Anti Slip Paint.

Looking for a something in particular but don't know where to buy it? Try asking here...
udonman
udonmap.com

Anti Slip Paint.

Post by udonman » April 24, 2015, 6:34 pm

Any members seen an Anti Slip paint for sale in Udon.. I want to paint some tiles in the driveway..

Thanks.

Macca
udonmap.com

Anti Slip Paint.

Post by Macca » April 24, 2015, 8:20 pm

Got a great tip a while back when had to deal with wooden boards around a pool.
A fine sprinkling of sand on the freshly painted area works wonders.

ting_tong
udonmap.com

Anti Slip Paint.

Post by ting_tong » April 24, 2015, 8:35 pm

salt is what boaters use, or walnut shells, throw it from 6 feet away so it wont clump

jackson
udonmap.com

Anti Slip Paint.

Post by jackson » April 24, 2015, 10:10 pm

I you use normal sand it will wear and break often leaving a discolored surface BUT if you use White pure silica sand you wont have the dirty look after a while .We used it on trawlers extensively. Not sure where you would get it though.
Home Hub has some very good pamphtets on SIKA products. SIKA are world used, excellent products

tigerryan
udonmap.com

Anti Slip Paint.

Post by tigerryan » April 26, 2015, 1:47 am

I did it once using the old fashion method of broadcasting sugar over the final coat of paint it creates pore spaces and texture to the paint and the sugar just washes away. I was surprised at how well it worked also it was really easy to touch up after a few years. You could experiment on a small section. I was worried that I was making a ant highway with the sugar but nothing came of it.

udonman
udonmap.com

Anti Slip Paint.

Post by udonman » April 26, 2015, 2:12 am

Thanks for the info tygerryan.
What I'm looking for is an anti-slip coating to go over tiles at the front of the house; once the tiles are wet they are lethal slip hazards. I know there is a clear coating which can be applied on the tiles to eliminate slipping. Whether it works or not is another story, however before breaking up all the tiles and re tiling with a tile which has more traction I would like to try the mentioned coating. But where can I get this without shipping it in??
I've tried a few places in Udon with no luck.

tigerryan
udonmap.com

Anti Slip Paint.

Post by tigerryan » April 26, 2015, 9:39 am

Just a though you could test a little section with muratic acid if it has a super glossy refactory ceramic finish paint might not stick to it well without etching it first anyway you don't want it to peel and go to hell right after painting. Possibly etching could fix the issue without painting and it would only cost a mop and a few bucks.

samuel
udonmap.com

Anti Slip Paint.

Post by samuel » April 26, 2015, 10:31 am

i would first try at BEGER, which is opposite "global house" at the ring road.
they sell all kinds of paints.
if you have a picture from the internet of what you're looking for then bring it and show it there. makes it easier to understand.
if it's not on stock there, they might order it for you.
Google Street View > Link

ore use YouTube on your smartphone to explain:

ting_tong
udonmap.com

Anti Slip Paint.

Post by ting_tong » April 26, 2015, 11:04 am

tigerryan wrote:I did it once using the old fashion method of broadcasting sugar over the final coat of paint it creates pore spaces and texture to the paint and the sugar just washes away. I was surprised at how well it worked also it was really easy to touch up after a few years. You could experiment on a small section. I was worried that I was making a ant highway with the sugar but nothing came of it.

thats why I recommend salt, the porous craters left make for good traction

Gar
udonmap.com

Re: Anti Slip Paint.

Post by Gar » April 27, 2015, 12:48 pm

It is not paint, but Home Pro has anti slip clear tape back near the paint section with all the other tapes. I just used some in my bathroom and it works well on tile. It is spendy, around 1000 baht per roll.

sunwavessand
udonmap.com

Post by sunwavessand » January 26, 2018, 9:57 am

You could try to use a non-slip paving paint. Not too sure if it'll work but you could check with the company Pool Master Swimming Pool Thailand. I got my pool paint and primer from them. You could contact them to confirm if they offer what you're looking for and also ask for any recommendations. They're pretty dependable.

Airportwo
udonmap.com

Post by Airportwo » January 27, 2018, 8:45 am

This is what we use for non slip decks offshore http://www.hempel.com/en/products/hempe ... lint-67500 just add to paint, last years. For tiles maybe better of going with acid?
Cheers

Return to “Where to Buy Things in Udon”