Australian Arrested

Udon Thani news, views and comments
Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Australian Arrested

Post by Khun Paul » October 20, 2015, 7:36 am

Are we STILL talking about a man who has been arrested for illegal entry, now awaiting deportation, or are we TRYING to shame the foreign population of Ban Dung who may or not as the case may be, knew about the previous exploits of this man.
Whichever way you look at it, those who knew and did nothing, live with the shame, those who did not know, no problem.
This is getting stale and old. can we not move on to more pressing matters , like for those with children Christmas and those with no children alcohol consumption. just an idea. .......lol

papafarang
udonmap.com

Australian Arrested

Post by papafarang » October 20, 2015, 7:55 am

I don't think anyone is trying to shame the residents of ban dung, but their are some that are shaming themselves though . as KP put it.
"Whichever way you look at it, those who knew and did nothing, live with the shame, those who did not know, no problem."
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

noosard
udonmap.com

Australian Arrested

Post by noosard » October 20, 2015, 8:22 am

Coxo posted
"If you bothered to read the articles and posts you would know he entered Thailand without a passport, he crossed the river from Lao in a longtail boat."

I read the articles
So he entered Thailand illegally
How did he leave Australia ?
On an Australian passport which should have been revoked
Like I posted before in answer to JS, Australia has no problem removing non citizen criminals back to origin
but is allowing export of it's own bad bunch

GT93
udonmap.com

Australian Arrested

Post by GT93 » October 20, 2015, 9:22 am

wazza wrote: ... Reading this thread it seems that any expat , that has left a previous country with outstanding matters, even outstanding child care payments , should be dobbed in to the relevant Embassy / Consulate.
You better keep mum about those overdue library books wazza!

I think governments would usually be happy for their ex-cons to head overseas.

I also thought the usual theory was you only get punished once. If passports were to be withdrawn, that should be something done by the sentencing judge according to the sanctions available for that offence at the time of the offence. I can't see it happening. I can't see Mr. Politician saying we must keep our violent crims and perverts at home and not let them scatter across the globe.

I also think that as a general rule an old sex offender who had good social connections with other appropriate people is less likely to offend and a totally ostracized con is more likely to re-offend. Just guessing.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

noosard
udonmap.com

Australian Arrested

Post by noosard » October 20, 2015, 9:58 am

Send the kiwi ex criminals to Australia
Kiwi ex convict flies to Australia
Arrives at the airport
Border security says go home you not wanted here ( no vacancies for you)
What a shame, and while you at it here a few more to return
Bye , don't let the door hit you on the bum on the way out

GT93
udonmap.com

Australian Arrested

Post by GT93 » October 20, 2015, 10:29 am

I'd think most of the good citizens of Australia would strongly prefer Mr. Yardley in Ban Dung than down their street in Oz near Australian children. Not in my backyard is a very common reaction to sex offenders.

Sure some Australians would be appalled at him being in Thailand. Understandably people in Thailand also aren't keen on Mr. Yardley's presence.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

noosard
udonmap.com

Australian Arrested

Post by noosard » October 20, 2015, 11:38 am

Good Christian values those
Export the undesirables
Yes it is common "the not in my backyard" for lots of different topics

fatbob
udonmap.com

Australian Arrested

Post by fatbob » October 20, 2015, 12:03 pm

He had no passport in the first place, did the Aus gov take it prior to getting out of the country? It's not hard to remove yourself from Australia without a passport if you are about to face criminal charges you have the motivation, there are plenty of yachts heading to Indo all the time, he kept himself under the radar in Thailand for a year, how long he was in Lao I have no idea without a passport, I don't really care, I do care about the children he molested though!

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Australian Arrested

Post by Aardvark » October 20, 2015, 6:07 pm

Sadly Australia has a bad record for leniency with this kind of creep ...https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/wa/a/ ... end-freed/.

Udon Map
Admin

Australian Arrested

Post by Udon Map » October 20, 2015, 8:15 pm

Gentlemen, let's remember that the topic of this thread is not each other. We've pruned a lot out of the thread, perhaps more than we needed to. We'll leave it open for now; but further deviations from the topic at hand, ad hominem comments or inappropriate language will result in the thread's taking a holiday. It is also inappropriate (read, violates UM rules) to circumvent the censoring software by the use of * or #. Further use of that tactic, whether in this thread or in others, will result in editing or removal of the post or more.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Australian Arrested

Post by Earnest » October 21, 2015, 12:58 am

coxo wrote:If you bothered to read the articles and posts you would know he entered Thailand without a passport, he crossed the river from Lao in a longtail boat.
Oh right. :shock:
Trevor Yardley, a 71-year-old Australian, who was jailed for seven years in Australia for sexually abusing two children, was caught in a house belonging to his Thai wife in Udon Thani.
Australian authorities asked their Thai counterparts to monitor Yardley after he started transferring money to a Thai bank account.
When he was arrested in Udon Thani, Yardley did not have an entry stamp for Thailand in his passport, Pol Lt Gen Nathathorn said.
Sources: http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general ... on-the-run

http://news.thaivisa.com/thailand/austr ... ni/117925/
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

tataw
udonmap.com

Australian Arrested

Post by tataw » October 21, 2015, 4:11 am

Earnest
udonmap.com

Australian Arrested

Post by Earnest » October 22, 2015, 12:38 am

:lol: :lol:

That can't be true, i thought most countries deported Kiwis as soon as they got wind of 'em. :lol:

http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/n ... 38164.html
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Return to “Udon Thani News”