt to check prices before you decide.

Muni
udonmap.com

Post by Muni » March 5, 2014, 1:33 pm

I play tennis with the owner of NIMMIT. Just this morning he told me it was smart that we serviced all our A/C's last month. They already have a que of over 10 days so no matter who you decide to use, do it quickly. HOT season is here & like replacing windshield wipers in the rain, everyone wants it done now!!

BigBubba
udonmap.com

Post by BigBubba » March 5, 2014, 1:58 pm

Muni wrote:I play tennis with the owner of NIMMIT. Just this morning he told me it was smart that we serviced all our A/C's last month. They already have a que of over 10 days so no matter who you decide to use, do it quickly. HOT season is here & like replacing windshield wipers in the rain, everyone wants it done now!!
Can confirm that. We called this morning and got appointment for the 14th.
Every day I wake up is a good day.

Svein66
udonmap.com

Post by Svein66 » March 5, 2014, 3:07 pm

We paid 1300 baht for 3 aircons today.

Hunter58
udonmap.com

Post by Hunter58 » March 5, 2014, 8:37 pm

Thanks to the detail provided we made contact to arrange service visit.
They are currently swamped and can only visit on 15 March.
They were very helpful and look forward to dealing with them.
Thank you for all the info.

Baht Man
udonmap.com

Post by Baht Man » March 12, 2014, 7:45 am

Wentto Nimit yesterday concerning a cleaning and new ac for new house build.
500 baht and up, depending on the size of the unit.
Fow new air she wanted to come out to take a look, what I expected.

Went to Standard on ring road. Same charge for service, coming out this am. Next day.
For new air system, I made a sketch, the same as at Nimit, she said I needed 102,000 btu and would sell me 3 - 32000 units.
Never asked about windows, insulation or anything.

Both are now scheduled to come out next week for the NEW a/c for a look see.
I'll let ya know how it goes.
The more hair I loose, the more head I get.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » March 12, 2014, 7:49 am

was just in Standard yesterday.. they have the usual split packs but also extremely large units for commercial buildings, something I hadn't seen before in Udon..
Dave

bluejets
udonmap.com

Post by bluejets » March 12, 2014, 10:19 am

Cost per pound of R22 in Aus went from $600 to $3,000 almost overnight.
I wouldn't be surprised if Thailand will eventually have to follow suit.
Makes older systems (maybe over 5 years plus) redundant to anything but clean the filters.
Crazy thing is R22 was never a problem compared to R12 as far as the ozone layer was concerned and the R134A replacement turned out to be worse than the latter (go figure)
Now the emphasis is on refrigerants that closely follow the properties of butane gas (flammable also) with system pressure on high side going close to 600psi. (so from frying pan into the fire) just wonder when the natural law of averages kicks in and we all end up with systems that start to make some common sense.
Thanks to all the "Greenies and tree huggers" out there.

BigBubba
udonmap.com

Post by BigBubba » March 14, 2014, 10:49 am

BigBubba wrote:
Muni wrote:I play tennis with the owner of NIMMIT. Just this morning he told me it was smart that we serviced all our A/C's last month. They already have a que of over 10 days so no matter who you decide to use, do it quickly. HOT season is here & like replacing windshield wipers in the rain, everyone wants it done now!!
Can confirm that. We called this morning and got appointment for the 14th.
As noted above, appointment made on the 5th for service this morning at 8:30. Actual arrival time, 9:15, TiT. Two units thoroughly cleaned. One outside unit in a difficult location. No gas needed, total charge 1,000 baht. Can tell a marked difference in air flow and this surely will improve efficiency. Finished at 10:30 and did a nice job of cleaning up after themselves, a definite plus. Would certainly recommend them.
Every day I wake up is a good day.

KHONDAHM
udonmap.com

Post by KHONDAHM » March 27, 2014, 8:16 pm

KHONDAHM wrote:
kopkei wrote:mostly the price is 500 baht , cleaning in en outside unit , if they need to add some freon gas about 200 baht more... ;)
+1

Mine is a 38k BTU unit. 700 b/yr
We use Standard Cooling (042-249922) for our main A/C and the units we have for the fitness room (13k btu) and guest apartment (11k? btu). Outstanding annual service 4 years and counting!
Enjoy this site much more by adding idiots to your ignore list (Friends & Foes tab).
http:\\www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/ucp.php? ... &mode=foes

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » March 31, 2014, 10:16 am

My wife stopped at a local air conditioning dealer and asked the price for cleaning and servicing the 9,000 BTU Samsung unit in our bedroom. The dealer replied that it would be 500 baht. When two guys showed up and unloaded their equipment, they took a look and started to pack back up. We didn't buy the unit from them. They told my wife to call the dealer we bought the unit from. I told my wife that since they were already here, to ask how much to do the job anyways. After a lot of talking back and forth, they agreed to do the job for 1,000 baht. She wasn't happy. I told them to go ahead. The next time we have it serviced, I told her to call the same guys. They took both the inside and outside units apart and pressure washed everything. I was impressed by their thoroughness and a thousand baht was reasonable for the job they did. Inside they had something like an upside down tent to catch the cleaning water.

That Samsung unit is about ten years old and still runs as good as when it was new. I do clean the inside filters at least once a year.

Return to “House & Land”