Extention at Imm. Retirement.

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » December 16, 2015, 2:41 pm

malc123 wrote:Today I have just had the quickest retirment renewal ever 15 mins from walking in to walking out, well done Udon Imm.

malc123
Ditto. Arrive 1.30pm out at 2.00pm.

macca46
udonmap.com

Post by macca46 » December 16, 2015, 3:03 pm

I am up am tomorrow will let you know the outcome.

samuel
udonmap.com

Post by samuel » December 16, 2015, 9:08 pm

today i saw a poster outside at the immigration front door (on the right side) stating that the process for visa-extension will only take 16 minutes (!).
unfortunately had no camera with me.
maybe someone else will take a picture and post it here.
:-k

macca46
udonmap.com

Post by macca46 » December 17, 2015, 11:52 am

Yes a bit of a joke I was first up this morning (8.30am) had the big boss plus two trainee's took 30 minutes handed over 2000 baht no receipt no change the guy next to me the same, getting late in the week and maybe a shortage of tea money????

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » December 17, 2015, 11:53 am

You made a mistake onl;y take 1900 then they cannot get more and you do not lose.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » December 25, 2015, 4:36 pm

Just returned from doing my annual extension, as predicted the office was reasonably quite being Xmas day.

First in so the Boss (I assume as each staff member arrived they wai to him!) asked Mrs Dero and me to sit then away we went. I had a new passport so it took about 30 minutes just to sort it, not his fault, he had any number of new interns stuffing up the photo copies he wanted. (I had em all pre packaged but he indicated he preferred his staff do it as a part of their learning curve).

Anyway during the lull in proceedings I discussed (through Mrs Dero) with him the 30 Day "Under Consideration" aspect of the Retirement Extension. He explained it was a specific order from above and yes they were given authority to ask for 1500 Baht to do a fast track. BUT the passport holder does NOT have to attend in person to get the 12 month stamp in the 7 days prior the 30 day expiry of consideration. A proxy can do it.

Basically, if I have to do an emergency trip home during the next 3 weeks they will complete the extension for 1500 Baht, I can then get the re-entry permit and away I go.

2400 Baht - 500 being for the visa transfer into my new passport - AND no I didn't ask for a receipt for ANY of it - I mean it is Xmas isn't it! Ho Ho Ho. :-$
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » December 25, 2015, 4:54 pm

Just to add, they are no longer allowed to "Staple" the TM 6 "Departure" card into your passport, apparently this includes the Immigration Desks at the Airports. Mine was stapled and he was not impressed, removed the staple and used a paper clip??

Just guessing that some micro chips have been damaged??

AND, there was NO mention of Bank Statements to prove income from abroad.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

macca46
udonmap.com

Post by macca46 » December 25, 2015, 5:22 pm

I did my extension just a bit over a week ago same guy probably the same students everything was stapled back in, 90 days prior he also did my check staples again?

I gave him my letter from the bank plus a copy of my current bank book which has everything for the past 4 months still asked me to produce my bank book which he spent 3-4 minutes checking.

So I guess it depends on the mood and the day, the students? not very smart.

I have a couple of pages in my passport that have the look of a dart board.

Svein66
udonmap.com

Post by Svein66 » December 25, 2015, 8:21 pm

Bandung_Dero wrote:Just to add, they are no longer allowed to "Staple" the TM 6 "Departure" card into your passport, apparently this includes the Immigration Desks at the Airports. Mine was stapled and he was not impressed, removed the staple and used a paper clip??
I was there today too, and they (she) stapled the departure card back into my passport..

waanjai
udonmap.com

Post by waanjai » December 25, 2015, 9:49 pm

I have my own stapler. :D

Nubieend5

Extention at Imm Retirement

Post by Nubieend5 » April 27, 2016, 11:05 am

Can anyone help me what is the procedure to extend my mother's visitor visa extention to 30 more days over 6 months. Will there be any issues for future visits?

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » April 29, 2016, 10:35 am

As far as i am aware, there shouldn't be any issue - as long as current visa is still valid. 1900 baht, maybe some passport size photos. However, immigration can make up there own rules; may deny if you have already done this recently.

As long as their is no history of many visa exempt entries (30 days given to those with passports from most developed countries) can also do a visa run to Laos for either a visa exempt entry at the border or another tourist visa if going to a Thai embassy or consulate (e.g. Vientiane), but that is slightly more hassle.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » April 29, 2016, 11:26 am

A friend recently went to extend a Tourist visa by 30 days at Udon Immigration.
Absolutely no issues - they didn't want to look at his plane tickets (which he took along 'just in case')..

You do need to fill in a TM7..
http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en ... e=download

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”