EPL 2015/16

General sports news and discussions.
Brian Davis
udonmap.com

New thread for next season EPL 2015/16

Post by Brian Davis » July 16, 2015, 1:13 pm

I suppose if my lot ever turned up here, I'd go. Somebody's got to show them around Nana Plaza! :D

But in honesty, it's hard to be excited about these not too-competitive tournament or exhibition games, when they're only please the sponsors, wave the flag and grab the money exercises.

socksy
udonmap.com

Post by socksy » July 16, 2015, 2:01 pm

Even before the season's started, the sniper's in the crowd are evident as shown during the Arsenal game yesterday resulting in two penalties. I hope it's not a hint at what's in store for the new season.
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » July 16, 2015, 2:44 pm

747man wrote:Scoot Air....from 650 baht one way,Bangkok to Singapore....might be worth a weekend break for some as it might be a while before Merseysides third team is on a high profile trip over here again ??

Andy, It's NOT The Cost of getting to Singers,But the cost of the Bloody Hotels once there !! You Know I'm Only a POOR Pensioner..........Oh ! Yes I Forgot....She who MUST Be Obeyed WON'T Let me go......
And Oh ! Yeah,I Did see Merseysides Premier team in the same tournament in Bangkok some 10 Years Ago,Stayed a week in The Radisson & Came home almost SKINT ....... :lol: :lol:

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » July 16, 2015, 5:04 pm

Fragrance Hotel,Pearl.....just 1.0km from the National Stadium and a couple of minutes walk from the MTR.
Only 1471 Baht......thats cheaper than Nong Khai,man !!
www.fragrancehotels.com
Gets a decent write up on Trip Advisor....
A chance for you to get the autographs of some big name Everton stars like.........errr..... ;)
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » July 16, 2015, 5:13 pm

Zidane wrote:Fragrance Hotel,Pearl.....just 1.0km from the National Stadium and a couple of minutes walk from the MTR.
Only 1471 Baht......thats cheaper than Nong Khai,man !!
http://www.fragrancehotels.com
Gets a decent write up on Trip Advisor....
A chance for you to get the autographs of some big name Everton stars like.........errr..... ;)
Errrrr !! The BLOODY Hotel is FULL, PROBABLY All Evertonians !!! :lol: :lol:

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » July 17, 2015, 8:14 am

Dozens of Everton supporters (and many more who just wanted free beer and food =; ) attended a function organised by sponsors Chang at the Inter Continental hotel in Singapore.
Everton fans in Singapore.jpg
Everton fans for the future.jpg
But back to proper football now......
Manchester United manager,Louis Van Gaal,has said goalkeeper,Victor Valdes,will be sold after he refused to play for the reserves ! [-X
When I saw this story,yesterday,it made me very angry and I wanted to start attacking people indiscriminately with a plastic shark balloon :evil: .....Valdes,not played for 9 months because of injury.....United take him on and help with his rehabilitation and then he refuses to play for the reserves......what a cheeky t w a t ! [-X
But then I thought about it.....it increases the chances of De Gea staying and United can sign Otamendi instead of Ramos....so maybe the team will be stronger for it ?? :-k

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » July 17, 2015, 8:36 am

Yes, I read the Valdes story yesterday & I am not sure about it at all.
I don't think that vanG comes out of my thoughts on it in a very good light - again. I am far from sure that he is the manager ManU need. It seems to me that everything is someone else's fault apart from him. Despite the fact that (last season) he has taken Premiership + class players & played them completely out of their skill zone - making them look very average indeed.

On the Valdes situation - he (Valdes) Twitted 3 pictures of where he had played in the Under 21 squad last year & hinted that the accusation was not exactly true.
vanG also said that he had played Valdes in the final game of the season to show him his support.
Now he is saying that Valdes insulted him by refusing to play in the reserves earlier before that in the season.
The 1 + 1 just does not look like it is equaling 2 here...

