EPL 2015/16

General sports news and discussions.
747man
udonmap.com

New thread for next season EPL 2015/16

Post by 747man » June 18, 2015, 3:35 pm

GT93 wrote:Hey, it's in English! High fives.
:shock: :shock: :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » June 24, 2015, 2:13 pm

Liverpool have made one or two non descript signings up to now,apart from maybe Milner,but this Brazilian guy looks quality for 29m......he was also linked with about 500 other players to Manchester United this summer,so must be good ! 8)

Roberto Firmino: Liverpool sign Brazil striker in £29m deal

Liverpool have signed forward Roberto Firmino from Hoffenheim on a five-year deal for a fee of about £29m.
The 23-year-old's deal is subject to a medical, which will take place after he returns from Chile, where he has been playing for Brazil in the Copa America.
Firmino, who has scored 47 goals in 151 games for Hoffenheim, becomes the Reds' second most expensive player.
The Anfield club made Andy Carroll their record signing when he joined them for £35m from Newcastle in 2011.
They also paid Southampton £25m for Adam Lallana in 2014, and have already brought in Burnley striker Danny Ings, goalkeeper Adam Bogdan, defender Joe Gomez and midfielder James Milner this summer.
The Reds have so far resisted two offers from Manchester City for England forward Raheem Sterling.
Firmino, who has spent the last four-and-a-half seasons in the Bundesliga, was on target for Brazil in their 2-1 Copa America victory over Venezuela on Sunday.
In the absence of Neymar, who has been suspended for the rest of the tournament, Firmino and Philippe Coutinho, who is already a Liverpool player, are set to start again in Saturday's quarter final against Paraguay
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Post by JimboPSM » July 1, 2015, 6:54 am

Not everyone is making it to next season - Thai owned Leicester City sack manager Nigel Pearson :shock:

From BBC Sport:
Nigel Pearson: Leicester City sack manager

Leicester City have sacked manager Nigel Pearson, saying the working relationship between him and the club's board was "no longer viable".

Pearson, 51, guided the Foxes to 14th in the Premier League in 2014-15....

Full article: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33338638
A very poor reward for pulling of a miraculous escape from relegation from the Premier League that Houdini would have been proud of (and financially is worth millions) ](*,)

However it does appear to prove once again that the knowledge that far too many football owners have about football can most accurately be described as FA #-o
Ashamed to be English since 23rd June 2016 when England voted for racism & economic suicide.

Disgusted that the UK is “governed” by a squalid bunch of economically illiterate, self-serving, sleazy and corrupt neo-fascists.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » July 1, 2015, 7:30 am

A very poor decision by the owners of the club.You cannot blame the manager for what his son and his mates did.
Pearson worked a minor miracle by keeping Leicester up last season and deserves better than this.

skinner
udonmap.com

Post by skinner » July 1, 2015, 7:53 am

Zidane wrote:A very poor decision by the owners of the club.You cannot blame the manager for what his son and his mates did.
Pearson worked a minor miracle by keeping Leicester up last season and deserves better than this.
I would agree he did a great job keeping them up, but as with all the teams owned buy super rich foreigners, they want it all, and want it now.
Maybe they think they can get Carlo Ancelotti or Jurgen Klopp :shock:

socksy
udonmap.com

Post by socksy » July 2, 2015, 9:44 am

https://www.365sport.tv/free_trial.php

If you want a free 7 day trial of 365Sport.com before you buy - try here before Friday 10th July. Good coverage of EPL and many other sports. Yes I know the season starts after that but it will give members an opportunity to see the channels and definition.
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

skinner
udonmap.com

Post by skinner » July 2, 2015, 4:13 pm

Zidane wrote:Liverpool have made one or two non descript signings up to now,apart from maybe Milner,but this Brazilian guy looks quality for 29m......he was also linked with about 500 other players to Manchester United this summer,so must be good ! 8)

