Ozzie TV satellite SN-19

General Udon Thani topics only!
Mudguard
udonmap.com

Ozzie TV satellite SN-19

Post by Mudguard » December 1, 2014, 3:00 pm

Ozzie TV Satellite SN-19 has now been discontinued...I have been told by ABC PLUS, that it is now only available through True Visions. This is because of cuts by Abbot the liar... :^o :^o :^o

Now, I have not heard of a pleasant remark about T Visions..over the years I have been here.. :roll:

Has anyone changed to T Visions yet?.. If so, what did you have to do and how much did it cost please? 8)

I live in the middle of nowhere, and have to travel 65klm return to Swang Dain Din town.. Cheers, Mudguard. :D

Somchai499
udonmap.com

Ozzie TV satellite SN-19

Post by Somchai499 » December 1, 2014, 3:13 pm

I noticed today that Homecable does not carry Australia Plus as of today.

I am ready to ditch Homecable if I can find an alternative.

Are you guys and girls on TrueVisions still receive Australia Plus OK?

Nong Bua Dave
udonmap.com

Ozzie TV satellite SN-19

Post by Nong Bua Dave » December 1, 2014, 4:05 pm

If you have a dish (as we do) the Australia Plus website provides details of moving to Intelsat 18. I haven't had a chance to check it yet (and with no AFL for a couple of months Im not in a big hurry.
If you scroll down to the bottom of the page, you will see the info.
http://tv.australiaplus.com/tuning

Also we have True Hi-speed internet with a fibre optic cable to the street ( even better than Malcolm's "fibre to the node', eh). A couple of months ago they contacted us so as to provide a basic True IPTV service for no extra charge. Surprise, surprise it has Australia Plus! So, I like True!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Ozzie TV satellite SN-19

Post by jackspratt » December 1, 2014, 4:08 pm

It is available on Intelsat (Lyngsat) 18, if you can get your dish pointing low enough on the horizon to catch the signal.

http://tv.australiaplus.com/tuning

Intelsat 19 is at 166 degrees (ie to the east of Thailand). 18 is at 180 degrees, or even further east, and therefore lower on the horizon.

I am considering trying to move my dish to see if it will catch 18, but reviewing what other channels are available ( http://www.lyngsat.com/Intelsat-18.html ) it will be pretty much ABC Australia Plus, and nothing else. At least on 19 you can also get BBC, NYK (Japan) and YTN (Korea).

edit: Dave beat me with some of the info.

Dave - do you have True optic fibre, or cable?

Nong Bua Dave
udonmap.com

Ozzie TV satellite SN-19

Post by Nong Bua Dave » December 1, 2014, 4:34 pm

I am no techie, but I think it is optic fibre. The guy came and put a splitter in so one cable goes to the modem and the other to the TV box.
Maybe you can tell me ?

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Ozzie TV satellite SN-19

Post by jackspratt » December 1, 2014, 4:38 pm

Easiest way is probably to google the model number of your modem.

I have also noticed that True fibre is horrendously expensive compared to the more reasonably priced cable.

Nong Bua Dave
udonmap.com

Ozzie TV satellite SN-19

Post by Nong Bua Dave » December 1, 2014, 7:49 pm

It is a Thompson TCW 750-4 Modem /Router
We got it when still living in Bangkok when we put in the True Hi-Speed Internet service.
Then we transferred it to here.
I am under the impression what we have is fibre optic cable from our house to a box on the street.
In any case considering we didn't pay any more for the IPTV and the internet is reasonably reliable - if a little slow at times - I figure it's a good deal

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Ozzie TV satellite SN-19

Post by jackspratt » December 1, 2014, 8:04 pm

Seems to be a cable modem Dave ie not fibre optic.

http://www.speedguide.net/routers/techn ... eless-1298

Cable is part of the proposed Australian MTM (Malcolm's Terrible Mess) setup - other parts are wireless/satellite/FTTN/FTTP.

Strange part is, he (NBNCo) hasn't yet been able to buy Telstra's and Optus's cable network which is essential for the plan. Neither has he yet struck a deal with Telstra to buy their aging and decaying copper, which is essential for the FTTN part of the plan.

