Poms and Their Soccer Teams

Post by dezzer » April 23, 2014, 12:56 am

Downunderpants , the name is Dezzer,Kow Jai :D

You'll Never Walk Alone L.F.C.

dezzer
udonmap.com

Post by dezzer » April 23, 2014, 1:10 am

Well 747 and Gos don't want to go upsetting the Oz contingent or Mr Spratt , actually I went to the Saliesian Collage where we played Football,and to our Oz friends play nicely and don't spit out your dummies :D

nel123
udonmap.com

Post by nel123 » April 23, 2014, 2:10 am

Dezzer... Are you a Farnborough boy then?

dezzer
udonmap.com

Post by dezzer » April 23, 2014, 2:56 am

Liverpool / Devon/Ireland/Udon ,must be the Gypsy in me,i take there must be a Salesian somewhere in Farnborough Nel ?

downunder
udonmap.com

Post by downunder » April 23, 2014, 7:09 am

Dezzer, sorry for the typo. Football/Soccer whatever you may call it is a game for sissies with very few rules so the Poms can learn them without to much difficulty. Actors, with no pain control, Try playing a mans game. Watching a game of soccer is on par to watching paint dry

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » April 23, 2014, 9:03 am

How do you mean? The people watching the game are sissies or the people playing it? :-k
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

goshawk
udonmap.com

Post by goshawk » April 23, 2014, 9:37 am

downunder wrote:Dezzer, sorry for the typo. Football/Soccer whatever you may call it is a game for sissies with very few rules so the Poms can learn them without to much difficulty. Actors, with no pain control, Try playing a mans game. Watching a game of soccer is on par to watching paint dry
Watching paint dry? i thought you lot just like watching sheep?ive seen documentaries on you guys,getting really excited at shearing time,getting half naked and up close and personnel with those sheep :D

socksy
udonmap.com

Post by socksy » April 23, 2014, 10:06 am

stattointhailand wrote:
jackspratt wrote:
Aardvark wrote:Soccer was a Title given to the game by Private Schools in the UK many years ago. Football is only a recent terminology .... http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j ... CNUcHZ53Ew
So it would seem that dezzer and goshawk are both products of UK private schools. :-k

And all good Aussies know what that means. :shock:

:D
No Jack, what it means is that Aardy has got his so called FACTS wrong again :-$
The boys from down under (pardon the pun) must get a real twitch in their loins whilst watching those blokes running around a pitch chasing an egg in a game of half football half rugby. Just going for my stick to stir up the hornets naest.
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » April 23, 2014, 10:29 am

Wasn't Aussie Rules Football invented because they weren't good enough to score in a standard size goal. They invented a game where the goals are so big it's impossible not to score. :lol: :lol:

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 23, 2014, 10:34 am

Galee wrote:Wasn't Aussie Rules Football invented because they weren't good enough to score in a standard size goal.
Most soccer games I have watched seem to suffer from no goals at all. Doesn't get much more exciting than hanging around for 90 minutes for a 0-0 "result". \:D/

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » April 23, 2014, 10:59 am

jackspratt wrote:
Galee wrote:Wasn't Aussie Rules Football invented because they weren't good enough to score in a standard size goal.
Most soccer games I have watched seem to suffer from no goals at all. Doesn't get much more exciting than hanging around for 90 minutes for a 0-0 "result". \:D/
Doesn't get more boring than when a team scores every time they get the ball.
What's the score now, 110-100, snooze. No wait, someone actually missed, wow, how exciting was that. :D

thaiguzzi
udonmap.com

Post by thaiguzzi » April 23, 2014, 12:10 pm

Galee wrote:
jackspratt wrote:
Doesn't get more boring than when a team scores every time they get the ball.
What's the score now, 110-100, snooze. No wait, someone actually missed, wow, how exciting was that. :D
+1. Excellent.
Australian Rules Football is probably an enjoyable game to play with your mates, just like basketball, another end to end high scoring game. But, just like basketball, (and table tennis), it is so friggin' boring to watch.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 23, 2014, 12:18 pm

As an analogy, it seems the poms would rather watch the tides go in and out (or not) :sleepy: , whereas aussies prefer the swell and constant crashing of the waves. \:D/

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 23, 2014, 1:27 pm

jackspratt wrote:As an analogy, it seems the poms would rather watch the tides go in and out (or not) :sleepy: , whereas aussies prefer the swell and constant crashing of the waves. \:D/
or the Poms prefer to stroll along the shore picking up seashells whereas the aussies prefer to pick up bits of the house that used to be on the cliff :lol:

dezzer
udonmap.com

Post by dezzer » April 23, 2014, 1:58 pm

Australia where men are men, and the sheep are worried,and they share them(The Sheep)Bah bah \:D/

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » April 23, 2014, 2:08 pm

Very civil so far and some classic return of serves.

And to keep it even and not one sided so Aussies are not seen to be only helpfully advising our foreigner mates on how things should be.
I am from the Australian number 1 state of NSW and the half football half soccer game (AFL) referred to is called cross country ballet where I'm from. And they call us rugby union and rugby league blokes bum sniffers, I think because of the scrum formation. :-"

Was it not referred to as the soccer world cup long ago? maybe even way back when England raised the cup?

dezzer
udonmap.com

Post by dezzer » April 23, 2014, 2:24 pm

Touch'e :D

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » April 23, 2014, 5:26 pm

Yawn. I feel bloody old reading this thread.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » April 23, 2014, 5:36 pm

Don't you have an All Black Soccer Team ???

downunder
udonmap.com

Post by downunder » April 23, 2014, 7:17 pm

Dezzer, if you want to comment first get your facts right its the New Zealanders that the jokes about Sheep are all about, not the Aussies. We are Mountain Men, we love mounting women. To be correct '"Where the men are men and the women are so grateful

Return to “World Sports”