Pies Pies Pies

Have a question or comment about Shopping in Udon Thani? Post it here!
Prenders88
udonmap.com

Pies Pies Pies

Post by Prenders88 » October 3, 2005, 12:04 pm

Question..
Are the pies eg. Steak and Kidney/Onion, sold in bars home made or made by a local suppliers?

Tony

Udon Thani, best seen through your car's rear view mirror.

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » October 3, 2005, 12:41 pm

Aussie Pub has just had a recent addition to their menu, this includes steak pies and sausage rolls fresh from the shores of Oz. In my opinion Oz does the best pies around, they are full of meat with lot's of gravy and a crispy crust, great eaten Oz style with ketchup on the top. The sausage rolls are out of this world, the tastiest I've tried for ages. The Thai customers last night agreed too, orders all around!

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » October 3, 2005, 6:05 pm

lee wrote:Aussie Pub has just had a recent addition to their menu, this includes steak pies and sausage rolls fresh from the shores of Oz. In my opinion Oz does the best pies around, they are full of meat with lot's of gravy and a crispy crust, great eaten Oz style with ketchup on the top. The sausage rolls are out of this world, the tastiest I've tried for ages. The Thai customers last night agreed too, orders all around!
Sounds like you've got the place "staked out", Lee. :wink:

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Post by JimboPSM » October 3, 2005, 6:11 pm

This link for Hua Hin Ham Bacon & Meat Company may be of interest to some:

http://www.huahinafterdark.com/hua-hin-ham-bacon.htm

Nice pictures of an English breakfast, pies & meat (will leave to BB to identify :lol: ) and they also have link sausages, yummy, I can already feel my arteries harden :lol:

banpaeng
udonmap.com

Post by banpaeng » October 3, 2005, 7:02 pm

Good link Jimbo

BangkokButcher
udonmap.com

Post by BangkokButcher » October 3, 2005, 11:09 pm

Cracking link Jimbo, shame it's such a distance, blimey they even have black pudding :yikes: my only gripe is the rib eye steak they have at the bottom that looks a bit rough, t-bone looks tempting though ;).

Prenders88
udonmap.com

Post by Prenders88 » October 5, 2005, 5:02 pm

Thanks Jimbo for the great link. It's my favourites file!!
Worth the trip to stock up on bacon and pies. I've heard there is also a place called Yorkies near Pattaya that does meat products.

I wonder how long it will be before someone opens a place similar in Udon Thani.

Tony
Udon Thani, best seen through your car's rear view mirror.

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » October 5, 2005, 5:59 pm

Stevesudon.com makes pies for home delivery such as Steak & Mushroom Pie, Chicken & Mushroom Pie, Chicken & Sweet corn Pie, Mince Beef & Onion Pie and Steak & Kidney Pie.

This food talk is making me hungry, I'm off into town to get some grub.

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Post by JimboPSM » October 5, 2005, 6:01 pm

The Hua Hin Ham & Bacon Company was up for sale two or three years ago and I did enquire about buying it at the time; unfortunately the timing of it was wrong for me - sorry I missed out on it.

If I was not to live in Udon because of the family connections and its laid back lifestyle, my next choice in Thailand would probably have been the Hua Hin area - I only live two or three hundred yards from the sea here in the Isle of Man and although it is too cold (for me) to swim in I will miss the sea when we finally move :(

BangkokButcher
udonmap.com

Post by BangkokButcher » October 6, 2005, 12:09 am

lee wrote:Stevesudon.com makes pies for home delivery such as Steak & Mushroom Pie, Chicken & Mushroom Pie, Chicken & Sweet corn Pie, Mince Beef & Onion Pie and Steak & Kidney Pie.

This food talk is making me hungry, I'm off into town to get some grub.
Just wished they delivered all the way to my wife's village some 70 odd km's away, only edible farang style food there is found in 7-11 :(, thankfully it gives me a reason to get out of town for a night or 2 occasionally ;)

Damn shame about missing that one Jimbo, I'm sure it could be turned into a little goldmine in the years to come...

One thing though Jimbo, if you ever get to deprived of the 'by the sea' feeling, head down to Ubolrat dam, it makes a nice weekend of things :)

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Post by JimboPSM » October 6, 2005, 2:37 am

While on subject of pies and other non pc grub, if you find yourself in Bangkok on Sukhumvit Road near Soi 33 and need a good cholesterol fix I can recommend one of my regular haunts, the Londoner Brew Pub, they do an excellent N.Z. Steak & Kidney Pie with chips and peas, they also brew their own Londoner's Pride Cream Bitter, a very acceptable pint :lol:

Happy hour (?) from 16:00 to 19:00 and Wednesday is 2-4-1 night from 17:00 to 01:00 :lol:

The Londoner address is 591 UBC II Building, Basement B 104, Sukhumvit 33, Sukhumvit Road, Bangkok; fuller details including menus on their website: http://www.the-londoner.com/

Expat Foods

Post by Expat Foods » October 27, 2005, 10:04 pm

lee wrote:Aussie Pub has just had a recent addition to their menu, this includes steak pies and sausage rolls fresh from the shores of Oz. In my opinion Oz does the best pies around, they are full of meat with lot's of gravy and a crispy crust, great eaten Oz style with ketchup on the top. The sausage rolls are out of this world, the tastiest I've tried for ages. The Thai customers last night agreed too, orders all around!
Lee i think you will find Justins (Aussie Bar) pies come from a lot closer than Oz Mate!

Bangkok to be precise
SEAsiders!

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » October 28, 2005, 7:39 am

Harry at Harry's bar put us onto a BKK supplyer of all sorts of excellent pies, sausage rolls, and other pasteries as well as all mannor of smallgoods. Dean at the 5 Bells Bar here in Ban Dung is selling the same.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » October 28, 2005, 8:47 am

Lee i think you will find Justins (Aussie Bar) pies come from a lot closer than Oz Mate!

Bangkok to be precise
Thanks, you obviously know allot more than I do. I was just relating to what I was told by the owner.

Damn good rolls though where ever they come from.

Lee :wink:

hxjohn
udonmap.com

best pies

Post by hxjohn » May 17, 2006, 3:50 am

best pies are at harrys and deans bar the five bells bar in ban dung
they come from bangkok from the best supplier down there
pies and peas um love them
if you dont like to be beaten up after your meal :shock: these are two places i would say you are safe

Return to “Udon Thani Shopping”