USA Visa

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
d1gromet
udonmap.com

USA Visa

Post by d1gromet » May 10, 2015, 11:29 am

we asked for two month stay when we applied. My wife and son just got their passport back with USA Visa approve for (10) years. My question is do we just show up at US airport and, they (custom/immigration) will give us papers as to how long we can stay? I have lived here and married for six years and first time we have ask for visa to USA.

Shado
udonmap.com

USA Visa

Post by Shado » May 10, 2015, 12:01 pm

When the wife and I visited the States we stayed for 3 months.

I'm assuming you are a USA citizen. You will get your entry card(s) to fill out on your plane. At your entry point you should go to the USA citizens immigration counter (not the foreigner queue) as a family due the fact that information on the card(s) will indicate that you are together. I believe my wife got a 6 months stamp in her Thai passport. You will not be given any papers.

When you return to Thailand, you will not get an exit stamp in your passports. However, you should show your wife's and son's visa at your airline representative's counter. They will record that you have left the USA.

Our trip was a couple of years ago. I'm not aware of any changes but perhaps someone with a more recent experience can confirm or provide updated info.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

USA Visa

Post by semperfiguy » May 10, 2015, 1:09 pm

d1gromet, I am a US Citizen and my Thai wife obtained a 10 year multiple entry visa in 2013. We traveled to the US in Sept 2013 and our US Immigration port of entry was Washington, DC. As we entered the Immigration area there were two queues, one for US citizens and one for foreigners with visas, so reluctantly we had to separate. As I approached my immigration officer's booth he evidently had noticed that I kept looking toward the other queue area for my wife, so he asked me to call her over. Then he very politely and respectfully processed us both at the same time. Therefore, I tend to agree with Shado that it's probably best that the two of you line up for US citizens and you can present your case once in front of the Immigration officer. Your wife and son are entitled to stay in the US as long as 6 months but it is "at the discretion of the Immigration officer". I asked for only two weeks and I believe he stamped her in for 3 months. I don't see any reason why your family won't be able to get the full six months unless the officer is for some reason suspicious of your intentions; however, just be advised that the term limit is his final decision. You will not be given any documentation that tells you what to do since the instructions are fairly clear on the websites that you used to obtain the visas. The only confusing issue is whether or not you should separate or stay together once you enter immigration. If I had to do it over again I would keep my wife by my side. Other immigration port of entries may have different signage telling you how to line up.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

can123
udonmap.com

USA Visa

Post by can123 » May 10, 2015, 2:26 pm

Two queues in the UK as well. So, the obvious answer for me when my Thai wife entered the UK for the first time was for us both to queue in the longer Foreigners' line. There could be no objection from the Immigration Official as all he had to do was to look at my passport and process her. We were treated with courtesy as we had adopted a common sense approach. Smiles all around :)

pal52
udonmap.com

USA Visa

Post by pal52 » May 10, 2015, 3:03 pm

Two queues in the UK as well. So, the obvious answer for me when my Thai wife entered the UK for the first time was for us both to queue in the longer Foreigners' line. There could be no objection from the Immigration Official as all he had to do was to look at my passport and process her. We were treated with courtesy as we had adopted a common sense approach. Smiles all around

So which queue did you go into for the UK. The 2 previous posts for the US stated they could go into the shorter US citizen queue.

can123
udonmap.com

USA Visa

Post by can123 » May 10, 2015, 3:40 pm

We used the longer Foreigner's queue. No immigration official is going to refuse me entry just because I am accompanying my wife and helping her. It was reasonable for me to help her in view of her limited English skills at that time. It was more important for me to help rather than to place myself in the shorter queue.

randerson79
udonmap.com

USA Visa

Post by randerson79 » May 10, 2015, 4:52 pm

I flew into San Francisco last month with my girlfriend. She entered on a tourist visa. I asked at the beginning of immigration. They advised us to go to the foreigner line. It was her first trip to the U.S. And was given a stamp for six months.

d1gromet
udonmap.com

USA Visa

Post by d1gromet » May 11, 2015, 12:07 am

Thank's every one.Yes I am from US. we are only going to stay for a month/five weeks, Do not want son to miss to much school. I am happy to here what people have to say.

mak
udonmap.com

USA Visa

Post by mak » October 3, 2015, 2:48 pm

Thai citizen applying for a US tourist visa. Fee has to be paid at Krungsri Bank. Is there a form that is required to give to the bank?

430xc
udonmap.com

USA Visa

Post by 430xc » October 4, 2015, 7:12 pm

mak wrote:Thai citizen applying for a US tourist visa. Fee has to be paid at Krungsri Bank. Is there a form that is required to give to the bank?
When you fill out the paperwork online, you can print out form that tells you how and where to pay for services. Take it to the bank and they will take care of it. The payment will not be processed and shown online until the next day. Not a problem.

430xc
udonmap.com

USA Visa

Post by 430xc » October 4, 2015, 7:27 pm

On all my returns to the US from Thailand, immigration officers were polite, cordial and professional. Except this last trip, which was the first one for my Thai wife. When she applied for a Tourist visa, she told them she wanted to visit for about a month. We then changed plans and decided to stay for about 4 months. At the port of entry in the US, we went together to the US citizen line as directed. They looked in their "big brother" computer and saw this. We were hassled for 2 hours about nearly everything. Told were liars and they could not trust us etc, etc. They went through all of our baggage and stacks of paperwork, page by page looking for something to use to hang us. They were pissed when they found nothing. I wanted to complain about the treatment, but that would only make things worse for my wife on subsequent trips.

My advise is to be very careful what you tell or write or communicate to US immigration or embassy. Seems everything is documented and "will be used against you" outside of a court of law. I was prepared to call an immigration lawyer acquaintance but glad I did not have to. Very frustrating that my government wants to give amnesty to 12 million illegals but harass me when I try to do things by the rules.

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”