Falang in Udon Police Station

General Udon Thani topics only!
GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » December 12, 2014, 12:33 pm

Officially change your name back home, get a new passport and return to Thailand ASAP. Is Thai Immigration sophisticated enough to detect this? I suspect not. If someone has the hots for Thailand, this is one possible course of action.

Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

old-timer
udonmap.com

Post by old-timer » December 12, 2014, 1:23 pm

The really bad physical DT's only last for about a week so he should be over that by now. The demons will still be in his head to have a drink a good few weeks after he gets his freedom back, it's only him that will decide what to do during those weeks.
OT doesn't think anything for this fella because I don't know him, If he goes back to his old ways it's up to him but then things will probably get worse. He looks quite respectable on Linkin.

OT.................... \:D/

dezzer
udonmap.com

Post by dezzer » December 12, 2014, 3:07 pm

socksy wrote:
dezzer wrote:
socksy wrote:
fredwilliams wrote:Call me ole but naming someone their former employer ans their drug/booze addiction should be against forum rules.
I agreee with not naming former employees but agree that this guys ID should be revealed although not all of his previous misdemeanours are revealed in depth. I for one, am now aware of who he is and will not be 'roped in' to assist him in the future whereas I may have previously without prior knowledge.
With respect no one was asking you to get roped into anything, and you are on about his past, had he done anything to upset you in any way ? or are you just poking your nose in, don't forget there's good and bad in all of us ,of course you are entitled to your say, the way I read your post is you are very anti this guy for some reason.
Dezzer. If I'm poking my nose in I would suggest that most posts in an 'open forum' are effectively doing the same. Forum's are for opinions and discussions or am I missing the point? By what I have read, this gentleman has received help in the past. I am not anti this guy whatsoever. There are many discussions here about people being duped for money by Thai wives/GF's and to me this geezer seemsto have done the same - sadly for alcohol. Would you give a junkie begging on the street money for his next fix? I honestly feel sorry for the bloke. =;
Socksy I was unaware of the guys previous history re:he had help in the past ,I have known the guy for over7 years and in that time I was unaware like I stated, that he was being helped by others I on occasions have lent him money and he always repaid me back, that is why I asked if you were anti this guy, apologies if offended you, yes true forums etc are for opinions, but a lot of people use them to slate off other people and some that can't reciprocate like in the case of the aforementioned , regards Dezzer ;)
You'll Never Walk Alone L.F.C.

socksy
udonmap.com

Post by socksy » December 13, 2014, 7:16 am

No problems Dezzer. Good luck. 'Socksy'
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

dezzer
udonmap.com

Post by dezzer » December 13, 2014, 3:22 pm

Nice one Socksy :D
You'll Never Walk Alone L.F.C.

Teacher Dan
udonmap.com

Post by Teacher Dan » January 11, 2015, 4:20 pm

Macca wrote:Has he managed to get in touch with any family or friends for financial support. if required.
If he hasn't got the money for a ticket back home then he ain't go anywhere even after his sentence is done.
As mentioned earlier, a friend who recently spent 51 days in detention informed me of a number of foreigners who have spent over 2 years, majority of which was post sentence, waiting to go home but no means to pay.
Finally, someone one this thread with some common sense and a little less personal judgment. I've known Adrian for many years and have tried to help him (as have some others I know here), and many people seem quick to judge without any real concern for his well-being. I don't know how much family support Adrian has anymore as I've been told some things by him in confidentiality about how some of his family have treated him in the past. While it is true that Adrian had problems with alcohol--serious problems that I wish I had been able to help--but as for some of the other slag cast against him, he borrowed money from me at times and always paid me back and to be honest he was always one person I trusted when I worked with him in the past--much more trustworthy than many who came to that school after up until my departure.

I watched Adrian's battle and downfall at school firsthand for more than 5 years as I was there with him until the end and having had alcoholic parents and an alcoholic sister, I know that the first step an alcoholic has to take on their own is that THEY have to realize they have a problem and unfortunately I was never able to help Adrian see that for himself. I do hope his stay in jail helps him shake that monkey off his back, but that can only happen if he realizes the monkey is there to begin with. While I quit drinking by my own choice some years back and had no real difficulties doing so, I do understand about alcoholism and those who blame it completely on Adrian (the som nom na and karma) comments should perhaps look at themselves before they cast stones in the future as it is a real disease, whether self-inflicted initially or not, and like a real disease needs treatment and compassion.

Thanks Sport for the info about him going to BKK and then home as I was concerned about that and was going to try to find out if there was a way to contact him and help him in that regard if necessary as I believe for Adrian, his healing will have to begin at home as I think that is the root of many of the problems he's had. I hope for the best for him as when he is sober, he's a good man and a good friend, but when that Devil drink gets a hold of him.....
“In an age of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. You reap what you sow--if you treat me with respect, I respond in kind; but if you insult or disrespect me, I treat you with the contempt your deserve."

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » February 18, 2015, 12:01 pm

GT93 wrote:Officially change your name back home, get a new passport and return to Thailand ASAP. Is Thai Immigration sophisticated enough to detect this? I suspect not. If someone has the hots for Thailand, this is one possible course of action.
There was a case some years ago , He didn't even have a passport, the police grabbed him for fighting in the street ( normal for him ) they told him to sort his passport out and Visa , and gave him 3 months to do it , clever cnt ,,,, wot they gunna do bout it ,,,Ha they grabbed him again , straight down to BKK , & out of the country, He get's a new passport and comes back, they wait till he's through customs and arrest him , banged up in the hilton , ( the last part of this back in thailand , i got of his brother in law the rest i was witness to , )havn't heard anything since , 2008 , so the answer is yes they are sophisticated enough to do it =D>

JMT42
udonmap.com

Post by JMT42 » February 18, 2015, 1:03 pm

I don't know about every embassy but I do know about Canada and the UK. There is an attitude the staff has that they are there to play golf and drink expensive scotch with the local nobs. This may be true for the senior officials but when this attitude permeates down to the lowest clerk and they have no time to help out their nationals I find it very annoying.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » February 18, 2015, 3:10 pm

10 years ago thy were a little slow not wishing to get to grips with the problem, little or no experience and lack of the ways and means. I must say they have come on in leaps and bounds, they are sophisticated enough to even being able to access computors to deal with Immigration issues, therefore the Police records are also linked to together. I have heard, not that I have any first hand knowledge but will find out in April, that Passport records are available through the national police computor in the Uk therefore it is relatively easy for them to check up on your history that will include changing names, plus we forget the tightening up on travellers and their ID's due to the emergence of nasty people ISIL and Al Queda to name a a couple, so records of passengers and staff are available before take off from the UK to anyone who wants it legally.It is part of the big brother system that many hate but it does serve to keep us reasonably safe and the downside is for those that need to hide their ID, it is getting really difficult to do it.

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » February 19, 2015, 12:01 am

Adrian happily departed Thailand on the 10 February 2015, as he was boarding the flight, his last words were "I'll be back".

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » February 19, 2015, 4:43 pm

OMG !!!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 19, 2015, 5:13 pm

If it's in 10 yrs time, I doubt it will matter much to me one way or the other 8-[

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 19, 2015, 11:09 pm

Khun Paul wrote:OMG !!!
I knew Adrain for a few years and wish him well for the future , never had a problem with him at all ... in fact he was a funny guy who added a bit of atmos to the bar .. i for one hope he makes a full recovery turns his life round and returns to Thailand / Udon in my life time as would like to say well done for the doing so ... hes is one smart guy and im sure he WILL BE BACK.

Good luck
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”