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » July 17, 2015, 8:41 am

Yes....BUT....after Valdes played the last of his 3 games for the U21's there were 7 more matches he could have played for them before the end of the season.....but he didnt play in any.....why ?.....he wasnt injured. :-k

skinner
udonmap.com

Post by skinner » July 17, 2015, 9:40 am

Hopefully De gea will stay, It was reported on BBC that he has been offered 175,000 a week , which is apparently more than double what he earns now. I hope the money tempts him to stay

I think LVG played Valdes in the last game because De gea was injured, not to show him support. I don't mind if Valdes goes , IMHO Lindegaard isn't a bad number 2.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » July 17, 2015, 9:53 am

skinner wrote:I think LVG played Valdes in the last game because De gea was injured, not to show him support. I don't mind if Valdes goes , IMHO Lindegaard isn't a bad number 2.
In his (vanG's) own words...
His only first-team start was in United's final game of last season, and Van Gaal added: "I played him at Hull because I wanted to help. I am always a very social human being."
As I said it does not add up as that came AFTER the 'missed' under 21 games... :(

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » July 17, 2015, 10:41 am

From the bleachreport way back on May 24th...... ;)

"Goalkeeper David De Gea left Manchester United's contest against Arsenal on May 17 with a hamstring injury, and he was unable to play in the club's match against Hull City on May 24."

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » July 17, 2015, 10:52 am

But back to proper football now......555+

I Reckon This thread should be RENAMED " The Manchester United " 2015/16 Thread......555+

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » July 17, 2015, 11:06 am

What a missed opportunity for you,Alan,by not being able to attend the free Chang beer and food party in Singapore....you could have scoffed to your hearts content as well as cheap flights and accomodation if you would have planned things out better to meet up with your heroes !

Never mind,Everton seem to be on the verge of making this seasons marquee signing....... 8)

Manchester United set to sell Jonny Evans to Everton for £8m The Guardian

• Defender has been at Manchester United for nine years
• Evans fell out of favour under Louis van Gaal last season

Jonny Evans is set to leave Manchester United for Everton after nine years during which he won three Premier League titles.
@JamieJackson___
Thursday 16 July 2015 18.32 BST Last modified on Friday 17 July 2015 00.18 BST

Jonny Evans is on the verge of leaving Manchester United for Everton for a fee that could reach £8m, ending the defender’s nine years at the club.
Despite impressing Louis van Gaal on last summer’s tour of America, the Northern Irishman fell out of favour in the Dutchman’s opening season in charge of United.
Although the club want £10m for Evans, Everton value him at £6m as he has only a year left on his contract, so the agreed price may be closer to £8m. The 27-year-old has won three Premier League titles, the League Cup and Fifa World Club Cup since making his debut for United in 2007.
This trophy-winning experience is enhanced by the 198 appearances Evans has made for the club and makes his an attractive addition to the Everton squad for Roberto Martínez, the manager.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » July 17, 2015, 11:10 am

What a missed opportunity for you,Alan,by not being able to attend the free Chang beer and food party in Singapore....

Andy, I'm on a Diet & Would'nt Drink That EVIL Cr*p.......Even though it was " Free "

BTW, We DON'T Need Evans...

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » July 17, 2015, 11:16 am

Zidane wrote:From the bleachreport way back on May 24th...... ;)

"Goalkeeper David De Gea left Manchester United's contest against Arsenal on May 17 with a hamstring injury, and he was unable to play in the club's match against Hull City on May 24."
So vanG was being 'economical with the truth' (lying :D ) when he said what he did yesterday in the USA.

As I said, he comes out of this, yet again, poorly. Everything that goes wrong it is always some one else to blame..

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » July 17, 2015, 3:40 pm

Liverpool bid 32.5m GBP for Benteke.....he can certainly be very effective on his day but comes across as a bit moody and also a bit injury prone ?

Christian Benteke: Liverpool bid £32.5m for Aston Villa striker

Liverpool have met a £32.5m release clause for Aston Villa's Belgium striker Christian Benteke, triggering a potential transfer.
The 24-year-old scored 12 goals in 12 games in the 2014-15 season to help keep Villa in the Premier League.
The Reds have bid for the player - and met the asking price - after receiving funds from the £49m sale of Raheem Sterling to Manchester City.
Benteke still has two years left on his contract at Villa.
It is understood personal terms between Benteke and Liverpool are a formality, although the Anfield club do not yet have permission to do the medical.
Benteke joined Aston Villa from Genk in August 2012 for £7m and has scored 49 goals in 101 appearances.

BobHelm wrote:
Zidane wrote:From the bleachreport way back on May 24th...... ;)

So vanG was being 'economical with the truth' (lying :D ) when he said what he did yesterday in the USA.
As I said, he comes out of this, yet again, poorly. Everything that goes wrong it is always some one else to blame..
Yes,but if he wasnt trying to help Valdes surely he would have played Lindegaard in goals against Hull ?
You know it makes sense,Robert ! ;) not that I'm trying to defend LVG and his methods or nuffink ! :-$

dezzer
udonmap.com

Post by dezzer » July 17, 2015, 3:53 pm

747man wrote:What a missed opportunity for you,Alan,by not being able to attend the free Chang beer and food party in Singapore....

