snoring

Looking for a something in particular but don't know where to buy it? Try asking here...
Rono
udonmap.com

snoring

Post by Rono » April 6, 2014, 12:16 pm

SnoreStrap%20Image_Large.jpg
SnoreStrap%20Image_Large.jpg (27.9 KiB) Viewed 2679 times
Hi There, I seem to snore like . . . . well like a few guys are using motorized saws right in the bedroom. I never heard it myself, but wanted to do something about it. I've seen a device, a so called snoozer, but can not get it in Thailand. Anybody know where to buy it or anyone used it already? Via internet , I could not find a company to ship to Thailand yet

maaka
udonmap.com

snoring

Post by maaka » April 6, 2014, 1:42 pm

dude I cant share a hotel room, or bedroom, and once when the tribe had a two day gathering, I had to sleep in the shed out the back where we prepare our decease ready for funeral..

ever had your Adnoids out..apparently that helps breath thru your nose better...
saw a special mouthguard with a small breathing pipe, but not sure where can get one of them
good luck with your search...could always make your own Strap...

GT93
udonmap.com

snoring

Post by GT93 » April 6, 2014, 1:54 pm

Be careful of the snakes maaka if your lady wants you sleeping out in the rice fields when she needs a good night's sleep.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

parrot
udonmap.com

snoring

Post by parrot » April 6, 2014, 2:26 pm

I don't see anything of the sort on Thai websites.....maybe ebay and have it mailed here.

Several years ago I had a problem with my mouth opening up in the middle of the night and waking up in a slobbering pillow case. Don't know what led to that happening, but I sewed a few inches of some wide-strapped velcro to a soft strip of cotton and made my own version of that photo. Not pretty....but it worked. My problem eventually went away and I tossed the strap.
You can buy a wide variety of velcro in the shop almost directly across from the old Ngeesoon on Phosri Rd, slightly to the left as you're facing across the street from Ngeesoon. It's known as 'dteen dtook gaae ตีนตุ๊กแก' literally 'F/U lizard feet'

I'd be willing to bet you could get one of those folks who hem clothes along the street to fashion you one for a song.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

snoring

Post by semperfiguy » April 6, 2014, 2:51 pm

Rono, this item can be purchased on Amazon.com as follows, and they will ship to Thailand. Shipping instructions link also follows:

http://www.amazon.com/Snoring-My-Soluti ... B00CDQY8N4

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/ ... eId=596188

There are also some other alternatives listed on this web page.

Rono, you might want to ask some of the other members if they would like to order this as well, then you could place one order for all.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

maaka
udonmap.com

snoring

Post by maaka » April 6, 2014, 3:01 pm

hate ruddy snakes GT93, had enough of them buggers..
I wont be in the rice field Matey, I will be in my four star man cave, surrounded by my eight motorbikes, my record collection, and umpteen guitars , and collection of rifles, and hunting gear, if I could get them over there. Oh and my appaloosa...seems sad that one might have to forego such masculine trinkets, in order to kip on a tile floor in deepest darkest Isaan...no use for the surfboard either I guess..

Rono
udonmap.com

snoring

Post by Rono » April 7, 2014, 6:56 am

Thanks guys,
Parrot I have the same my mouth opening but no slobbering only a very dry mouth and throat in the mornings, Have to gargle some water before anything.And Velcro we have all kinds here at home. The missus is a "designer".So we could try that . And Semper, I will try the site you suggested again. But a few times they wanted a postcode or a city and when I try to enter some Thai city or Thai address it wasn't accepted. I tried a few.I will try again. Thank y'all

wazza
udonmap.com

snoring

Post by wazza » April 8, 2014, 3:15 am

I would be careful buying these products without some sort of clinical assessment.

Placing obstructions on your face, neck etc, cause restrictions on the anatomical airway and that's whats already causing the snoring ( Stridor ) smaller diameters in the respiratory passages etc

Sleep Disorders can kill - http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-03-24/d ... rt/5340704.

I have also attended a fatality where the Coroner has attributed narcolepsy as the cause of the death. Head on for no reason on a straight stretch of road.

