Watch your Weight.

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
old timer
udonmap.com

Watch your Weight.

Post by old timer » September 4, 2015, 1:39 pm

79 kilo day in day out for OT but it's not always been like that. Three years ago I bazookad up to 96 kilo and a 40 inch waist, back then I was drinking too much lager and eating in between meals hence they heavy weight.
I don't intentionally excercise and yet feel energized most of the time, so excercise is not needed as a part of "a feel well factor" for OT. I'm not sure why the doctors harp on about excercise because as far as I am concerned, other than getting big muscles, keeping active is enough. Plus the odd Red Bull and strong coffee gets OT buzzin.
As for diet, sticky buns, burgers and ice cream are all eaten often as well as some alcohol and that doesn't make any difference either. Fruit and Veg are also eaten often.
OT just thought a chat on this subject about weight control, difficulties and experiences might be interesting.

OT..................... \:D/

papafarang
udonmap.com

Watch your Weight.

Post by papafarang » September 4, 2015, 2:37 pm

interesting OT doc got on my case about being 101kg, I knew it was too much, so cut down to about 6 beers a week, ate grilled chicken and salads, 3 sugars in my tea 6 times a day ,down to 1/2 +1 sweetener, very little bread in my diet, only 1 fried breakfast a week... guess how much...6kg...up
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Watch your Weight.

Post by FrazeeDK » September 4, 2015, 3:41 pm

I regularly weigh in at 85 kilo or so which for my height is about 10-12 kilos too much!! Without at least an hour of exercise a day I balloon up to 90 kilos quite easily.. It doesn't take too many beers or eating out too much to do it... Its a tough task to maintain optimum body weight.. Its a tough task to ensure I do get my hour to hour and a half a day of walking and light exercise.. Its quite easy to dodge it, sleeping in or claiming not feeling well. I can only blame myself though for an expanded waistline and a creaking scale...
Dave

old timer
udonmap.com

Watch your Weight.

Post by old timer » September 4, 2015, 3:45 pm

Equally interesting papafarang, maybe a couple of our blue Pfizer friends before a bit of romance will metabolize the metabolism faster, generally speaking endurance becomes a necessity rather than a chore with those crazy little things in your bloodstream.
Fried breakfasts are a must whatever your weight, any doctor that recommends not to eat a fry up needs to take a course in psychiatry because he is inflicting mental pain on his patients.
Coming back to what you were saying papafarang, OT had a similar experience a few years ago. I was going to the gym in Udon everyday for quite intese workouts and was eating rabbit food but was not losing weight. Sometime after I realized that it was the "amplified mass" protein drinks and lager that were causing the weight to stay on. I was in good shape but looked well fat.
OT doubts that there is any falang whos Thai wife or WFB complained about them being overweight, they always encourage it in OT's experience which doesn't help.

OT................. \:D/

Jing Jing
udonmap.com

Watch your Weight.

Post by Jing Jing » September 4, 2015, 6:29 pm

If you are going to have a fry up you could switch the oil to rice bran or coconut which are supposed to be healthier.

I think what works for one doesn't work for all. Your bmi is supposed to be less than 25 and your waist should less than 40 inches if your are a man.

There are some eating and exercise applications if you are interested in getting an idea what your putting in your stomach.

We all tend to have portion distortion. Western diets tend to be too large and too protien intense.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Watch your Weight.

Post by papafarang » September 4, 2015, 8:32 pm

TODAY
BREAKFAST. none
LUNCH. bowl of vegetable soup. no bread
DINNER. 150g steamed chicken breast, 1 tomato, I small cucumber, a couple of lettuce leaves, half a jalapeno pepper, 3 spring onions,1/4 grated carrot. dressing of salad vinegar ,salt ,pepper. no bread, no mayo, no oil , cup of tea ,low fat milk and 1/2 teaspoon sugar.
TOMORROW'S PLAN.
BREAKFAST. 50g rolled oats ,100ml low fat milk. no sugar or salt
LUNCH. 1 boiled potato , 50g ham, pea's, salt pepper.
DINNER. grilled chicken breast and salad with lemon juice ,salt pepper dressing. no bread
SUNDAY
BREAKFAST. 2 poached eggs,2 bacon, 2 Lincolnshire sausage patties( George foreman grill),grilled toms, hash brown, baked beans. slice of toast and butter...
LUNCH , boiled potato, mixed veg, steamed chicken breast ,Yorkshire pud, gravy....... yeehaaa come on sunday
i'm trying 8)
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Watch your Weight.

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » September 4, 2015, 9:10 pm

The last two summers I have lost about 25 lbs. in Laos and Khon Kaen. It is because I am adventurous and sally forth up and down hills, march all over the terrain in the hot sun, and drink tons of water and eat well at breakfast, lunch and dinner. I have diabetes and cannot skip meals. I am usually out walking 2-3 hours during the day, and for another hour or two at night. I like fry-ups, pork ribs, duck soup and lots of other food that might not be considered healthy but I ate a lot of green vegetables too. One thing I do not do is drink alcohol. I never have. However, it is tough for me to resist dark chocolate.