Andy, I'm on a Diet & Would'nt Drink That EVIL Cr*p.......Even though it was " Free "

Come on 747 ,The Toffees will need all the help they can get this coming season :-"
You'll Never Walk Alone L.F.C.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » July 17, 2015, 5:06 pm

dezzer wrote:
747man wrote:What a missed opportunity for you,Alan,by not being able to attend the free Chang beer and food party in Singapore....

Come on 747 ,The Toffees will need all the help they can get this coming season :-"
Dezz, Let me ask you a Question ?? Did YOU Go to The Rajamalangala Stadium to See You Red*hite the other day ????

And I Want The Truth, The Whole Truth & Nothing but The TRUTH....... :lol: :lol: :lol:

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » July 17, 2015, 6:34 pm

Zidane wrote:What a missed opportunity for you,Alan,by not being able to attend the free Chang beer and food party in Singapore....you could have scoffed to your hearts content as well as cheap flights and accomodation if you would have planned things out better to meet up with your heroes !

Never mind,Everton seem to be on the verge of making this seasons marquee signing....... 8)

Manchester United set to sell Jonny Evans to Everton for £8m The Guardian

• Defender has been at Manchester United for nine years
• Evans fell out of favour under Louis van Gaal last season

Jonny Evans is set to leave Manchester United for Everton after nine years during which he won three Premier League titles.
@JamieJackson___
Thursday 16 July 2015 18.32 BST Last modified on Friday 17 July 2015 00.18 BST

Jonny Evans is on the verge of leaving Manchester United for Everton for a fee that could reach £8m, ending the defender’s nine years at the club.
Despite impressing Louis van Gaal on last summer’s tour of America, the Northern Irishman fell out of favour in the Dutchman’s opening season in charge of United.
Although the club want £10m for Evans, Everton value him at £6m as he has only a year left on his contract, so the agreed price may be closer to £8m. The 27-year-old has won three Premier League titles, the League Cup and Fifa World Club Cup since making his debut for United in 2007.
This trophy-winning experience is enhanced by the 198 appearances Evans has made for the club and makes his an attractive addition to the Everton squad for Roberto Martínez, the manager.
Here Yer Go, Andy....

For what seems like ages, rumors over acquiring Manchester United Defender Jonny Evans have been flying around Goodison Park. Just yesterday, The Guardian had reported that Everton was "on the verge" of bringing in the 27 year old for a transfer fee of approx. £8 million, making it appear as though Evans' time as a Blue was all but inevitable.

However, manager Roberto Martinez made it clear to reporters gathered in Singapore that this is apparently not the case, as he emphatically shot down any links to the Man U. player.

"No, there's no truth. Nothing." Martinez was quoted in response to rumors over the club's pursuit and offer for Evans, "...I can tell you there is nothing true in that situation."

The potential deal was always seen as a controversial one for Everton, as Royal Blue Mersey has already broken down. Essentially, while Evans could certainly fill the need for depth at Centre behind Phil Jagielka and John Stones, it's hard to justify that role with the hefty price tag Manchester United seems adamant on demanding, with reports indicating that the team could be looking for as much as £10 million for the defender. To many, that's money that could be far more thriftily spent as the Blues look to bounce back from a disappointing 2014-15 season.

In any case, a deal that once appeared inevitable now seems to have come to a screeching halt. Questions still remain on what Everton will do to bolster its reserves at Centre, which has looked precariously thin since the departures of Distin and Alcaraz, but, until further notice, you shouldn't be expecting Jonny Evans to be filling that void.

dezzer
udonmap.com

Post by dezzer » July 17, 2015, 9:57 pm

747man wrote:
dezzer wrote:

Dezz, Let me ask you a Question ?? Did YOU Go to The Rajamalangala Stadium to See You Red*hite the other day ????

And I Want The Truth, The Whole Truth & Nothing but The TRUTH....... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just a YES will suffice ,got to have a few words with Robbie Fowler thrown in, as well as 4-0 scoreline \:D/
You'll Never Walk Alone L.F.C.

Return to “World Sports”