2015 Aussie Rules season

General sports news and discussions.
GT93
udonmap.com

2015 Aussie Rules season

Post by GT93 » March 25, 2015, 6:44 am

Given wazza might be in Timbuktu and hundreds of kilometres from internet access, I thought I'd start the thread for 2015. It's not long before Richmond roll over Carlton in the first game of the 2015 season. I expect this season that many of the big stories will again be off the field stories.

Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

grievous
udonmap.com

2015 Aussie Rules season

Post by grievous » March 25, 2015, 7:01 am

And the drugged up Bombers saga rolls on for another season. About time it was sorted one way or another. Feeling sorry for the Demons supporters as they couldn't even beat the Bombers with a team of juniors and retired players, it's about time those poor buggers had some success.

GT93
udonmap.com

2015 Aussie Rules season

Post by GT93 » March 25, 2015, 7:26 am

Yes, I'm totally fed up with the Bombers cheating saga. I hope they get whacked a fair sanction and that this is the last season of this rubbish. I fear it won't be. I almost don't care what happens to the Bombers on the playing field this season. I just want this rubbish put to bed so the club can have a normal 2016 even if there are some suspensions for parts or all of this season.

And I'd love just about anyone but the Hawks to win the premiership this year. Perhaps not Carlton as their trophy cabinet is a bit big. :D

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

2015 Aussie Rules season

Post by Bandung_Dero » March 25, 2015, 9:11 am

Being as though I change the team I barrack for regularly can't see why I don't do it again this year.

Port Adelaide could give em a shake up this season so I'll give em a go. :-k
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

marjamlew
udonmap.com

2015 Aussie Rules season

Post by marjamlew » March 25, 2015, 9:43 am

Dogs will win the flag. Marcus Bontempelli the Brownlow and Tom Boyd the goalkicking :D Well it is still March \:D/
Watch Me!!

GT93
udonmap.com

2015 Aussie Rules season

Post by GT93 » March 25, 2015, 1:04 pm

More Bombers litigation, more great stories from Caro, Wayne Carey's great come back to continue, Mad Mick to still be really prickly, Ben Cousins still to be in the news for the wrong reasons, Kevin Sheedy to add more lunacy at Essendon and Kennett to keep on being Kennett ...

downunder
udonmap.com

2015 Aussie Rules season

Post by downunder » March 25, 2015, 3:23 pm

GT, You will see a new Mick this year, his interview after the Geelong game was a complete change of attitude mainly he was sanctioned by the Pres. to change his manner. I secretly think you would want to be a Carlton supporter GT, eg.. Staying with the strength. Give the Blues a couple more years?

grievous
udonmap.com

2015 Aussie Rules season

Post by grievous » March 25, 2015, 9:02 pm

Bombers Insider Tells all

https://youtu.be/_TcZikqG654

GT93
udonmap.com

2015 Aussie Rules season

Post by GT93 » March 26, 2015, 12:42 am

Yes, very good grievous. I think that was the plan and I would think Hird used to articulate that in posher language to the inner circle at the Bombers. I was thinking this morning if the BBC can get rid of Clarkson, surely the AFL can get rid of Hird.

No, I'm not a secret Carlton supporter downunder. I also like the Doggies, the Tigers and the Kangaroos. The only team I really hate is the Hawks. Carlton and Collingwood are amongst my least liked teams. I used to hate Carlton when John Elliott ruled the roost there.

I see Nick Stevens is going where he belongs. Amongst the violence, he breaches an intervention order 2,500 times and he gets a wet bus ticket. It would seem being an ex-AFL player helped him avoid a longer stretch inside.

Barney
udonmap.com

2015 Aussie Rules season

Post by Barney » March 26, 2015, 7:47 am

I'll bring this thread back to a serious note and presume that, my insider info that the blues will be top 4 this year is common knowledge. But good luck to the also rans.

