Police Checks

General Udon Thani topics only!
stoneman
udonmap.com

Police Checks

Post by stoneman » November 6, 2015, 7:07 am

I suggest that they stop motorbikes and check for proper lights...I drive from Udon to Nong Wuaso every evening just after dark...And I am amazed at the number of motorbikes with no tail lights and they are extremely hard to see...How about the police taking some of their extortion money and setting up a FREE repair shop with their road block...Anyone found having no lights would be directed to the repair shop and mechanics would correct the problem...Free of Charge...

downunder
udonmap.com

Police Checks

Post by downunder » November 6, 2015, 8:54 am

The problem is that we are up against the word '' LOGIC " The establishment here is simply not interested or too lazy to want to do anything above and beyond the call of duty or anything that may resemble work. They are just not interested full stop. As we all know, how dangerous it is to survive, nothing will ever change unless someone takes charge who wants to see a safer Thailand, not how much Tea Money can be collected.

hairyharry
udonmap.com

Police Checks

Post by hairyharry » November 6, 2015, 3:44 pm

No idea if it's true (suspect it is) but I'm told that Thais remove the rear lights from their motorbikes so that a wandering homeless spirit cannot follow them home in the dark. It is, of course, far more dangerous to be followed home by a potentially evil spirit than to be invisible to traffic.

stoneman
udonmap.com

Police Checks

Post by stoneman » November 8, 2015, 7:46 am

hairyharry wrote:No idea if it's true (suspect it is) but I'm told that Thais remove the rear lights from their motorbikes so that a wandering homeless spirit cannot follow them home in the dark. It is, of course, far more dangerous to be followed home by a potentially evil spirit than to be invisible to traffic.
This would not surprise me at all...

timmy
udonmap.com

Police Checks

Post by timmy » November 8, 2015, 7:54 am

has any body else noticed ( or maybe its in my head ) that in and around the city more and more youngsters
are now NOT whearing there helmets , day and night time is it because the BIB ar,nt doing the spot checks
any more ?

novo58
udonmap.com

Police Checks

Post by novo58 » November 11, 2015, 4:36 pm

Did a drive on ring road today ( 11/11/15)........from Nongsamrong intersection around to Home pro.

Police Check on east bound side at usual place near bus stop shelter before petrol station( and just before Tesco).................

also further around ring road ----- pass Nong Khai hwy intersection and near railway line on west bound side.
this was at 11.15am ------but both gone when I returned home just after midday ( must have been lunch time)

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Police Checks

Post by RLTrader » November 12, 2015, 2:17 pm

There Back! - Went to Ngee Soon on 11/9 around the airport road or maybe KK rd they were set up on other side. On way back they were gone to lunch, but noticed they had a truck with arrows and signs park on dirt side road. Thinking they put it in road when working the traffic, but didn't notice before.

tataw
udonmap.com

Police Checks

Post by tataw » December 8, 2015, 10:24 am

Police check point at 09:30 on the corner of Posri and Thahan Rd (Udon Hospital road) without any notices or inspector. Back to their normal modus operandi. Getting close to the New Year.........

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Police Checks

Post by Hoopoe » July 12, 2016, 5:13 pm

Chack wow alert , they are now stopping you at police check points and asking for vehicle registration document's, luckily i had a copy of mine behind the sun visor ,they were not to pleased when i produced it, any one else had this , it was on the 2 road between Khon Kaen & Kumphawapi ,

parrot
udonmap.com

Police Checks

Post by parrot » July 12, 2016, 7:13 pm

I've had to show my blue book on a few (not recent) occasions. I suspect they do it to check that the tag on your window isn't your neighbor's.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Police Checks

Post by vincemunday » July 24, 2016, 9:49 am

I got fined 400 baht yesterday for changing lanes at the Big C intersection, I explained I had manoeuvred safely and indicated but they were having none of it and of course they had my license which he told me he would keep if I didn't pay.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

macca46
udonmap.com

Police Checks

Post by macca46 » July 24, 2016, 9:54 am

Tea money getting low???????

parrot
udonmap.com

Police Checks

Post by parrot » July 24, 2016, 11:14 am

vincemunday wrote:I got fined 400 baht yesterday for changing lanes at the Big C intersection, I explained I had manoeuvred safely and indicated but they were having none of it and of course they had my license which he told me he would keep if I didn't pay.
For the benefit of drivers, can you provide some specifics? No blinker? Changing lanes over the solid line? Etc. Thanks

udonmap.com

Police Checks

Post by 12345 » July 24, 2016, 11:32 am

Hmm...............fine for violating the law...............seems about right to me.

It is illegal to 'pass / change lanes' at an intersection, and also prior to the intersection, as that's what those white lines are for.

Whether done safely or not. People drive safely without helmet...........but...........and etc etc etc. Just because you didn't have an accident, doesn't mean it's a safe thing to do.

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Police Checks

Post by Hoopoe » July 24, 2016, 6:21 pm

NOT saying this is what you did , BUT at that intersection they constantly go into the turn right lane (to get to the front of the queue )then when the lights change to green they accelerate into the straight on lane ,

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Police Checks

Post by Lone Star » July 24, 2016, 6:27 pm

Last edited by Lone Star on October 18, 2019, 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Police Checks

Post by Khun Paul » July 25, 2016, 6:47 am

I am sorry in order to understand why the Op was fined one really needs to know which direction he was travelling in, there are only two roads on this intersection which stop those in two lanes from going straight, the others are a soingle lane with many using the second one to go straight or turn, legally.
Can the Op explain further, that would be helpful , I can at the moment only assume that you were on the ring road and was turning either to Big C or to Sakon Nakon, in that case both the outside lanes are for turning and at no time is it legal to go straight on . Commonsense and road marking should make that clear.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Police Checks

Post by vincemunday » July 26, 2016, 6:50 pm

Looking at the above posts I have broken the law and thus deserved the fine, I'll hold my hands up, but I genuinely ended up in the wrong lane and I genuinely changed lanes very carefully but I do understand what everyone says above. It must be very difficult for the police to differentiate between a genuine mistake and a boy racer so I guess it's right they assume the worst.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Police Checks

Post by papafarang » July 27, 2016, 7:51 am

yesterday I managed to get stopped by big c, stopped at the back of central and stopped again at Tesco. no fines . felt like it was a meet and greet with every udon copper, perhaps today I will just pull over to show my documents even if they don't want me too lol
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Barney
udonmap.com

Police Checks

Post by Barney » July 27, 2016, 10:56 am

papafarang wrote:yesterday I managed to get stopped by big c, stopped at the back of central and stopped again at Tesco. no fines . felt like it was a meet and greet with every udon copper, perhaps today I will just pull over to show my documents even if they don't want me too lol
You get around.
Do you have a monitoring bracelet on??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”