One thing is for sure, it ain't ever gunna be a true NBN (National Broadband Network) as originally planned and instigated by the previous government. :evil:

Nong Bua Dave
udonmap.com

Ozzie TV satellite SN-19

Post by Nong Bua Dave » December 1, 2014, 8:16 pm

Thanks for the comment Jack.
Think I'll keep telling mates back home it's "fibre optic" (but what you say makes sense).
All I know is it seems faster than what we had in Bangkok and at least as fast as at my son's place in Melbourne.
So, I'll keep stirring them...
I have been sort of keeping up with the NBN and what a farce it is...among lots of others back home right now.
As long as I've got it up and running before the AFL starts again, life is good Go Dees!

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Ozzie TV satellite SN-19

Post by Bandung_Dero » December 2, 2014, 6:33 am

Somchai499 wrote:I noticed today that Homecable does not carry Australia Plus as of today.

I am ready to ditch Homecable if I can find an alternative.

Are you guys and girls on TrueVisions still receive Australia Plus OK?
As I told Jack TrueVisions Satellite does not carry the ABC (yet) it is available on their Cable network at channel 149 (well that is what it was last week, we all know they swap their channel locations regularly :-k )
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

downunder
udonmap.com

Ozzie TV satellite SN-19

Post by downunder » December 2, 2014, 7:37 am

Today I have representative from True coming to explain to me how I can combine my Internet connection with True Cable TV for B1200 per month. They will change the existing Internet connection with Fiber Optic and install the TV package, which includes Australia Plus, and will be able to alter Thai to English and vice versa. My combined payment now is B650 for internet and B300 a total of B950. The extra B250 will be worth it to have the footy. I will keep you informed later this afternoon. DU

Nong Bua Dave
udonmap.com

Ozzie TV satellite SN-19

Post by Nong Bua Dave » December 2, 2014, 9:36 am

Australia Plus is currently on Channel 170 with True. But as Dero pointed out, True often re sequence their channels.
It looks like the feed is coming from Malaysia, because some programs have what seems to be Bahasa text on screen.
Will be good to hear Bruce Macaveny say "Gee whiz" during an AFL game in Bahasa!!555

downunder
udonmap.com

Ozzie TV satellite SN-19

Post by downunder » December 2, 2014, 11:41 am

Can alter Language to English with a simple click with the remote control.

Nong Bua Dave
udonmap.com

Ozzie TV satellite SN-19

Post by Nong Bua Dave » December 2, 2014, 12:28 pm

Bruce in English is still a dag...GO DEES!

downunder
udonmap.com

Ozzie TV satellite SN-19

Post by downunder » December 2, 2014, 2:53 pm

What was said over the phone was in fact completely different to the Representative who today came to my house. Price increased from B1199 to B1990 before Vat. I once had Infosat that was especially fixed to the Australia Plus Channel, I still have the decoder and remote control. Needs Dish.

Nong Bua Dave
udonmap.com

Ozzie TV satellite SN-19

Post by Nong Bua Dave » December 2, 2014, 3:06 pm

Falang Price ?
I would check it with head office, if I was you.
We got what we were promised and at no extra cost.
My wife dealt with them.
The account is in her name and I stayed in the background.

downunder
udonmap.com

Ozzie TV satellite SN-19

Post by downunder » December 2, 2014, 5:38 pm

Dave, what did you get and how much. Was the aussie channel included. DU

Nong Bua Dave
udonmap.com

Ozzie TV satellite SN-19

Post by Nong Bua Dave » December 2, 2014, 6:03 pm

If my memory serves me well (which it does sometimes, still), I think we pay about THB 767 per month. When we moved from Bangkok last year, we transferred the account to here and in the move I can't find the paperwork.
But my wife tells me it's a 16GB package with fibre optic cable. Last month True contacted her and said they would come and install IPTV for no extra cost - which they did.
She did tip the tech guys for good service, though!
Sorry to not be as specific as I perhaps would be back in Oz, with something like this, but sometimes I find it works best not get too involved and try and sort it in a falang way!!

Somchai499
udonmap.com

Ozzie TV satellite SN-19

Post by Somchai499 » December 2, 2014, 8:22 pm

True advertised a bundle of internet access (30 Mbps), 'Enjoy' package TV (which they say includes Australia Plus) plus some kind of mobile phone plan for THB 799 per month.

http://trueonline.truecorp.co.th/produc ... 2525?ln=en

Sounds like a deal to me. Has any of you signed-up to this and what is your experience?

I plan to explore this offer next week and will report back.

wazza
udonmap.com

Ozzie TV satellite SN-19

Post by wazza » December 2, 2014, 9:12 pm

Im going to stick my head out here and say No footie in 2015 , as the networks in oz, will not give it away under this new contract etc

Im hope im wrong

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”