Tackling the cost of living

General Udon Thani topics only!
bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » May 30, 2014, 8:30 am

This could really make difference in the average Thai's life

http://www.bangkokpost.com/most-recent/ ... ving-costs

I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

Prenders88
udonmap.com

Post by Prenders88 » May 30, 2014, 10:56 am

I would start a child support agency for feckless runaway fathers, track them down and make them pay for the kids they produce.
If they have a job deduct the money at source, for the village ponce with the motorcycle with no plates, insurance, sell parcels of the family owned land.
Udon Thani, best seen through your car's rear view mirror.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 30, 2014, 12:36 pm

Prenders88 wrote:I would start a child support agency for feckless runaway fathers, track them down and make them pay for the kids they produce.
If they have a job deduct the money at source, for the village ponce with the motorcycle with no plates, insurance, sell parcels of the family owned land.
What about all the runaway mothers then Prenders, you know the one's, have a "joke marriage" to get a few thousand sinsod, sleep with anyone who happens to feel randy/pissed at the time, leave the kids with an aunt/mother/yai and bugger off to the other end of the country without a thought for the kids safety or future :-&

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » May 30, 2014, 3:33 pm

Lets just hope they can get the cost of living down. The other TT ( Tis Thailand )
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » May 30, 2014, 6:29 pm

Prices are on the rise in Canada and other western nations too. It is estimated that the average U.S. family needs $15,000/year to feed itself and will rise to $80,000/year over the next few decades. This is from a news report I saw on CBC last evening. The numbers seems very high so take them with a grain of salt.

http://www.cbc.ca/player/Embedded-Only/ ... 828813988/

http://www.cbc.ca/player/Embedded-Only/ ... 830424323/

I am not sure if these are the ones I saw last night or not.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » May 31, 2014, 10:20 am

I think a lot of western women would abandon their children if there wasn't welfare. There would probably also be a lot more abortions.

I'm more worried about western health systems collapsing with demand from aging populations rather than the rising cost of food.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » May 31, 2014, 11:21 am

Don't know how Thailand will tackle it, probably the way they always have by living off of their extended families. In Oz Paul Keating introduced compulsory Super Annuation in 1985, so anyone joining the Work force from that time will be able to live comfortably in Retirement, and that includes paying for Private Health Insurance and the old pension system will become history.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » May 31, 2014, 11:44 am

A few baht here and there does effect Thai's. Doesn't harm me. Getting better control on pricing is a more effective way of producing spendable income. Spreads across the board better, then pay raises that just run up the cost of living. Even with the 300 baht day some Thai's are still not getting that. Or foreign labor is brought in to reduce the cost. Jobs needed by Thai's are lost. I will stick to a lower cost of living for Thai's. Helping more.

I though it was interesting to note, the 80 K annual figure. I was using that much 12 years ago in L.A.. Child support and the extra the kids needed was a big part of that. But, I was single, paying rent on a one bedroom unfurnished Apartment in Pasadena. Car payments and insurance medical insurance car. I was living well, But, nothing fancy. Right now most would be hard pressed to make 80K a year, in California.

There are lot of people sharing homes and apartments to get by

Working 12 hours days six days a week So that is really not a surprising number to me.

I;m very lucky to be here and retired.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”