YELLOW HOUSE BOOK

General Udon Thani topics only!
downunder
udonmap.com

YELLOW HOUSE BOOK

Post by downunder » November 10, 2015, 11:35 am

I have a Yellow Book, Can someone please tell me what the procedure is if I change address. Does it require to be updated to the new address, or can I still use the same Book without alteration. Many Thanks DU

noosard
udonmap.com

YELLOW HOUSE BOOK

Post by noosard » November 10, 2015, 11:38 am

I believe the yellow book belongs to the address
So you will probably need a new one

eagle
udonmap.com

YELLOW HOUSE BOOK

Post by eagle » November 10, 2015, 3:52 pm

downunder wrote:I have a Yellow Book, Can someone please tell me what the procedure is if I change address. Does it require to be updated to the new address, or can I still use the same Book without alteration. Many Thanks DU
House Book and for foreigners, Yellow Book, has only one purpose. It tells which is your PERMANENT address. I.e. many from Isaan go to Bangkok for work. Still permanent address, voting area etc. is in Isaan. In Bangkok is only a temporary address.

I lived over one year in rental house with my family. We all were listed in house book and that was a house book to my parents-in-law house. So rental house was only a temporary place to live -no house book. Then we build our own house, moved here and changed permanent address here. Meaning that we all have now new house book.

I hope you can find your situation from here. If address change is permanent, which means that no connections to old house book address, you should have a new house book. But, even for 10-20 years "temporary" stay somewhere else, you can keep your address recorded to same house book than before, if you still are connected to that house and might return one day.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

YELLOW HOUSE BOOK

Post by Khun Paul » November 11, 2015, 9:32 am

The yellow book is
a duplicate of the house blue book bu tit has your name in it and the house owner authorises the issuance of said yellow book.
If you move permanently then you will have to acquire a NEW YELLOW book to show your NEW address. unless of course as stated before you have a connection to the old address and the owner is the same ( poss wife / or family member )

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”