I am about 185 lbs. now.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Watch your Weight.

Post by jackspratt » September 4, 2015, 9:16 pm

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:The last two summers I have lost about 25 lbs. in Laos and Khon Kaen. It is because I am adventurous and sally forth up and down hills, march all over the terrain in the hot sun, and drink tons of water and eat well at breakfast, lunch and dinner. I have diabetes and cannot skip meals. I am usually out walking 2-3 hours during the day, and for another hour or two at night. I like fry-ups, pork ribs, duck soup and lots of other food that might not be considered healthy but I ate a lot of green vegetables too. One thing I do not do is drink alcohol. I never have. However, it is tough for me to resist dark chocolate.

I am about 185 lbs. now.
You disappoint me (and I am sure, a number of others here), Uncle - I had put your weight loss down to your frequent horizontal folk dancing sessions when trouping around the mysterious East. :D

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Watch your Weight.

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » September 4, 2015, 10:22 pm

I don't like bragging or rubbing it in, if you get my drift. 55+

GT93
udonmap.com

Watch your Weight.

Post by GT93 » September 5, 2015, 2:38 am

I think you are quite right to keep the reasons for your success secret uncle. I don't want to see Laos overrun with Jenny Craig tours. :D

There are a lot of calories in booze and they shouldn't be overlooked.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Watch your Weight.

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » September 5, 2015, 3:16 am

Khun jackspratt might be on to one of my secrets, but it is best not to stress that part of the scientific equation too much. Otherwise hordes of zombie-like ex-pats will be trekking to Laos to try, and spend, their fortunes in captivating the attention of sweet young things and ruining the country forever.

pomps
udonmap.com

Watch your Weight.

Post by pomps » September 5, 2015, 5:50 am

Am getting through a lot of prunejuice at the moment,maybe a bad somtum would be quicker :-k 8)

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Watch your Weight.

Post by Khun Paul » September 5, 2015, 6:06 am

You know this weight thing is a myth, when I was young I was 79 kilos fighting fit in HM Forces, not fat just heavy boned, now some 40 odd years lkater a mere 105 kilos, a little plump in certain areas but OK. health checks reveal all is as it should be, BP , Those pesky LDL, HDL and of course everything else they check.
I exercise in walking and gardening eat whatever I like and drink a little every now and again.
As you slow down generally you will put on weight, exercise is also a myth as muscle is heavier than fat. Everything in moderation my father said and that I believe, occasionally excess in food or drink BUT not every day.

SJP17
udonmap.com

Watch your Weight.

Post by SJP17 » September 5, 2015, 10:31 am

Breakfast like a individual, Lunch like a prince, Dinner like a Pauper plus 30 minutes of exercise a day but must get a good sweat on, your weight should come down and stabilise

papafarang
udonmap.com

Watch your Weight.

Post by papafarang » September 5, 2015, 10:35 am

i'm doing it the wrong way round, no breakfast this morning, not hungry

SJP17
udonmap.com

Watch your Weight.

Post by SJP17 » September 5, 2015, 10:48 am

You should always be hungry at breakfast time unless your eating too much after six pm or suffering from Night time eating syndrome,

old timer
udonmap.com

Watch your Weight.

Post by old timer » September 5, 2015, 1:33 pm

OT has the perfect pastime for anyone wanting to mix exercise with a worthwhile chore and good for those that have an interest in tennis, badminton, squash, in fact any sport that requires a racquet.
What you do is chase flying insects throughout your dwelling, particularly mosquitos, with a racquet zapper and execute them. Also handy for twatting the kids if they are playing up.
This should see the weight fall off.
zapper.jpg
zapper.jpg (9.93 KiB) Viewed 1437 times
OT.................... \:D/

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Watch your Weight.

Post by FrazeeDK » September 5, 2015, 4:38 pm

I remember using a similar electric discharge device for cleaning old vinyl records to "****" my kids.. They remember too and I don't anticipate my elder years as they get their payback!
Dave

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Watch your Weight.

Post by FrazeeDK » September 5, 2015, 4:39 pm

all joking aside, anybody on the east side near the horse racing track want to get an exercise group together. Nothing hard-core but brisk walking and using a local park exercise machines...
Dave

GT93
udonmap.com

Watch your Weight.

Post by GT93 » September 6, 2015, 3:27 am

You could have the zapper in one hand OT and a glass of Shiraz in the other. That would help maintain your sense of balance. You'd just need to check no dead mozzies end up in your glass before sipping between kills.

You might even name say the first ten dead mozzies after your ten least favoured udonmap posters. So rather than count 1, you might start 747man, then poster X, then poster Y etc ... If you kept repeating 747man then you'd know you were too far into the Shiraz bottle to do the exercise safely. :D
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Return to “Health & Beauty”