Red Fanta (sometimes green)

Thai Society and culture, Living in Thailand.
parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » January 26, 2015, 8:45 pm

I took lots of photos at the agriculture fair in Khonkaen today.....but took this one because it made me think about what happens to the thousands (possibly hundreds of thousands) of bottles of red Fanta that are offered up to appease the spirits each day in Thailand. And, why is it that bottles of the super sweet soda can sit unattended for hours without being invaded by ants? Would the same thing happen in your kitchen if you spilled a bit on the counter and didn't wipe it up? And finally, does anyone ever order red Fanta for drinking?
Just a few of the things that left me wondering today at the fairgrounds.
Attachments
20150126_122228.jpg

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » January 26, 2015, 8:56 pm

What were your impressions of the fair ? Can you give us a brief description..? Any special events during the week ?
BTW my friend s sister drinks RED - GREEN - BLUE fanta .. she buy the 2 L format
Thanks.

Shado
udonmap.com

Post by Shado » January 26, 2015, 9:18 pm

Yes, I see the Fanta bottles regularly that have been set out for the pii. Just a bit off topic, but my wife also buys a Thai soft drink called สปอนเซอร์ (Sponsor) for the monks when she goes to the wat. I've tried it and once was enough for me but the monks seem to prefer that one for some reason. Maybe it's an energy booster, I'm not sure.

old-timer
udonmap.com

Post by old-timer » January 26, 2015, 9:20 pm

OT drinks red fanta and your right - it is super sweet. I drink 2 small plastic bottles per day. I started drinking 7up when I gave up drinking alcohol but one day I tried the red fanta and have drank it daily ever since. It's delicious, burp!

OT.......with a red tongue........ \:D/

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » January 26, 2015, 9:25 pm

Shado wrote:Yes, I see the Fanta bottles regularly that have been set out for the pii. Just a bit off topic, but my wife also buys a Thai soft drink called สปอนเซอร์ (Sponsor) for the monks when she goes to the wat. I've tried it and once was enough for me but the monks seem to prefer that one for some reason. Maybe it's an energy booster, I'm not sure.

Sponsor is more like a sports drink as it contains electrolytes, but I think it's also referred to as an energy drink.
Last edited by papaguido on January 26, 2015, 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » January 26, 2015, 9:31 pm

the-monk wrote:What were your impressions of the fair ? Can you give us a brief description..? Any special events during the week ?
BTW my friend s sister drinks RED - GREEN - BLUE fanta .. she buy the 2 L format
Thanks.
http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/k ... nomobile=1

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » January 26, 2015, 9:36 pm

old-timer wrote:OT drinks red fanta and your right - it is super sweet. I drink 2 small plastic bottles per day. I started drinking 7up when I gave up drinking alcohol but one day I tried the red fanta and have drank it daily ever since. It's delicious, burp!

OT.......with a red tongue........ \:D/

What?!? Is this true? No wonder you are going to do a lethal back flip off the back of your chair in 12 years.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Return to “Society and culture”