SPACE HEATERS AT GLOBAL HOUSE

Have a question or comment about Shopping in Udon Thani? Post it here!
semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » November 23, 2014, 7:09 pm

For those who may have an interest I saw oil-filled radiator type space heaters at Global on the East Ring Rd today. The price is 2990 Baht and they are probably similar in design to the one in the following link; however, the specs may be different since I didn't look that closely. As you enter the turnstile inside the front door, the heaters are directly to the left in the very front. There were only 4 units left that I saw as of today; however, they may have more in stock. These are the only space heaters that I have ever seen in Udon and I have been to all the big hardware stores. Better pick one up before the snow comes!

http://www.homedepot.com/p/DeLonghi-Saf ... 5yc1vZc8od

Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

SanukJoe
udonmap.com

Post by SanukJoe » November 23, 2014, 7:15 pm

Great! Thanks for the tip.

BigBubba
udonmap.com

Post by BigBubba » November 23, 2014, 8:08 pm

Good tip. Last "winter" was hard on the locals... 3 months of high 50 degree weather (fahrenheit). My wife had her wool cap and ear muffs on... INSIDE! Nice to have heat after shower, otherwise very comfortable for me.
Every day I wake up is a good day.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » November 23, 2014, 9:01 pm

Still have the fans on
aircon having a rest

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » November 23, 2014, 9:38 pm

semperfiguy wrote:For those who may have an interest I saw oil-filled radiator type space heaters at Global on the East Ring Rd today. The price is 2990 Baht and they are probably similar in design to the one in the following link; however, the specs may be different since I didn't look that closely. As you enter the turnstile inside the front door, the heaters are directly to the left in the very front. There were only 4 units left that I saw as of today; however, they may have more in stock. These are the only space heaters that I have ever seen in Udon and I have been to all the big hardware stores. Better pick one up before the snow comes!

http://www.homedepot.com/p/DeLonghi-Saf ... 5yc1vZc8od
Have you moved to Buffalo,NY By any chance then.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 24, 2014, 9:36 am

If the weather gets cold I put on another layer, qult on the bed and woollies on me. I have not as yet, broken out the thermals but as I get older I might have to.
The weather her can be as changeable as anywhere, it is thankfully only in wee hours and early mornings that the temperature drop kicks in.
Hot showers coupled with a cuppa, sorts that out, if it is that cold a drop of rum in the coffee worms the cockles. Buying a heater in this country seems a bit over the top like a clothes dryer, brought one over from the UK never used it eventually it died.

If it gets that cold for a loong time every year, I'll put a bloody fireplace in plus a chimney and have a proper fire, electric heating always and will be expensive like air conditioning only the other way around .

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » November 15, 2015, 3:17 pm

It almost pains me to say this......but space heaters are available at Global House. I still have last year's supply of Al Gore approved fire wood, so I won't be needing one.....but if you do, now might be the time to get one.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » November 15, 2015, 6:21 pm

in the + 14 years i have been here ,i have never needed heating ....but for those who do ...
http://www.lazada.co.th/solar-oil-fille ... 18721.html
http://www.lazada.co.th/solar-oil-fille ... 18812.html
and other kind of heaters available ...easy to order as they also have the cash on delivery as payment for most things ,
and they have perfect service ...as info .. ;)

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » November 15, 2015, 9:56 pm

space heater.. . my wife.. have you seen how big she is after baking pies for 5 years , she gives of so much heat she could supply Sweden with heat for 10 years if she slept there for a week, in fact I think she's responsible for global warming. but seriously why would you need a space heater ?
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 16, 2015, 8:51 am

Agree Papa-farang, why the hell do you need a space heater, only someone with a serious illness and requires to be kept warm needs one and there is plenty of walking heaters around.

dingdong
udonmap.com

Post by dingdong » November 16, 2015, 9:05 am

Thank you for the information "semperfiguy" that is what this forum should be all about, Information for others, BRAVO

Putting POSITVE replies are well appreciated, wanted and deserved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope this helps
Ding

Joshuatom

Post by Joshuatom » August 15, 2016, 4:00 pm

The DIY place across the ring road from Global House - whats it called, Home something?

Return to “Udon Thani Shopping”