Roberto Firmino: Liverpool sign Brazil striker in £29m deal

Liverpool have signed forward Roberto Firmino from Hoffenheim on a five-year deal for a fee of about £29m.
The 23-year-old's deal is subject to a medical, which will take place after he returns from Chile, where he has been playing for Brazil in the Copa America.
Firmino, who has scored 47 goals in 151 games for Hoffenheim, becomes the Reds' second most expensive player.
The Anfield club made Andy Carroll their record signing when he joined them for £35m from Newcastle in 2011.
They also paid Southampton £25m for Adam Lallana in 2014, and have already brought in Burnley striker Danny Ings, goalkeeper Adam Bogdan, defender Joe Gomez and midfielder James Milner this summer.
The Reds have so far resisted two offers from Manchester City for England forward Raheem Sterling.
Firmino, who has spent the last four-and-a-half seasons in the Bundesliga, was on target for Brazil in their 2-1 Copa America victory over Venezuela on Sunday.
In the absence of Neymar, who has been suspended for the rest of the tournament, Firmino and Philippe Coutinho, who is already a Liverpool player, are set to start again in Saturday's quarter final against Paraguay
29 million is a lot for Liverpool, hope you think hes worth it. Personally I hope hes a flop like Andy Carroll, and Mario Blakansmelly. Cant believe you paid 16 million for him. I hope they don't sell him , lol

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » July 4, 2015, 8:31 am

This from the Leicester Mercury.....

Leicester City make move for Guus Hiddink
By Mercury_Sport | Posted: July 02, 2015
By Rob Tanner

Leicester City have made their move for their next manager, believed to be Dutchman Guus Hiddink.
The former Holland manager has emerged as the front-runner to succeed Nigel Pearson in the City hot-seat.
The 68-year-old has a wealth of experience with Real Madrid and Chelsea among the clubs he has previously managed.
He has also been the Holland national team boss on two occasions.

Dunno about this possible choice.Hiddink has been a good manager in his time but will be 69 in November.....an age that is regarded as over the hill even by many Udon Thani expats !

You would have thought that a progressive young manager might suit Leicester better.Slavisa Jokanovic led Watford to promotion last year but couldnt agree personal terms for this season and he's only 46.
Neil Lennon,the current Bolton boss,has also been mentioned.

skinner
udonmap.com

Post by skinner » July 4, 2015, 8:44 am

Zidane wrote:This from the Leicester Mercury.....

Leicester City make move for Guus Hiddink
By Mercury_Sport | Posted: July 02, 2015
By Rob Tanner

Leicester City have made their move for their next manager, believed to be Dutchman Guus Hiddink.
The former Holland manager has emerged as the front-runner to succeed Nigel Pearson in the City hot-seat.
The 68-year-old has a wealth of experience with Real Madrid and Chelsea among the clubs he has previously managed.
He has also been the Holland national team boss on two occasions.

Dunno about this possible choice.Hiddink has been a good manager in his time but will be 69 in November.....an age that is regarded as over the hill even by many Udon Thani expats !

You would have thought that a progressive young manager might suit Leicester better.Slavisa Jokanovic led Watford to promotion last year but couldnt agree personal terms for this season and he's only 46.
Neil Lennon,the current Bolton boss,has also been mentioned.
I think Neil Lennon is most likely, but its a funny old game, and the EPL does pay good money

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » July 4, 2015, 8:48 am

So,whose your team,skinner ? I think we might have guessed its not Liverpool ! :D

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » July 4, 2015, 1:28 pm

Zidane wrote:So,whose your team,skinner ? I think we might have guessed its not Liverpool ! :D

I Reckon he's A Foxes Fan....... :? :? :?

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » July 5, 2015, 6:41 am

Zidane wrote:You would never think being manager of Crystal Palace would be good for pulling the birds.....bet he never got this attention when he was in charge at Newcastle ! ;)
Alan Pardew on holiday......png
I think these are some of the Crystals - the Palace cheerleaders. I don't know whose house it was, but there was also a pool party some time back of the Palace cheerleaders and those from an American NFL team. Dream on! =P~

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » July 12, 2015, 7:33 am

At last some good news for beleagured Newcastle United fans........ ;)