GT93
udonmap.com

2015 Aussie Rules season

Post by GT93 » March 26, 2015, 7:52 am

Wow. I might die of laughter when you're trying to be humorous Barney. I think that would be about as likely as Tony Mokbel escaping and going on the run again. :D

Barney
udonmap.com

2015 Aussie Rules season

Post by Barney » March 26, 2015, 8:00 am

GT93 wrote:Wow. I might die of laughter when you're trying to be humorous Barney. I think that would be about as likely as Tony Mokbel escaping and going on the run again. :D

Fairdinkum, I'm sick of not being taken seriously. :lol:
But to be really really serious now, we'll be looking over our tall blue shoulders to see who will be challenging us come September. :roll:
Good luck to all other grafters this year and may your teams at least have their theme song blasted over the PA at the final siren. \:D/

downunder
udonmap.com

2015 Aussie Rules season

Post by downunder » March 26, 2015, 3:18 pm

FEV IS BACK AT CARLTON

CARLTON will officially welcome Brendan Fevola back into the fold as part of its pre-game celebrations ahead of its round one clash with Richmond at the MCG next Thursday night.

Fevola kicked the third most goals in Carlton's history (575) in 187 games over 11 seasons before being traded to the Brisbane Lions at the end of 2009.

The mercurial spearhead was always a fan favourite at Ikon Park, but the Blues eventually lost their patience with him after a string of off-field incidents.

All will be forgiven next Thursday night when Fevola delivers the game ball to the umpires along with former Tiger Shane Tuck.

trekkertony
udonmap.com

2015 Aussie Rules season

Post by trekkertony » March 26, 2015, 5:57 pm

Before GT93 jumps into the fray to lambaste Fevola and Malthouse, l am happy to challenge him to a night on the piss at DM's UTTB if the Western Bulldogs get within 2 games of Carlton by season's end. Are you up for the challenge GT93 ?
Whilst Malthouse is not everyone's cup of tea he is getting all his ducks in a row.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

2015 Aussie Rules season

Post by jackspratt » March 26, 2015, 6:12 pm

trekkertony wrote: Whilst Malthouse is not everyone's cup of tea he is getting all his ducks in a row.
He certainly had a reputation in Perth for getting a lot of old ducks lined up. :D

downunder
udonmap.com

2015 Aussie Rules season

Post by downunder » March 26, 2015, 6:30 pm

More Smut from the Master. You are like a Leprechaun Jack, hit, giggle and run, like the aggits on your Avatar. Very handsome man in those days was Mick.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

2015 Aussie Rules season

Post by jackspratt » March 26, 2015, 6:47 pm

downunder wrote: You are like a Leprechaun Jack,.........
That's an interesting observation, coming from Little Jack Horner. :-k

I thought you had a plum on your thumb, but it seems rather that you have a chip on your shoulder. :D

GT93
udonmap.com

2015 Aussie Rules season

Post by GT93 » March 27, 2015, 1:02 am

Downunder posted this on another thread after I wound him up by stating he might like another poster if the poster was a Carlton and Malthouse supporter:

"GT, have you got a phobia about Mick Malthouse, what has he got to do with this thread, sometimes when you do not know the answers you will say anything. Give Mick a rest and pick on a real deserver of consistent ridicule in James Hird who really deserves your attention."

I agree Hird is in a league of infamy on his own and that he has done great harm to the game and his club. Malthouse is just a colourful (and distinguished) character who invites some piss taking. I hope he pulls up his socks this year. I know the Carlton hierarchy have asked him to do that. He's a fun story in his own right. You can settle down - I don't think he's an infamous villain. Hird doesn't belong in the game.

Getting into the eight is becoming more difficult the longer the Suns and Giants have been around. So clubs such as Carlton find it more difficult each year to make the eight. I think they will struggle to make the eight. I don't fancy the bet for the Doggies trekkertony.

I quite like Fev. I read his book after I saw it at a library in Auckland. I am glad he's being welcomed back to Carlton. It took a lot of guts to cut him when Carlton did.

downunder
udonmap.com

2015 Aussie Rules season

Post by downunder » March 27, 2015, 4:09 am

GT, you are becoming boring, full of senseless information, for a Kiwi who knows more about Australia than Australians in every aspect, it would be a change if you said something you knew something about, not the type written diarrhea you continually go on and on about. D.U.

GT93
udonmap.com

2015 Aussie Rules season

Post by GT93 » March 27, 2015, 1:08 pm

You have a good day too downunder. I don't get many opportunities to talk AFL, so yes there will be some written diarrhea. I only started following Aussie Rules in 1998 so I probably get a bit excited at the start of the season like you did 50+ years ago.

I see a former Hawk who didn't play an AFL game has gone down for murder:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-03-27/d ... er/6352932

He makes Hirdie and Ben Cousins look like boy scouts.

NB to GT: make fewer references to Carlton :D

Return to “World Sports”