Once an acute sleep disorder is diagnosed they should pull the drivers licence , just like if you have a seizure , and you need a medical clearance to drive again.

http://www.bumrungrad.com/en/sleep-disorders-bangkok

Rono
udonmap.com

snoring

Post by Rono » April 8, 2014, 9:53 am

Hi wazza,
thanks for the concern. But I do not have or been diagnosed with any sleep disorder; yet. I sleep through the night. Only to wake up with a dry mouth and throat. And I do not smoke or use excessive alcohol. so it must be from the snoring with open mouth.

wiking
udonmap.com

snoring

Post by wiking » April 8, 2014, 12:34 pm

the chinese akupuncture in Nongkhai tell thats she can reduce it or nearly take it away - I think she told my freind about 5 times and the price is, I think 200 baht per time - it is worth a try

her telephone number 087 983 1441 and she speak good english

Rono
udonmap.com

snoring

Post by Rono » April 8, 2014, 1:01 pm

"We're sorry. This item can't be shipped to your selected destination. You may either change the shipping address or delete the item from your order"

Hi Semperfiguy, the above statement is what I get when I want to check out on amazon . After I fill in everything and want to pay for the order I get that..!!###@@$^&!@##$

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

snoring

Post by semperfiguy » April 8, 2014, 3:04 pm

Rono wrote:"We're sorry. This item can't be shipped to your selected destination. You may either change the shipping address or delete the item from your order"

Hi Semperfiguy, the above statement is what I get when I want to check out on amazon . After I fill in everything and want to pay for the order I get that..!!###@@$^&!@##$
Sorry about that Rono! They say they ship to Thailand, so it might have something to do with your US credit card with a US billing address conflicting with the Thailand ship to address. That happened to me once before, so I just shipped it to the US and had my sister mail it to me here by US post. That might be worth a shot because the mail rate will be low since the item is very light.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

wazza
udonmap.com

snoring

Post by wazza » April 8, 2014, 3:46 pm

Rono wrote:Hi wazza,
thanks for the concern. But I do not have or been diagnosed with any sleep disorder; yet. I sleep through the night. Only to wake up with a dry mouth and throat. And I do not smoke or use excessive alcohol. so it must be from the snoring with open mouth.
That's a simple reply if your not producing saliva from active activity , your airway / mucous membranes will dry out. Saliva gland aren't as active in your sleep.

Even jogging / exercise regimes ....Some medications , diseases infections ( Gingivitis etc ) , allergies also cause a dry mouth...

People who are on any long term Oxygen therapy need to have humidified therapy, to stop the " drying out" of the airway passages, even when ur on a ventilator for surgery, this is done.

Rono
udonmap.com

snoring

Post by Rono » April 10, 2014, 3:14 pm

Hi semperf.,
some wise guy, or girl, at 'my snoring solution.com', must have thought it was absurd that I could not get the jaw strap in Thailand. I had a mail the day before yesterday, about sending me the item??? (one I did not understand, after the fiasco online)But this afternoon I received the strap at my home address!!??
So tonight I will try it out.

wazza
udonmap.com

snoring

Post by wazza » April 13, 2014, 11:58 pm

zzzzzzzzzzz any update

pompui
udonmap.com

snoring

Post by pompui » April 14, 2014, 6:50 pm

Think it is working bigtime,going to get jawache soon and hunger pains 8)

Rono
udonmap.com

snoring

Post by Rono » April 15, 2014, 9:11 am

Okay, I got the expensive straps from "my snoring solution.com". If you see them you'll not want to give more than 20 bucks for it.
Anyway, first time could not fall asleep with it. So I made a little modification and the last three mornings I woke up WITHOUT DRY TROAT AND MOUTH!!! That was what I was looking for in the first place; I am not sure about the snoring yet. But I am pretty sure that nowadays my mouth stays more or less closed while sleeping

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

snoring

Post by semperfiguy » April 15, 2014, 9:38 am

For those of you who would like to confirm if you are snoring or not....there's an app for that! You can download a free android app from Google Play for your smart phone. The app is called SnoreClock. Itunes has the SnoreLab for iphone and ipads.

Before sleeping set the timer for how many hours you want to record, lay the phone beside the bed and sleep. When you awake in the morning you will be able to play back and listen to your episodes of snoring. It records the entire night on a graph and highlights in red those significant periods of snoring. It also give you a summary of your nights sleep. It is really amazing, and for those of you who may talk in your sleep, it's interesting to hear the conversations all those things that "go bump" in the night.

Return to “Where to Buy Things in Udon”