Newcastle United: Georginio Wijnaldum seals £14.5m move

Newcastle United have signed PSV Eindhoven midfielder Georginio Wijnaldum in a £14.5m deal.
Netherlands international Wijnaldum becomes the first arrival under head coach Steve McClaren.
The fee for the 24-year-old is the biggest single amount paid for a player during the eight-year reign of Newcastle owner Mike Ashley.
Rotterdam-born Wijnaldum, who has been at PSV since 2011, has signed a five-year contract at St James' Park.
He has been capped 13 times by the Netherlands and scored his country's third goal in their 3-0 win over Brazil to finish third at the 2014 World Cup finals.
"I'm delighted to be a Newcastle United player," Wijnaldum said.
"I felt the time was right for me to move and the club have shown they really want me.
"There are a few players here who are from Holland - I know them well and they will help me feel at home at Newcastle. I cannot wait to get started."
Wijnaldum is set to link up with McClaren's squad for the three-game tour of the United States, which kicks-off against Mexican side Club Atlas in Wisconsin on 14 July.
McClaren said: "The signing is a real statement for the club.
"It is a big transfer for a very good player and I am delighted to have Gini here. He is the right age and the right fit for Newcastle."

socksy
udonmap.com

Post by socksy » July 13, 2015, 7:31 am

One for the reds fans on here.
Attachments
cartoon-bastian-schweinsteiger-manchester-united_1sa4wizzuowv51n6ceh9udtrvi.jpg
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » July 14, 2015, 7:32 am

Claudio Ranieri: Leicester City appoint ex-Chelsea manager
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33513290

Mmm interesting selection. I will watch with interest how this goes.
He has certainly had a few jobs since he left Chelsea.
The last, Greece manager, was ended when he was sacked after they were defeated by the Faroe Isles.
About the equivalent of Chelsea being beaten by Cheltenham Town.... :D :D

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » July 14, 2015, 7:48 am

Ranieri did well at Atletico Madrid and not too bad at Chelsea but its over 10 years since he left them and has done nothing special at a succession of clubs since then......the guy is even older than me ! =;
If I was a Leicester fan I would be very underwhelmed by this appointment but I suppose it gives hope to the likes of Bournemouth,Watford,Newcastle and Everton that they will be able to avoid the drop next season.

Very pleased with Uniteds two signings Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin....just a central defender (Ramos or Otamendi ?) a striker and a goalkeeper to get if young David goes.
By the way,Schweinsteiger has an eye for the ladies and his current girlfriend is the tennis star,Ana Ivanovic,who will certainly keep the WAGS on their toes at Old Trafford.....previously he dated German model,Sarah Brandner.

Sarah Brandner....how can he ditch a beauty that carries his beer ?
Sarah Brandner.jpg
Ana Ivanovic,Serbian beauty who is Bastian Schweinsteigers current girlfriend
Ana Ivanovic.jpg

FLICKFLACKER404
udonmap.com

Post by FLICKFLACKER404 » July 14, 2015, 1:16 pm

For all the Chelsea fans who are wondering who the new Leicester City manager is .He is the guy who used to be manager before you started supporting Chelsea :lol: :lol: :lol:

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » July 15, 2015, 7:11 am

The Barclays Asia Trophy kicks off tonight in Singapore with 3 EPL sides competing.
Stoke play Everton at 6pm followed by Arsenal v Singapore Select XI at 8.30pm.....both times are Singapore time which is 1 hour ahead of Thailand.

Liverpool played in Bangkok last night as part of their Asian tour.They had an easy 4-0 win over the Thai All Stars in the Rajamangala Stadium.They now fly off to Australia for a couple of matches,then Malaysia for one game,before heading home.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » July 16, 2015, 11:07 am

Everton beat Stoke on penalties after a 0-0 draw and Arsenal had a comfortable 4-0 win over a Singapore Select XI with Chuba Akpom scoring a hat trick.....over 29,800 watched the two matches.
So the final is on Saturday between Arsenal and Everton,kick off 8.30pm Singapore time.
Stoke will play the Singapore Select XI at 6pm,beforehand.

Scoot Air....from 650 baht one way,Bangkok to Singapore....might be worth a weekend break for some as it might be a while before Merseysides third team is on a high profile trip over here again ?? ;)

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » July 16, 2015, 11:23 am

Scoot Air....from 650 baht one way,Bangkok to Singapore....might be worth a weekend break for some as it might be a while before Merseysides third team is on a high profile trip over here again ??

Andy, It's NOT The Cost of getting to Singers,But the cost of the Bloody Hotels once there !! You Know I'm Only a POOR Pensioner..........Oh ! Yes I Forgot....She who MUST Be Obeyed WON'T Let me go......

Return to “World Sports”