Villa Market on the move?

Have a question or comment about Shopping in Udon Thani? Post it here!
BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » March 31, 2015, 11:36 am

I don't know if you are referring to me MS, but I have never claimed inside information about anything, only observations.
Indeed would point out that the above is my first post on the matter.
You, however, appear to be leading the way with posts on this thread, with 8... :D

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Post by merchant seaman » March 31, 2015, 11:42 am

Wasn't referring to you Bob. Only claim I made was told there was going to be 2 Villa's in Udon by the customer service rep. no mention as to where.
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » March 31, 2015, 1:02 pm

the old discount shoe store and book store location in UD Town is indeed in the process of renovation. It has printed signs in the windows that in my limited Thai made reference to an employment agency for working in Korea.. The signs were on the inside of the windows so they weren't stuck up by somebody drumming for the business... I can't see that place for a Villa move since it probably is 1/4 to 1/3 the size of their present location.. I still lean toward the Nevada complex as the best possibility but that had a For Rent banner hanging at the front...
Dave

Joe61

Post by Joe61 » March 31, 2015, 4:33 pm

From my understanding from TATA who is a customer service rep at Villa Tukam, the new Villa Market will be opposite McDonald's, so it must be in the new condo development. I really don't understand why other posters have to get so nasty. Fastest way to kill a board, 'nuf said.

stereolab
udonmap.com

Post by stereolab » June 2, 2015, 9:40 pm

Is there any current update on the move of Villa to the UD Town area?

jingjai
udonmap.com

Post by jingjai » June 4, 2015, 12:19 pm

stereolab wrote:Is there any current update on the move of Villa to the UD Town area?
Every time I ask an employee at Villa, when the new store will open...they reply "two-months". I've been receiving this same answer since this thread started back in early February. I've given up asking.
As my wife continually points out to me for just about everything: "when it is finished...you will know."
TIT. :lol:

socksy
udonmap.com

Post by socksy » June 4, 2015, 1:05 pm

stereolab wrote:Is there any current update on the move of Villa to the UD Town area?
Seems to be a lot of refurbishment being done inside the 'Ghostown' which was once IT Plazza opposite UD town. Could it be there? I would think only part of the building if that was the case.
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » June 16, 2015, 7:44 pm

Went into the old store today, just my third visit this year, only because it's the only place I can get Birds custard . Having been overcharged at the till on the last two visits I paid special attention today. Lo and behold it happened again. Two tins of Birds priced at 219 bht on display were rung through the till at 229bht .Without speaking I went and took the price off the shelf and showed the cashier along with my receipt, a second woman was called over and without further discussion a 20bht note was given me from the till .Now was it a coincidence, was I terribly unlucky, three out of three visits apparently cheated or is it something more sinister? I am rather concerned it may be the latter as the ease with which my money was refunded indicates to me it is more than just a one off happening .So a heads up to all that shop there .
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

GARYZX6R
udonmap.com

Post by GARYZX6R » June 16, 2015, 9:34 pm

trubrit wrote:Went into the old store today, just my third visit this year, only because it's the only place I can get Birds custard . Having been overcharged at the till on the last two visits I paid special attention today. Lo and behold it happened again. Two tins of Birds priced at 219 bht on display were rung through the till at 229bht .Without speaking I went and took the price off the shelf and showed the cashier along with my receipt, a second woman was called over and without further discussion a 20bht note was given me from the till .Now was it a coincidence, was I terribly unlucky, three out of three visits apparently cheated or is it something more sinister? I am rather concerned it may be the latter as the ease with which my money was refunded indicates to me it is more than just a one off happening .So a heads up to all that shop there .
Nothing new here ,you have to check your bill in ALL the stores ,Big C ,Tescos , Nee soon ,Tops ,they are all the same..

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » June 16, 2015, 11:28 pm

sinister? 20 baht..... :lol: :lol: :lol: . things really that bad out there :lol:
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 16, 2015, 11:59 pm

20 baht is 20 baht ... 40p Sterling ... definately not a sinister amount of cash ..

Not having a dig at VM or any other "big boys" but 20 bt off every customer every day in every store that checks out certainly adds up to a sizable sum .... i would think 99.9 % of customers take it for granted their bills when checking out are correct and the shelf price matches that on the bill ... another angle is the store changes its price on the computer / POS system but the floor staff dont bother to change to shelf price or its a slow process with over lap .. either way the issue needs addressing.

dm
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

macca46
udonmap.com

Post by macca46 » June 17, 2015, 6:12 am

I nearly got caught yesterday at a pharmacy item scanned Thai male said 110 b the female watching said no only 90 b so it would appear it is happening in many shops.

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Post by merchant seaman » June 17, 2015, 6:39 am

like buying a sausage roll and they ring it up as a meat pie because the sasage roll no bar code.
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » June 17, 2015, 7:05 am

papafarang wrote:sinister? 20 baht..... :lol: :lol: :lol: . things really that bad out there :lol:
Strange to note that you as a local trader don't find the practise of overcharging unacceptable. For your information it was a !0% add on . If added to your single size pies which are sold in there they would cost a rather expensive 105bht. :roll:
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

goodison
udonmap.com

Post by goodison » June 17, 2015, 7:44 am

Seems to me "Top Charoen" could make a fortune out of those posting here! The thread is:"Villa Market on the move?"

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » June 17, 2015, 7:50 am

I asked them again about it, as usual no one had any idea, but this is Thailand and it will happen when it happens suppose.
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Martyn
udonmap.com

Post by Martyn » June 25, 2015, 12:41 pm

Looks like the mystery is over. UD Town Zone 9.
11065918_827504794011291_2015705586843250257_n.jpg

kubotatim
udonmap.com

Post by kubotatim » June 25, 2015, 12:43 pm

Hopefully open early with very easy parking first thing in the morning, forget the evening.

Martyn
udonmap.com

Post by Martyn » June 25, 2015, 12:52 pm

ud town floor plan.JPG

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » June 25, 2015, 4:02 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:20 baht is 20 baht ... 40p Sterling ... definately not a sinister amount of cash ..

Not having a dig at VM or any other "big boys" but 20 bt off every customer every day in every store that checks out certainly adds up to a sizable sum .... i would think 99.9 % of customers take it for granted their bills when checking out are correct and the shelf price matches that on the bill ... another angle is the store changes its price on the computer / POS system but the floor staff dont bother to change to shelf price or its a slow process with over lap .. either way the issue needs addressing.

dm

I would imagine the floor staff not changing the prices or someone not doing their job in changing the price At the register.

It would be difficult on a full shopping spot items not as bad. It seem to me that one of the stores I think Big C had a point where you could check the bar code price before going to the register.

These shopping Malls were over built for this area some had to fail.

Hey! maybe we need a mystery shopper. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Udon Thani Shopping”